Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    SO im pretty excited bout this new civic.

From what im reading, it will come with a beefed up 6 speed manual (no auto despite what some people have said)
    Also, continuing the lines of the existing civic means keeping cost down.

But, im confused about one thing. i keep hearing vtec turbo, but yesterday i was reading i-vtec turbo. less exciting?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    SO im pretty excited bout this new civic.

From what im reading, it will come with a beefed up 6 speed manual (no auto despite what some people have said)
    Also, continuing the lines of the existing civic means keeping cost down.

But, im confused about one thing. i keep hearing vtec turbo, but yesterday i was reading i-vtec turbo. less exciting?
    Why would I vtec turbo be less exciting?

If anything, I VTEC will make the turbo spool quicker noimsayin?

Since the ecu can retard/distort the cam shaft angles to get the best angle for intake and exhaust from low rpm like 1.5k.

Wouldn't this only help the turbo start its talk from earlier rpm? When we WOT.

PS:Thisisjustwhatimadeuponthespot

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
    Is the auto transmission OK? or is it crap like the 5th gen preludes gearbox?

"Its outdated automatic transmissions will also be replaced in most cases by new-generation CVTs, although performance versions will get an impressive new eight-ratio DCT with paddles and an industry-first torque converter (generally the province of single-clutch units) to smoothen take-offs at low speeds.

In terms of new engines, while the hardcore 206kW/400Nm 2.0-litre direct-injection VTEC turbo destined for the reborn Civic Type R in 2015 is the star of the show, new ‘downsized’ 1.0-litre three-cylinder and 1.5-litre four-cylinder VTEC turbo units are arguably bigger news still.

We drove a Civic hatch mule fitted with this engine, matched with a six-speed manual gearbox, but a CVT version will be available from the get-go. The car pulled with gusto from 1500rpm, and had the hatch hustling at close to 200km/h on the straight of our closed circuit. "

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257C2800085DB9
    It has dsg
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    276hp fwd

no thanks

kudos for honda going with boost tho
    S14 all day
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Why would I vtec turbo be less exciting?

If anything, I VTEC will make the turbo spool quicker noimsayin?

PS:Thisisjustwhatimadeuponthespot

I nowhatyasayin however, no. the ivtec wont effect how early the boost spools. and having max power at low revs is as bad as having vtec killer cams lol.

I Vtec will prob help with smoothness in any part of the revs which might have soft spots or pressure loss or something. also, with fuel economy.

Do you guys reckon the front cut of the new Turbo VTEC civic will ever go down to around $6,000? if so how long? and how long would it take for Hasport or something to make a conversion kit for a ED civic or EK civic

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Do you guys reckon the front cut of the new Turbo VTEC civic will ever go down to around $6,000? if so how long? and how long would it take for Hasport or something to make a conversion kit for a ED civic or EK civic
    yes

3 years later

Why bother? Its most likely to feature other annoying stuff you have to convert or adapt...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Torell View Post
    I nowhatyasayin however, no. the ivtec wont effect how early the boost spools. and having max power at low revs is as bad as having vtec killer cams lol.

I Vtec will prob help with smoothness in any part of the revs which might have soft spots or pressure loss or something. also, with fuel economy.
    oh Damn i thought of the equation to be, more air intook = more air out in the exhaust = more air to spool the shuuuuu = more compressed air back inside the piston.

I think the days of old chassis swaps are numbered now. Honda has promised new'er versions aka the lightest chassis they have ever made...... how can they get lighter then eg? But they have promised.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Why bother? Its most likely to feature other annoying stuff you have to convert or adapt...
    Because i really like the look of the ED and EK civics, also i thought it would be lighter and also i always wanted a sleeper..
    what other annoying stuff do you need to convert/ adapt? Is it alot harder to do than a k-swap?

also, do you reckon people are gonna start putting the Turbo VTEC engines in mr2 spyders like the K- swap spyders

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Because i really like the look of the ED and EK civics, also i thought it would be lighter and also i always wanted a sleeper..
    what other annoying stuff do you need to convert/ adapt? Is it alot harder to do than a k-swap?

also, do you reckon people are gonna start putting the Turbo VTEC engines in mr2 spyders like the K- swap spyders
    nobody will know until the car comes out. I suspect it will be very fiddly
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

With enough money, anything is possible.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE

Just boost a k motor
    part time potato