View Full Version : [Euro] Hondata Update

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

mr747
23-01-2007, 08:58 AM
sounds good cant wait for the dyno sheet

adammet04
24-01-2007, 10:09 AM
ok well this sounds good,

waiting for the hardware to do the reflash is fairly important...

back on the analogy wagon its hard for the worker to build something if he dont have any tools :)

revives *still eagerly awaiting reflash* comment :)

Gibbo
17-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but shouldnt we be ready for the reflash now ?? Middle of Feb was the date we were given in the middle of Jan. Also could someone please clarify the process required to get the reflash ? Do we have to take our car to the shop or can we just send the ECU away and it gets flashed and sent back to us ??? Hopefully it will be the later because otherwise I cant really get the car down to brissy any time soon...

tony1234
17-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but shouldnt we be ready for the reflash now ?? Middle of Feb was the date we were given in the middle of Jan. Also could someone please clarify the process required to get the reflash ? Do we have to take our car to the shop or can we just send the ECU away and it gets flashed and sent back to us ??? Hopefully it will be the later because otherwise I cant really get the car down to brissy any time soon...
Everything is ready to go ex.headers.group buy will be approx.2 weeks away.You send the ECU away with your keys i think and they reflash it and send it back to you.Only catch is you're without your car for a few days.:)

Peekay34
18-02-2007, 01:33 PM
The Imobiliser, Key and ECU need to be shipped without these three items it cannot be done.

tony1234
18-02-2007, 02:57 PM
The Imobiliser, Key and ECU need to be shipped without these three items it cannot be done.
Yeah Peekay34 you're right,i forgot to inc. the immobiliser.:o

Type R Positive
18-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Good things come to those who wait.....
We have waited.....
It better be good!!!!!

Gibbo
18-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Wil there be some sort of DIY on the removal or location of the immmobiliser and the ECU ??? I am so keen to get this i can hardly wait... The stage two kit requires a header and exhaust doesnt it ? What are the approx power gains and gear needed for each stage ?

Peekay34
18-02-2007, 10:05 PM
The results will be posted on a site soon and yes there should be instructions on how to remove. I know the figures but have been sworn to secrecy. I have the intake and ecu package on my car without the exhaust and headers at the moment ...the pick up alone well let me say sweeeettt.

Gibbo
19-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Im turning green with envy Peekay ... :)

tony1234
19-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Wil there be some sort of DIY on the removal or location of the immmobiliser and the ECU ??? I am so keen to get this i can hardly wait... The stage two kit requires a header and exhaust doesnt it ? What are the approx power gains and gear needed for each stage ?
I've heard 150+ ATW with stage 4 which is IHE and reflash!!!:thumbsup:

BiLL|z0r
19-02-2007, 06:39 AM
The stage two kit requires a header and exhaust doesnt it ?
Stage 1 is reflash
Stage 2 is reflash and intake
Stage 3 is reflash, intake and exhuast (inc high flow cat)
Stage 4 is reflash, intake, exhaust and headers

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BusterSonic12
19-02-2007, 07:21 AM
The results will be posted on a site soon and yes there should be instructions on how to remove. I know the figures but have been sworn to secrecy. I have the intake and ecu package on my car without the exhaust and headers at the moment ...the pick up alone well let me say sweeeettt.

so u using the comptech air intake? or a jtune one?

tony1234
19-02-2007, 08:14 AM
so u using the comptech air intake? or a jtune one?
I think Peekay is using JTUNE which is modified K&N typhoon.Am i right?

Peekay34
19-02-2007, 06:40 PM
No it is their own setup only K&N about is the filter...

BusterSonic12
19-02-2007, 08:05 PM
so you using jtuned intake?

No it is their own setup only K&N about is the filter...

Peekay34
21-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Thats correct.

Gibbo
26-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Now the end of Feb... ??? Still no release date ??? and the other question is will they just send out the components you purchase and allow DIY of them ? Reading things on the Hondata site I get the impression that they have to fit all the bits and pieces and tune it etc... Hope this isn't the case - I can afford the gear but not the cost of them installing it - i can do it myself.

Gibbo
28-02-2007, 09:55 PM
bump ?

BiLL|z0r
01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
I was assuming the parts could be fitted by authorised companys around the country. The ECU/key/immobiliser needs to be sent to James but can hardly send the whole car for fitment of the goodies. Knowing James I doubt he'd let just anyone install the new mods since so much he's put so much work into developing it.

mr747
02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
i want this computer its taking to long

sodaz
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
i want this computer its taking to long

Indeed. It's bloody March already!

Gibbo
02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I think they might find the initial sales quite slow due to this stagnant release date - people are becomming "over" the whole Hondata thing i think. In saying that, I am waiting patiently for the release but would also like to be "rewarded" for waiting with a fairly substantial discount or some sort of concession (eg. Free postage on goods etc...)

TODA AU
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Rewarded! LOL
Good on ya.
Somebody goes to the trouble to make something work for your car...
& all you can do is complain....
Fair dinkum! & then expect some sort of reward... LOL

Anyhoo...
It'll all be released real soon.
I have a link to some pretty interesting dyno graphs.

yfin
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Rewarded! LOL
Good on ya.

Anyhoo...

It is frustration and if you knew the number of incorrect release dates that have been thrown around regarding this product (over more than 2 years - not just months) you might appreciate why some people are not happy.

As long as the release is perfect I couldn't give a hoot. With the end in sight we will all be rewarded with something to consider for tuning the CL9.

