which intake manifold do i need in my life?

already have injen intake, plm headers, fujitsubo headers

have an rrc sitting here with a j35

i want more power, better economy, but i do not want to spend money on a flashpro or any other ecu due to the fact it is a daily not a racecar (i sold the flashpro i had)

what are some peoples opinions as to which mani is the best for stock ecu and my mods?

you want more power AND better fuel economy ? I personally would not invest in another manifold as it (1) will not do anything , it will actually lose power and fuel economy and (2) you will need to tune the car to take advantage any pro of it anyway.

Save cash. You have a heavyish fwd that needs abit more $$$ put into it to make a difference

haha yea
    i thought since they are a fairly old car that most people would be able to chime in with what they have tried
    on other cars i have, minor mods increase power and economy so thought i would ask here

Wait for Fredoops (?) to chime in - he plays with euros quite abit and tuning on the cheap.
    You do need to accept that the car will get louder but not faster with any mods ( due to abit of pork it has ).
    Can I suggest mods to increase handling , and thus making the car "quicker" point to point and more enjoyable ?
    New clutch / gearbox or even aftermarket LSD , plus an upgraded rear swaybar to start.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Dc5r gearbox
    Lightened flywheel

One guy here in Perth had a euro that he modded up a bit, that thing was fast and quiet..
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by exquisit View Post
    already have injen intake, plm headers, fujitsubo headers

have an rrc sitting here with a j35

i want more power, better economy, but i do not want to spend money on a flashpro or any other ecu due to the fact it is a daily not a racecar (i sold the flashpro i had)

what are some peoples opinions as to which mani is the best for stock ecu and my mods?
    Not with stock tune you wont.

No for both if you don't do some kind of tune, intake manifold makes significant changed to your WOT AFR.

Basic manifold design principles dictates that fat and shorter manifold gives better top end breathing but you lose velocity.... meaning daily driving would be crap, especially low load situations (which relies heavily on intake velocity to push the car along)

Just for the record, there's a reason tuners put the RBC 50/45 degree VTC in K24's when they put in an RBC intake manifold. It's NOT there to add peak power (because you taper down the VTC after VTEC anyway). The higher degree VTC is there to COMPENSATE the power and torque mid-range because of the lack of intake velocity from those short and fat runner'd intake manifolds
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars