Page 1598 of 1751 FirstFirst ... 59810981498154815881595159615971598159916001601160816481698 ... LastLast
Results 19,165 to 19,176 of 21004
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    @IOU
    1) how low is your car at the moment, any difficulties for daily driving with that height?
    At the moment. My lowest point is about 50mm (5cm) off the ground. Not 100% sure as I hav no proper way to measure it
    But definitely under the legal limit.
    The main problem I have driving at this height is that my frame/chassis always hits the ground on bumps. Especially the front K Frame.
    FDs has a really low frame for some reason. Speedhumps are the worst. Always have to slow down and hold up traffic.
    But you will get used to it and you'll learn how to avoid them. Your reflexes improves alot and you judgement will be better.
    I rarely hit the ground now that I have gotten useed to the car. I literally know every potholes and big Bumps/Dips on the road.
    and which road I can take and which road to avoid.
    Also, The Axleback pipe for the muffler will touch the Lower Control Arm if I have someone in the rear seat. No passenger is ok though.

2) what spec are your wheels now?

F: 17x8.5+30 - 215/40
    R:17x9.5+38 - 215/45
    Planning on getting something similar size but lower offset
    Getting an alignment soon to adjust my front camber. Thinking about going -1 degrees.
    Gives little more clearance when turning and when the car leans it will allow me to get extra grip
    I need to improve the cars handling to keep up with DAN on our "Cruise" down the mountain

3) with your wheels spec at the moment do you have any issues with scrubbing, hitting your guards?

My front guards have bent itself giving me a little extra clearance but looks ugly lol
    Nothing Major in the rear unless you plan on doing heavy cornering or have people in the back seat.
    This was before I got my guards rolled. No problems at all now that they are rolled.

4) are you on natural camber?

Natural at the moment. Planning on getting Camber arms as I want to get wider wheels

5) do you have to do any fender jobs?

Recently got Athid to Roll/Lip my guards. Did an awesome job. Highly recommended!
    Lipped Guards looks awesome aswell.
    But even before I got it rolled, car was still drive able. No major scrubbing or anything.
    Having 215/45 on a 9.5" rim is quite aggressive. But I like it.

You should come Derrimut carwash someday when you're free.
    DAN and I go every now and then when theres something going on. It'll be good to meet you

What type of pictures do you want?

Front tyre so flat cuzzy!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    i was in sydney a few weeks ago. if you have a lowered car as a daily... you are defo 'bout that lyfe'
    That's why I decided to stay with stock height LOL seen this 4dr civic GLI got defected for 1" drop or something at Canley Heights. Nek minut saw a tow truck coming for it LOL idk what happened but seem expensive
    Last edited by LetsDuDiss; 17-06-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    I need to improve the cars handling to keep up with DAN on our "Cruise" down the mountain

Ben pls I was on stock sussy and snow tyres that day

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    When's the next mountain run m8
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    When's the next mountain run m8
    Usually impromptu and shit, got a # or fb or anything? Ill msg you the next time we head out. Usually george, steven (black hk s2000) and a few others come along

Haven't run in a while though, need to take care of my alignment and get better tyres before i can keep up with the others. Positive camber sucks balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsDuDiss View Post
    Front tyre so flat cuzzy!!! LOL

That's why I decided to stay with stock height LOL seen this 4dr civic GLI got defected for 1" drop or something at Canley Heights. Nek minut saw a tow truck coming for it LOL idk what happened but seem expensive
    I doubt it was a 1" drop. Exhaust or anything hanging is the lowest point of the car.

Pretty sure it was cambered and all

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by *DAN* View Post
    Usually impromptu and shit, got a # or fb or anything? Ill msg you the next time we head out. Usually george, steven (black hk s2000) and a few others come along

Haven't run in a while though, need to take care of my alignment and get better tyres before i can keep up with the others. Positive camber sucks balls lol
    Yeh George been itching for one. I'll tell the guy to let me know. Pretty keen
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    even if you have to take your car off road everyday ya car should still be dumped on its guts. low is a life lifestyle or some shit??
    Last edited by threesix; 17-06-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: secreeet
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    Yeh George been itching for one. I'll tell the guy to let me know. Pretty keen
    Where are the SYD boyz at? Lets do a run as well haha. Damn Victorians haha :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    Where are the SYD boyz at? Lets do a run as well haha. Damn Victorians haha :P
    Can't run, stance is gonna make lolmclol dance

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    Can't run, stance is gonna make lolmclol dance
    noooo :'(

Quote Originally Posted by iou View Post
    thanks man
    which garage have you done for your car? My car if i want it to be lowered I have to get camber arms, can't be on natural camber.
    can we lower the front only or we have to lower front and rear at the same time
    Depends what I need to do. Mechanical Work I go to my friend Dai in Brabrook. He has a garage called C Tune.
    Suspension work I go to Tyre Power North Melbourne.

Also, Depends how much you want to lower your car. If you want it slammed like mine then definitely need Camber arms.
    Just a mild drop to get rid of the wheel gap then I dont think you will need it.
    You can lower any side you want as long as you have adjustable Coilovers or bags. If you are doing springs then I recommend all 4 at once.
    But as if lower front only. You like heads down ass up?

I forgot to mention before. I had to just the plastic liner covering the fuel line.
    And got my bumper tabs relocated.
    Thanks Threesix for reminding me

@LetsDuDiss Front tyres are 215/40 on an 8.5" were as of my rears are 215/45. So rears have more profile. Not much difference with 45 and 40 but in person theres a noticeable difference. It looks flat but my tyres are always at 36-38psi. I check it once a week when I fill up petrol. Make sure that shit doesnt come off when driving lol. The struggles with stretched tyres

- On a side note. Have you guys read this article?
    Maybe we can drive the New Civic Turbo legally?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226956590896
    Last edited by Honda_FD; 17-06-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    noooo :'(
    i get stuck on the speed humps on john st cabra

lelz