Gibbo
02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
All iwas saying it is good PR on hondatas part to keep potential customers happy because at the moment that is all we are "potential" - a small loss like free postage is chicken feed when you consider the suppossed amount of money invested and the rate at which they need to recoupe their capital invested in this project. Dude I am not expecting something for nothing but by the same token a bit of good will is the best advertising money can buy... food for thought....

TODA AU
02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I understand the frustration.
That's fair enough.
It'll be out soon enough.
I'd say the problem isn't the late release, it's you lot geeing each other up.
I was taking the piss on my previous post so don't take it to heart.
As for keeping potential customers happy...
If the product works, you'll be happy.
If not, well lets face it... It'll stop selling.

Gibbo
02-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Tis all good Toda - Hey as a suggestion would the traders be interested in showcasing the available products for the vehicle specific forums eg. CL9, Civic etc.. so we get a bit of an idea who sells what for our cars ?? (handy for us out of towners...)

Peekay34
02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
The Website with the sales information should be out soon. I understand your frustration but Yfin I need to correct you has been going for approx 16-18 months.... :-) .

albii
02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
sorry but it has been too long and unfortunately some people who were interested now find themselves ready to upgrade their cars.
if it had been 12 months ago fair enough but in 08 we will see the all new euro.

sodaz
03-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Rewarded! LOL
Good on ya.

Anyhoo...

Well it's not like they are going through all that trouble and giving it to us for free. We still have to pay them money now don't we?

Peekay34
03-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Well it's not like they are going through all that trouble and giving it to us for free. We still have to pay them money now don't we?

Thats right. A big percentage of the delay has been the manufacturer of the exhaust and headers. It costs a lot of time and money developing sending to a manufacturer to do their bit overseas ship it back see what they have done like or disklike modify ship back again and this has happended numerous times. So the "I must have a discount because I have been sooo inconvenienced" yet you still get to drive and enjoy your car even though what real inconvenience have you suffered?????. Think about this I have had a car I can't leave anywhere due to the imobiliser being disabled, I have an ECU that has been hanging out in my footwell for nigh on 12 months plus, I have lost my car in real terms for months. I beleive the only one who can claim inconvenience is myself, from a car point of view and the others involved be it small or large.

They are just waiting for some stuff to come back from overseas and then you will be able to buy the stuff, once that is here James I believe will making his offer to purchase it if you want it. Remember only a very small percentage of this stuff is sold by forums.

The exhaust and system and the intake sounds great. They are not cheap to produce or develop. When they are perfect they will be released and not before. They produce more power than any other system that has been researched on the market today without taking away the look of the car and sound. So your car won't drone.

Well have a nice but not to hot or steamy day.... and remain calm it is very very close.....

TODA AU
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Tis all good Toda - Hey as a suggestion would the traders be interested in showcasing the available products for the vehicle specific forums eg. CL9, Civic etc.. so we get a bit of an idea who sells what for our cars ?? (handy for us out of towners...)
It's kinda hard to do that without looking like an add or advertorial.
You'd have to get permission from the mods as it's really borderline on the rules.

EuroAccord13
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Peekay, I want to see the car perform on the strip!!!:D :D I want times :D

mr747
06-03-2007, 07:46 AM
great to hear its not far away keep up the good work

Peekay34
07-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Peekay, I want to see the car perform on the strip!!!:D :D I want times :D

I don't do the strip..... I take care of my car and don't thrash it. Ask Yfin what he thinks he has seen the car.

aaronng
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't do the strip..... I take care of my car and don't thrash it. Ask Yfin what he thinks he has seen the car.

Your car has already been used as a test car. It has already been thrashed. :)

sodaz
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Your car has already been used as a test car. It has already been thrashed. :)

Quite true, quite true.

EuroAccord13
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM

I don't doubt the power your car already possesses, but it'll be nice to see it in terms of performance and not just on paper... I mean.. The number of hours the car has been on the dyno easily pushes the car much further than say running the car 3 times on the strip... So what is a few runs on the strip?:cool:

yfin
08-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Peekay's car doesn't have headers and exhaust fitted at the moment - so now is not the time for him to do a 1/4 even if he wanted to. I don't think the 1/4 has to be harsher on the car than street driving.

Given the extra power you probably are not going to be able to take off from much more than 2500rpm. So the take off is easy (relatively speaking) on the car. I don't think it will be a situation where you will want to launch the car and be harsh on the drivetrain.

DynoDave
08-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Just another dyno queen hey spend all this money on a setup to make the car faster and not use it :confused:
Regards Dyno Dave

ALN
08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't doubt the power your car already possesses, but it'll be nice to see it in terms of performance and not just on paper... I mean.. The number of hours the car has been on the dyno easily pushes the car much further than say running the car 3 times on the strip... So what is a few runs on the strip?:cool:

:thumbsup: Couldn't agree more

Chris_F
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Just another dyno queen hey spend all this money on a setup to make the car faster and not use it :confused:
Regards Dyno Dave

maybe he appreciates the extra responsiveness in every day driving?

different strokes for different folks

ginganggooly
08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
It'd be nice to see a timeslip to match up with the impressive dyno results...
Otherwise I think alot of the gloss of the dyno figures gets worn away.

mr747
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
i cant wait untill this comes out im pumped

Chris_F
08-03-2007, 11:14 AM
It'd be nice to see a timeslip to match up with the impressive dyno results...
Otherwise I think alot of the gloss of the dyno figures gets worn away.

don't get me wrong I'd like to see what it can do as well - i just don't think anyone should be pressured into, or put down for not wanting to take it to the strip. It's peekay's car afterall.

