Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    Awesome... ill read up on it tonight and aquire it. Thanks again. Ill try post a pic if my granma spec civic tonight. Thanks very much.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    ive been reading about the hondata and not sure if the posts ive read are out dated, but the hondata s300 sounds great. but.... my car is apparently obd2, and the hondata is for obd1, is this as simple as buying a obd2 to obd1 adapter as ive seen on ebay for around 25 buck cuz. or do i have it wrong and the honda will just plug in and give me 6000hp . trying to join the humerous side. seriously ive never been so confused since i got a honda. but i love it.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    ive been reading about the hondata and not sure if the posts ive read are out dated, but the hondata s300 sounds great. but.... my car is apparently obd2, and the hondata is for obd1, is this as simple as buying a obd2 to obd1 adapter as ive seen on ebay for around 25 buck cuz. or do i have it wrong and the honda will just plug in and give me 6000hp . trying to join the humerous side. seriously ive never been so confused since i got a honda. but i love it.
    oh you have a 99, be a bit tricky, you'd have to find a conversion harness 100%, it'll work. you MIGHT have to change your engine loom out to an obd2a, 99 d16y4 has a special obd2b
    SSpamily

hehe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    yeah. thats the sort of thing i was trying to avoid. maybe i should just go to a stand alone ecu like microtech and be done with it. need to do more research. this is the problem though. not sure what im researching. some people say the stock computer can handle low boost but surely this isnt right. as there is no abbilitly to tune. ah ill research some more. thanks again for your help

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    yeah. thats the sort of thing i was trying to avoid. maybe i should just go to a stand alone ecu like microtech and be done with it. need to do more research. this is the problem though. not sure what im researching. some people say the stock computer can handle low boost but surely this isnt right. as there is no abbilitly to tune. ah ill research some more. thanks again for your help
    stand alone is where cost starts add up, its a lot easier and cheaper to change wires, than to rewire and have a whole new computer system
    SSpamily

hehe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    yep your right. apparenlty not that hard, alot of the post i was reading was in 2009, apparently you buy one of these http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=122 ... then buy an obd1 ecu and dizzy i think. and your good to go. does this sound right to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    yep your right. apparenlty not that hard, alot of the post i was reading was in 2009, apparently you buy one of these http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=122 ... then buy an obd1 ecu and dizzy i think. and your good to go. does this sound right to you.
    dont need to change to obd1 dizzy, but you'd need obd1 ecu (p28, p72) s300 will only run in an obd1 ecu.

gonna wait on ecu-man see if he picks up on this and corrects me though, he'd have more comprehensive knowledge.
    SSpamily

hehe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    mate im sure your right. youve been seriously heaps of help. ive gone from serious concern about how to do this, i know how people say just search...but its hard when your not sure what your searching for. in my case i found a half tanked black fella that helped me see the light... cheers mate. I truly appreciate it. cant wait to get some bits and get these wheels in motion...

brent.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    here she is,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment (1).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	28100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	28101  

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Pm cbauto, he might know too
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Its still a good looking little Civic sedan.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 ek1 sedan
    Thanks.. i love it.