Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    How sure are you about this ?

I have never had an issue in the past leaving ALT C disconnected on JDM Engines (alternators) ALT F is the important one.

The regulator itself governs the output voltage, ALT C governs alternator load and should have no impact on output voltage.

If your alternator ran at 18v then your regulator is not doing its job.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 05-04-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    How sure are you about this ?

I have never had an issue in the past leaving ALT C disconnected on JDM Engines (alternators) ALT F is the important one.

The regulator itself governs the output voltage, ALT C governs alternator load and should have no impact on output voltage.

If your alternator ran at 18v then your regulator is not doing its job.
    Yeah man, absolutely sure. It's the same alternator that we had we we were using the Apexi FC.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    so how was ALT C and ALT F wired with the Apexi FC ?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    so how was ALT C and ALT F wired with the Apexi FC ?
    The Apexi FC was using the full factory harness. So ALT C to pin 19 Connector A & ALT F to the ELD in the engine bay fuse box.

So I see why now (hindsight being a wonderful thing) why ECU's such as Apexi, Hondata and 'Plug n Play' are popular. As they retain these factory items when using the original harness. Our problem was that as a track car, we didn't need or warrant all the extra wiring PLUS we install ITB's which we found on the dyno waqs a problem for the Apexi FC. The Quads make little manifold vacuum and the Apexi FC wanted to be tuned by TPS & MAP sensors, not either. So the car was undriveable. So we went the with Haltech PS1000 and installed our own harness. Much tidier and very tune-able. However then the Alternator control thingy raised its ugly head!!!
    Last edited by 39erman; 06-04-2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    fyi ive run alternators with the alt c disconnected without issue, alt f is the important one iirc. looks like you tied alt f straight to the battery going off your first post when the fsm says its looking for around 5v that decreses on load, im guessing that was your problem not the alt c wire.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    fyi ive run alternators with the alt c disconnected without issue, alt f is the important one iirc. looks like you tied alt f straight to the battery going off your first post when the fsm says its looking for around 5v that decreses on load, im guessing that was your problem not the alt c wire.
    Ok, so I tried ALT C to +ve = no result.
    Then ALT C to Gnd = no result.
    Then ALT C with 820 ohm to Gnd = no result.
    Then ALT C with 1K ohm to Gnd = no result.
    Then using a Voltage Regulator put +5v to ALT C = no result.

Then went looking for another alternator to fit and found an easy option without ELD/ALT C/ALT F being used.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...