Peekay34
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
don't get me wrong I'd like to see what it can do as well - i just don't think anyone should be pressured into, or put down for not wanting to take it to the strip. It's peekay's car afterall.

Thanks mate thats right. Besides why should I go to a strip just for others sake if they want how fast it goes if they want it they can pay for it cause I ain't out of my pocket I know what the car can do even as it stands now... I have never put a car on a strip not even my Sportivo Corolla with the $12500 dollars worth of mods that I spent on it.

Regards Dyno Dave

I prefer the driveabiliity not being a dyno queen it is a project car for the fun of it I don't need to do 160 kmh just to find out how quick it is or isn't so thanks for the comment mate really appretiate it. What money I have spent and why is my business and no one elses. Do I tell you how to spend your hard earned cash?????

Besides with all this so call dyno queening who will benefit from all my hard earned spending on a dyno.... You who ever buys the stuff...
So I don't think you have the right to knock me. The car is not complete I don't have all the stuff on my car even if I wanted to go to a track ...which I have no intention of doing. I have better things at the moment to do with my money... Like a new garage, rendering my house, buying a new tv, fixing my windows on my house, buying a motor bike, restumping some of my house....... so track work maybe in 3 years time when I have the spare cash..

Suntzu
08-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Hmm.ah ..ok

Can we get back on topic about actual release info on Hondata or whateva its called these days?

Ive decided to keep my 05 euro and get a new 07 CRV lux as a runabout so bring on the mods im up for it. Asuming of course that its not vapourware......

aaronng
08-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Why do you need the CRV? The Euro is already a runabout. It's not like its a track car.... Unless you need the space or you plan to drive up the stairs or something.

ginganggooly
09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Besides with all this so call dyno queening who will benefit from all my hard earned spending on a dyno.... You who ever buys the stuff...

And we all know how valuable dyno figures are.
:zip:

BusterSonic12
09-03-2007, 09:06 AM
is it going to be release end of this month now?

tony1234
09-03-2007, 09:15 AM
is it going to be release end of this month now?
Apparently.

Pumped
09-03-2007, 09:16 AM
No no, February 2008

TypeG
09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
No no, February 2008

2008??????:confused:
until the new Euro come out?
LOL

Pumped
09-03-2007, 09:31 AM
:p jks

Suntzu
09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Why do you need the CRV? The Euro is already a runabout. It's not like its a track car.... Unless you need the space or you plan to drive up the stairs or something.

Yer u got a 5 month old baby and the wife likes the extra space. The new crv does handle very nicely but its underpowered. So i get the best of both worlds, a euro to Mod and a decent family/lux car for trips.

Cant wait for the hondata, hope its soon.

Peekay34
09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
And we all know how valuable dyno figures are.
:zip:

Mate without dyno's what would you be doing to get relevant figures... racing up and down the streets of lehkemba I supose????? with some one chasing it with an analyser????? hmmm now I would like to see that

albii
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
dynos are great for tuning a/f mixtures and thats about it.
i have seen cars make 500hp on a dyno and people think shit that must be quick but if it makes 500hp at 6000 rpm its not very usefull.
dyno figures dont mean a thing in my eyes cos they dont always mean quick times.

Omotesando
09-03-2007, 10:21 PM
So what is the expected Strip Times with the Stage 3 and Stage 4 set up?

Although Peekay isn't interested and it is his rights albeit strange considering the car's all powered up, I'm thinking a lot of customers will want to see some real figures.

I need to be able to overtake some MPS and GTIs. :angel:

Suntzu
09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Mate without dyno's what would you be doing to get relevant figures... racing up and down the streets of lehkemba I supose????? with some one chasing it with an analyser????? hmmm now I would like to see that

Thats a pretty harsh and inappropriate generalisation mate. Might be best to keep that to another thread and keep this on topic eh?

EuroAccord13
09-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Ok...

I apologise as I feel I was the one responsible to get the OT going... Let's stop here and just wait for the formal release...

As for what Peekay wants to do with his car, it's his choice, if he wants to keep the car away from the track, it's his choice so let's end it here....

Peekay34
10-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I apologise as well. But I am quite sick of people hammering me because of the choices I make with my car.

It is a passion to make my car the best I can... just cause I don't race the thing is my choice ....maybe one day. But I just don't have the spare cash at the moment besides I don't have the full kit on my car yet.

DynoDave
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
dynos are great for tuning a/f mixtures and thats about it.
i have seen cars make 500hp on a dyno and people think shit that must be quick but if it makes 500hp at 6000 rpm its not very usefull.
dyno figures dont mean a thing in my eyes cos they dont always mean quick times.
That is so well put,I'm all in for racing dyno's and then talking up how fast there car SHOULD BE at the track.
Regards Dyno Dave

ginganggooly
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM

I'd be doing what I've done in the past - Taking it to the strip.
Those figures are much more relevent than any dyno figures.

It's amazing that someone who has spent hours upon hours, whoring their car up on a dyno, refuses to give the car a few passes down the strip on the basis of not wanting to "thrash" their car... Mate, just wrap it up in cotton wool and leave it in the garage.

yfin
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd be doing what I've done in the past - Taking it to the strip.
Those figures are much more relevent than any dyno figures.

