Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5

water temp sensor install on B18C7

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by the following instruction, grateful for your help.

"25) There are a number of places you can tap into for coolant temperature readouts but the OEM location is the most accurate. Simply tap the BSPT hole to 1/8-inch NPT threads, install a tee fitting and thread the new sending unit in place along with the OEM one. Now the stock gauge works along with the new aftermarket gauges."

Here is the image, can you tell me what is a "Tee fitting?!?" and where can I can buy it? I don't want to cut my radiator hose...

Why are you doing this? If you want an aftermarket gauge then just use that instead of the OEM one.

To answer your question, a Tee fitting is a fitting shaped like a Tee (DUH). It has a male thread that screws into the block where they are cutting the thread. Then it has 2 female threads so you can screw both temp gauge senders into it. This is not uncommon for oil pressure / temp gauges but I haven't seen it done for ECT gauges.

They are telling you to tap a 1/8" BSPT thread to 1/8" NPTT. This is a bad idea, as you're going from a 28TPI thread to 27 TPI (with the same base diameter). You're not making the threads any deeper, just cutting out most of the original thread out, thus weakening it considerably. If the aftermarket gauge doesn't fit into the BSPT hole, then try to get a 1/8"NPTT female to 1/8"BSPT male adaptor (or whatever the male thread in your temp sensor for the new gauge is).
    Last edited by Hondarally; 04-02-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    tldr;

T fitting

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5
    Thanks for the info. I guess my next question is, is there a tee fitting showing in the image?

Mocchi: the image you show me has no thread on it. Looks like a garden hose tee fitting. You being sarcastic right? 😅 Oh well at least you didn't post a g-string for the "tee fitting"

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecomet07 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess my next question is, is there a tee fitting showing in the image?

Mocchi: the image you show me has no thread on it. Looks like a garden hose tee fitting. You being sarcastic right? 😅 Oh well at least you didn't post a g-string for the "tee fitting"
    well get a t fitting that has thread
    ill cut ur fuk m8

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Oh well at least you didn't post a g-string for the "tee fitting"

wat

mocchi posted a 'barbed' tee.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    its also called 3 dik fittings
    S P A M | W O R K S

it's also called fuk up scallywag

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Titty fitting
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Hey man, the part you need is a T fitting

Hope this helps

- Ryan
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    You probably have bhg

Pm user CARAYAN

Hope this helps

Gonna go murder a brown snake now
    part time potato