It's amazing that someone who has spent hours upon hours, whoring their car up on a dyno, refuses to give the car a few passes down the strip on the basis of not wanting to "thrash" their car... Mate, just wrap it up in cotton wool and leave it in the garage.

Peekay has given up his car as a test mule in the Hondata development process for a long time. He has been without his car in some cases for many weeks if not months at a time. We will all benefit from the sacrifices he has made and I don't see any utility in pressuring him to do something he has already said he is not going to do. His explanation for being involved in the process is more than reasonable. He is looking for improved driveability - not some stupid piece of paper that says what the car can do over 400 metres.

ginganggooly
10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Peekay has given up his car as a test mule in the Hondata development process for a long time. He has been without his car in some cases for many weeks if not months at a time. We will all benefit from the sacrifices he has made and I don't see any utility in pressuring him to do something he has already said he is not going to do. His explanation for being involved in the process is more than reasonable. He is looking for improved driveability - not some stupid piece of paper that says what the car can do over 400 metres.

Ahyes, instead we have a stupid piece of paper that says with these mods you make this much power. Good on you.

Time slips are stupid pieces of paper now are they?
Here I was thinking this forum was for enthusiasts. Silly me.

yfin
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Ahyes, instead we have a stupid piece of paper that says with these mods you make this much power. Good on you.

Time slips are stupid pieces of paper now are they?
Here I was thinking this forum was for enthusiasts. Silly me.

You can be a car enthustiast without giving a hoot about 1/4 mile times or dyno graphs. I, for one, prefer to focus on how balanced a car is and how it handles rather than 1/4 mile or dyno graphs. Any idiot can put their foot down and drive a car in a straight line.

The dyno readings Peekay has are from the development process. He has not gone into the process chasing a number on the dyno. And yes, they are both just stupid pieces of paper as they don't tell you with any certainty how the car drives in the real world.

pornstar
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Disagree with you Yfin, the quarter mile slip is a much better yardstick for power, and the drag strip is the real world is it not?

What you will find that many of the others are already finding out or have found out is that many of these powerful dyno'ed cars cant get anything like a good time on the quarter mile, and it shows that most often is the case, that they really dont have the power they claim.

And no, not just any idiot can put their foot down and drive fast, there is skill in drag racing as there is in circuit racing.

yfin
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Disagree with you Yfin, the quarter mile slip is a much better yardstick for power, and the drag strip is the real world is it not?

Yeah for sure, 1/4 is better than a dyno chart. But I don't see the 1/4 as meaning much in the real world because of the speeds involved (well over 100kph). And yes you are right there is a skill to drag racing.

But some people seem to be blinded by 1/4 mile times. That is all they want to know. Why don't people prefer to look at 0-100, 0-60 and overtaking times. More useful to me.

Chris_F
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
1/4 mile = a number of variables involved (driver & conditions)

I think I'd have more to gain with my car down the quarter by handing it to an experienced driver.

dyno = a number of variables (calibration & conditions)

The real value is in tuning the car, power at the wheels is good for a rough idea but is hard to compare across dynos as most know.

I'd also be interested in 0-100km/h figures but, even more so, in gear rolling acceleration tests... say 20-100km/g and 80-120km/h tested back to back with a standard euro on the same day. No real thrashing of the car would be required and you could gauge an improvement more easily by eliminating a lot of variables.

BusterSonic12
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Back To The Topic!!!

sodaz
10-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Personally i'd like to know these figures after the reflash:

1. 0-60km/h
2. 0-100km/h
3. 80-120km/h
4. 0-400m
5. Before and After power at the wheels (same day, same dyno)

Pumped
10-03-2007, 11:33 PM
:)
i like teh beer

markasia
11-03-2007, 12:01 AM

1. 0-60km/h
2. 0-100km/h
3. 80-120km/h
4. 0-400m

Same Same!!

aaronng
11-03-2007, 12:34 AM

1. 0-60km/h
2. 0-100km/h
3. 80-120km/h
4. 0-400m

Buy the reflash and let us know too. :)

Gibbo
11-03-2007, 07:45 AM
we would if it was available...

mr747
13-03-2007, 10:53 AM
we would if it was available...

lol lol

Pumped
13-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Whats the likelihood of an ecu reflash for the Comptech Supercharger? :eek:

stephen8512
13-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Whats the likelihood of an ecu reflash for the Comptech Supercharger? :eek:

wait another 5 years....

Chris_F
13-03-2007, 12:06 PM
since comptech is now out of business, i would say VERY unlikely

aaronng
13-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Comptech bought the supercharger from another company. Just find out which company that was, source the belts, brackets and piping, you can make your own equivalent.

Pumped
13-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Its an Eaton M62 Blower :) im 95% sure

about $2600 Aus i think.

would seem much cheaper to build my own kit anyway!

Peekay34
13-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Good luck ...you still need to cast the manifolds unless you have this and the correct tooling would be very hard

13-03-2007, 08:58 PM
go turbo :p instead supercharging MUAHUAHUAH !!

Peekay34
13-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Would be cheaper and easier to do... I agree

Chris_F
14-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Comptech bought the supercharger from another company. Just find out which company that was, source the belts, brackets and piping, you can make your own equivalent.

yea you could do, but the likely hood of hondata (Australia) making an official reflash for such cases is still very unlikely

yfin
14-03-2007, 06:10 PM
yea you could do, but the likely hood of hondata (Australia) making an official reflash for such cases is still very unlikely

You could speak to James about a possible custom reflash. Worth exploring...

Chris_F
14-03-2007, 06:35 PM
I personally wouldn't be interested in a FI setup, but I guess that'd def. be an option for some members.

Peekay34
14-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I think James will be looking at a Turbo for the Euro eventually anyway

Chris_F
14-03-2007, 08:18 PM
good to see so much support for the car now and in the future

Gibbo
19-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Any further news ?? It is past the middle of March and we are still waiting for a release date. Cmon - surely you can do better than this, Hondata... Please :)

enkay
19-03-2007, 09:21 PM
OMG ITS OUT havent u seen the site!?!?!?!

btw im jokin =P
um last time i heard he said site n release of products is comin out within 2 weeks n that was said last week so mayb 1 more week?
time will tell us anyways

Pumped
19-03-2007, 09:21 PM
One day...

I'll wake up and it'll be released and my life will be complete

enkay
19-03-2007, 09:24 PM
lol im goin to wake up one day n find out its released then go damn im still poor and have no money for it as the day b4 i slept.

tony1234
20-03-2007, 06:18 AM
lol im goin to wake up one day n find out its released then go damn im still poor and have no money for it as the day b4 i slept.
hahaha,When it's released you'll find the money.:)

mr747
20-03-2007, 08:17 AM
i wish they would hurry
even if its one week left they could take orders and by the time the goods came and everyone paid it would be the same sh&*

tony1234
20-03-2007, 09:22 AM
i wish they would hurry
even if its one week left they could take orders and by the time the goods came and everyone paid it would be the same sh&*
Yeah,it's frustrating.BTW mr747 what are you getting?stage 4?

mr747
20-03-2007, 09:29 AM
what ever has the most power :) yourself?

tony1234
20-03-2007, 04:38 PM
what ever has the most power :) yourself?
Yep.Stage 4.FTW!

ENVSSS
20-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Same here! Stage 4 all the way. I just wish they would release a little more info just to tantalise us more, it’s slipping further back in my mind. Never the less it should be worth the wait...I hope.:p

Gibbo
28-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Snore...

Omotesando
28-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Some magazine said the new Year 2016 Euro Accord is coming out next month.

So are we going to get our MY05 Hondata release yet? :wave:

yfin
28-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Same here! Stage 4 all the way. I just wish they would release a little more info just to tantalise us more, it’s slipping further back in my mind. Never the less it should be worth the wait...I hope.:p

You guys wanting the whole package - you are not bothered by the potential cost of it? I know the exact price has not been released but we have been given a rough idea.

I am not so sure about the whole package now. The reflash sounds like good value and I will probably lean towards that without any bolt ons. The bolt ons, flash, and install all add up.

There are quite a few alternative vehicles on the market now that will spank even the top version reflash with bolt ons at the same entry point as the Euro. I wonder whether it is just better putting the almost $5000 towards a different car (prob not now but in a year or two).

I also have high hopes for the replacement Euro being turbo and SH-AWD :D I am losing interest in this a little. Anyone else having second thoughts?

Suntzu
28-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep me too. I am hanging on to my 05 euro, only got 28 000kms on it. I have a 07 CRV Lux coming this friday.

Im wanting the full Hondata package but Id get a very nice trade on my euro at the moment and add $5000 to that and im thinking S2000 mmmm or something turbo stock...

Omotesando
28-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm thinking along the same lines as YFIN.

I'm quite certain I won't mod my Euro now. I'll rather spend the extra money on another car. A Renault Megane Sports for example... that car is just crazy fast around corners - what Civic Type R? lol.

Or the alternative is I'll get the latest Euro Accord and hope that next time around the mods will arrive sooner.

stephen8512
28-03-2007, 11:51 PM
to all the guys thats modding the euro, i guess you could say im a "veteran" now since ive been there, done that with my car and now that its back to stock and now that ive sold all the parts that i had on it (hahaha "veteran" maks me sound old...)

IMO, (and this is just my opinion), dont bother with engine mods, with hondata or anything like that with the euro. I say just go for a nice kit, rims, and a bit of lowering and maybe MAYBE an exhaust. If not, lowering with spring/shocks and just nice rims would do the trick, unless you want to use the car for tracking purposes....but even then, i dont think doing engine mods to the euro is worth the trouble

the extent of mods as far as engine mods go, personally I would probably put a CAI and leave the internals, ECU and everything else as is. Not even headers or a full catback. For the amount of money you pay for mods on a euro, its not as much bang for buck as you would get with a force inducted car....and even the other mods for the euro like teins, cusco, mugen, etc are expensive compared to other more mainstream cars like the silvias, skylines, RX7's, wrx, evo's etc. (but then again that has partly to do with hondas reputation of jacking up the price 10 fold)

And if i still had the euro (in terms of when my car was back in its former glory ^^), i doubt I would have paid for a full hondata reflash with stage 4 and everything (if it even comes out), just cuz of the fact that it took way too damn long and half of that decision would be out of spite...cuz no offence to peekay or anyone at hondata but seriously, i think i speak for the rest of us when i say it took too bloody long to even get it this far and i'd just have the "cant be fked anymore" attitude. Fair enough peekay gave up his car to be the guinea pig and I have full respect for that, but thats not the issue here. it just took way too damn long....and even STILL we dont know the exact pricing for it. Yeah there seems to be some significant gains from a stock euro but any car that you do engine mods to will more than likely give you gains over its stock form providing the mods are sensible.

I guess true N/A enthusiasts (or purists as i call them) will go ahead and mod a honda or the VTEC engine no matter what anyone says. But for me, i would rather spend 5K on engine mods knowing that my car will put out a significant amount more power than its stock form....
e.g my friend has an R34 GTT and going around wakefield, the turbo blew. Stock turbo, a few engine mods here and there. Before the turbo blew, the car was making around 200kw atw with about 1 bar boost. He spent around 5K for a full turbo upgrade with other bits here and there and it now pulls around 290 at 1 bar and about 330 at 1.2 bar.

my 2c

BiLL|z0r
29-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Gotta agree with Stephen and Yfin also.
I might consider the reflash and maybe CAI (for a good note) but I want to know the fuel consumption details in full first. The full exhaust/headers is way too expensive though.
Certainly rather trade in and get a CTR or turbo car from the word go.

yfin
29-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Gotta agree with Stephen and Yfin also.
I might consider the reflash and maybe CAI (for a good note) but I want to know the fuel consumption details in full first. The full exhaust/headers is way too expensive though.
Certainly rather trade in and get a CTR or turbo car from the word go.

I think someone asked Peekay about consumption previously and he said he hasn't seen any adverse difference. I wouldn't let consumption hold you back.

You guys have shored up my opinion on this - will probably go for the base flash only.

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:25 AM
e.g my friend has an R34 GTT and going around wakefield, the turbo blew. Stock turbo, a few engine mods here and there. Before the turbo blew, the car was making around 200kw atw with about 1 bar boost. He spent around 5K for a full turbo upgrade with other bits here and there and it now pulls around 290 at 1 bar and about 330 at 1.2 bar.

That is why most of us stick with N/A rather than go forced induction. There is almost no risk of a blown headgasket on the track.

tony1234
29-03-2007, 07:25 AM
You guys wanting the whole package - you are not bothered by the potential cost of it? I know the exact price has not been released but we have been given a rough idea.

I am not so sure about the whole package now. The reflash sounds like good value and I will probably lean towards that without any bolt ons. The bolt ons, flash, and install all add up.

There are quite a few alternative vehicles on the market now that will spank even the top version reflash with bolt ons at the same entry point as the Euro. I wonder whether it is just better putting the almost $5000 towards a different car (prob not now but in a year or two).

I also have high hopes for the replacement Euro being turbo and SH-AWD :D I am losing interest in this a little. Anyone else having second thoughts?
Mmm.I am having second thoughts, i'll wait and see when it's eventually released i suppose.I've budgeted on approx.4k for stage 4 i don't know how close it'll be to that figure with a group buy.:(

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:26 AM
In my opinion, the base flash won't change your fuel consumption much. But the full blown 150kW one will increase fuel consumption.

tony1234
29-03-2007, 07:30 AM
In my opinion, the base flash won't change your fuel consumption much. But the full blown 150kW one will increase fuel consumption.
Fuel consumption should increase only if you use the available power.Normal driving should yield the same or better than stock figures because the engine is more efficient with the mods.

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:32 AM
the extent of mods as far as engine mods go, personally I would probably put a CAI and leave the internals, ECU and everything else as is. Not even headers or a full catback. For the amount of money you pay for mods on a euro, its not as much bang for buck as you would get with a force inducted car....
Hehe, all your power gains were negated by your heavy mods. Power and VIP doesn't go together, that's the problem.

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 07:42 AM
That is why most of us stick with N/A rather than go forced induction. There is almost no risk of a blown headgasket on the track.

true,
but what i guess im trying to say is, unless its the euro R, our normal euro's dont see that much benefit compared to the amt of money put in for mods from putting in track worthy mods as compared to other N/A examples, such as type Rs and lotus elise/exige, etc. Even the euro R i dont think is that great a track worthy car....
but each to their own...

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Hehe, all your power gains were negated by your heavy mods. Power and VIP doesn't go together, that's the problem.

lol power and vip are MEANT to go to together. Q45's, Celsiors, LS430's are all V8's :D

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Fuel consumption should increase only if you use the available power.Normal driving should yield the same or better than stock figures because the engine is more efficient with the mods.

Stage 4 advances the ignition timing as much as possible as well as maximise the cam advance angle. Those 2 will need more fuel than normal (not a whole lot, just a bit more) to prevent any detonation, especially when at low RPM high load.

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:53 AM
true,
but what i guess im trying to say is, unless its the euro R, our normal euro's dont see that much benefit compared to the amt of money put in for mods from putting in track worthy mods as compared to other N/A examples, such as type Rs and lotus elise/exige, etc. Even the euro R i dont think is that great a track worthy car....
but each to their own...

The Euro's engine to start with is not a high revving one and above 5000rpm, is starving for air. Forced induction will help it a lot. But yeah, the base NA engine does not leave a lot to work with.

BTW, with coils, the Euro is a fast car. Of course, it has to be set up properly. Being in Melb now, I've noticed that every lowered Euro has the front wheel jack point lower than the rear wheel jack point (both at teh side skirt), thus they are lowered for looks, not handling. All I can say is that corner balancing and coils are the best mods that I have done on my car. :)

As for Elise/Exige, you are paying for coilovers, racing tyres, racing brakes, weight reduction and chassis stiffening straight from the factory.

aaronng
29-03-2007, 07:54 AM
lol power and vip are MEANT to go to together. Q45's, Celsiors, LS430's are all V8's :D

That makes the Euro a mini-VIP, since its engine is below 3L capacity. :p

adammet04
29-03-2007, 08:12 AM
im still going for ecu reflash... :D

ZYL11A
29-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I was looking at going for the reflash as well but I dont think I will after having to wait so long. Im also look at upgrading my Euro to a new one so that is also a big factor of not getting it done.

Does anyone know when the new one will be released?? Im thinking next year right?? Cause by then, the current shape will have been out for 5 years

TypeG
29-03-2007, 11:24 AM
true,
but each to their own...

man what are u on.... Euro R is a TypeR itself and is a very good track car. see the Phase EUro R, it is amazing. nice coilover, strut, tyres, light weight rims and brake on any TypeR will be a very good track car. dont find an excuse on going VIP
JDM yo lol

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 04:40 PM
man what are u on.... Euro R is a TypeR itself and is a very good track car. see the Phase EUro R, it is amazing. nice coilover, strut, tyres, light weight rims and brake on any TypeR will be a very good track car. dont find an excuse on going VIP
JDM yo lol

true,
but each to their own...

what are YOU on?
i said "UNLESS ITS THE EURO R" which means i excluded the euro R from my examples....i was talking about OUR CL9's. learn to read :thumbdwn:

and no doubt, phase euro R is very nice. Never said it wasn't...but ur talkin about a full race/track bred car here. u can say that with ANY race car. Sunline Auto R34 GTR, RE amemiya RX7, Spoon S2K, etc etc. They are all amazing examples of their class.

and it never was an "excuse" to go VIP anyway. All i said was if ur gonna mod the euro (not just engine mods, but mods in general), IMO doing rims, bodykit and lowering would be sufficient...but again each to their own. ur totally missing the point here. i was arguing that money paid for mods on OUR EURO CL9 (not CL7 euro R) isnt really bang for buck on the K24A3 so i dont see the point in even spending another 5K or so for the full stage 4 hondata reflash or watever it is.

Even ask DRIVEN (ozhonda trader). he built his CL9 for track and he even bought 3K worth of AP racing brakes and rotors, had cusco zeal coilovers, spoon shortshifter, CE28Ns, swift front and rear sway bars, maxim headers, 5zigen single out exhaust, as well as other stuff. And even HE thinks that money for mods to make the euro a TRACK CAR isnt worth it. And if you know anything, then you would know that the mods i just stated are very good quality mods so if you pay THAT MUCH MONEY with focus on ur car being a TRACK car and even after all that, its not worth it, then getting a reflash and paying that much for the full stage 4 hondata cant be worth it either (in terms of money paid for gains given)

and since ur so focused on "jdm" i guess ur not gonna get the reflash anyway even if it does come out....
im not for JDM, im not against JDM. I do my car as how I see fit. Sure, sometimes JDM is nice and with my RX7 i plan to do it up with full JDM mods cuz even though its JDM, its how IIII want to do it up. With the euro however, I felt like we got cheated here in australia for thm not to bring out the euro R. So the CL9 in my eyes was more of a cruiser than a JDM type vehicle, which is why I went for looks and a lil bit of power to go with it. But having said that, that "little bit of power" for the price i paid for my mods definately wasn't worth it in my books and personaly I wouldnt do it again. not on the euro anyway. (CL9, not 7...in case u thought i was talkin about the euro R again)

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I was looking at going for the reflash as well but I dont think I will after having to wait so long. Im also look at upgrading my Euro to a new one so that is also a big factor of not getting it done.

Does anyone know when the new one will be released?? Im thinking next year right?? Cause by then, the current shape will have been out for 5 years

hey peter long time mate
hahaha who the fk knows when hondata will actually bring it out. they keep saying soon, soon, but eh. ive given up hope a long time ago. hahaha

TypeG
29-03-2007, 05:06 PM
true,
but each to their own...

sorry, i am refering to the last sentence.
Driven is another case since he is more after power than anything else as I talked to him quite a few times on modifying a Euro. I am not going to sell the car because it is not a worthy track car since I need a four doors car with a bit of comfort for long trip. MAYBE he is not a good tracker and want to something more power and better like EVO which the ECU does everything for the driver .............
i agree that NA is not worth getting performance mod as the money you spend is not going to make big different.

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 05:21 PM
sorry, i am refering to the last sentence.
Driven is another case since he is more after power than anything else as I talked to him quite a few times on modifying a Euro. I am not going to sell the car because it is not a worthy track car since I need a four doors car with a bit of comfort for long trip. MAYBE he is not a good tracker and want to something more power and better like EVO which the ECU does everything for the driver .............
i agree that NA is not worth getting performance mod as the money you spend is not going to make big different.

fair enuff
but stock for stock, a euro R vs say, DC2R, DC5R, CTR, the euro R would be the heaviest.

and driven (from what i understand) is only after more power becaue for the amount of mods he paid for his euro, and the power output he got, it wasnt enough to satisfy him, since he felt he could get more bang for buck on a turbo. And i think I would be the same too. imagine spending ALL THAT MONEY on brakes, headers, exhaust etc etc to make a track car out of a euro, only to have ur times marginally reduced. True, it also boils down to the driver of the vehicle, but you'd want to get at least more than just 2 seconds with the mods he had on his euro

and thats why i said, modding wise, performance mods isnt really beneficial if ur a serious tracker. if ur just an occasional tracker for fun then i guess gettin the standard I/H/E with a reflash would benefit you, but not much. and personally i wouldnt do it. id mod it to make it look good

TypeG
29-03-2007, 05:29 PM
fair enuff
but stock for stock, a euro R vs say, DC2R, DC5R, CTR, the euro R would be the heaviest.

and driven (from what i understand) is only after more power becaue for the amount of mods he paid for his euro, and the power output he got, it wasnt enough to satisfy him, since he felt he could get more bang for buck on a turbo. And i think I would be the same too. imagine spending ALL THAT MONEY on brakes, headers, exhaust etc etc to make a track car out of a euro, only to have ur times marginally reduced. True, it also boils down to the driver of the vehicle, but you'd want to get at least more than just 2 seconds with the mods he had on his euro

and thats why i said, modding wise, performance mods isnt really beneficial if ur a serious tracker. if ur just an occasional tracker for fun then i guess gettin the standard I/H/E with a reflash would benefit you, but not much. and personally i wouldnt do it. id mod it to make it look good

very true
Euro is too heavy indeed but somehow power is not mean it is a good track car. Euro has 120kw with some bolt on is not too bad on track. Maybe it is because the track i went usually using 2-3 gears most of the time which I think power is quite useless unless u drag it or whatever.

EuroAccord13
29-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Stephen8512, don't worry I won't call u a "veteran"... Long way mate :D

Modifying car is all about passion and how much dosh dosh you have :D - LIKE STEPHEN said "EACH TO THEIR OWN!!!!"

stephen8512
29-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Stephen8512, don't worry I won't call u a "veteran"... Long way mate :D

Modifying car is all about passion and how much dosh dosh you have :D - LIKE STEPHEN said "EACH TO THEIR OWN!!!!"

hahahaha yeah exactly. veteran as far as modding euro is concerned :D LOL!
sad fact is though, not everyone has that much dosh dosh, so ur always looking for best bang for buck in terms of mods.

each to their own. do what u want with ur cars. but just letting u know my personal side of things and how i felt. thats all
hey if u wana get the hondata, then go for it i say. get it and give feedback and THEN i guess we can truly say whether this is a worthy mod or not

EuroAccord13
29-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeap! I'm poor and hence DIY FTW! hahahahah.....

True to the word, BFYB... I don't have a money tree in my backyard to pluck money from LOL!

tron07
30-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Euro is not meant to be a track car to begin with..... if you want to make a cheap luxury cruiser/family car a track car, you are prone to be spending a lot much more compare to making a track car with a sport/performance car

Suntzu
30-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Im not after a track car at all. Thats why I have a 125cc racing Kart.

Im after that extra 15% that the Euro needs to go from Good to a FKING great daily driver! FTW Yi Ha me hearties!

tony1234
30-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Im not after a track car at all. Thats why I have a 125cc racing Kart.

Im after that extra 15% that the Euro needs to go from Good to a FKING great daily driver! FTW Yi Ha me hearties!

Yep,that's what i want too.:p

tron07
30-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Shit... I think its great car already...maybe cause I always stuck on Paramata road with the 60kmh speed limit. :p

tony1234
30-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Shit... I think its great car already...maybe cause I always stuck on Paramata road with the 60kmh speed limit. :p
tron07.You should do the shocks + springs and get some 17s on yours.THEN you'll have a really great car!.:wave:

tron07
30-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Paramata road is bumpy.... then it will be worse

ZYL11A
03-04-2007, 02:15 PM
hey peter long time mate
hahaha who the fk knows when hondata will actually bring it out. they keep saying soon, soon, but eh. ive given up hope a long time ago. hahaha

Yeah tell me about it dude. We gotta catch up soon. Wanna take the legend out for its last cruise before I sell it. But in saying that im thinking of getting rid of the euro too.

Gibbo
04-04-2007, 09:15 PM
begining of April... Still nothing. Anyone know when yet ???

tony1234
05-04-2007, 07:27 AM
begining of April... Still nothing. Anyone know when yet ???
Nope.I've given up on it.I wish there was something else out there that we could install(reflash,piggyback whatever)but there doesn't appear to be.:thumbdwn:

BusterSonic12
05-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Nope.I've given up on it.I wish there was something else out there that we could install(reflash,piggyback whatever)but there doesn't appear to be.:thumbdwn:

really? u had so much hope :eek: wait for the k-pro lol or get your own I/H/E & install euro1 :thumbsup: or custom turbo :p

Unkie
05-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Hope this is not going to be a reflection of their aftermarket service and troubleshooting if anything goes wrong. If the reflash plays up, having to wait a year or so for a solution.

E-Gene
05-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, I do believe that these things take their time, why would they want to take their time just for the heck of it when they could be releasing it to make $$$? I'd rather they get it right when they release it then to release a faulty product early.

kitbkk
06-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Hope this is not going to be a reflection of their aftermarket service and troubleshooting if anything goes wrong. If the reflash plays up, having to wait a year or so for a solution.

lol thats quite true.
wat if we get the reflash and one day the car just doesnt seem to be working right, are we gonna have to wait for a few months?

sodaz
06-04-2007, 01:24 PM
lol thats quite true.
wat if we get the reflash and one day the car just doesnt seem to be working right, are we gonna have to wait for a few months?

That will be really messed up lol.

Gibbo
18-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Can someone (eg Peekay or James) give us something other than "soon, soon" ??? Seriously this is just no way to run a business.

Omotesando
18-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Why are you so impatient?
Its still only April of 2007.
I have a feeling its coming soon.
Its only been 2 to 4 years.

yfin
19-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Can someone (eg Peekay or James) give us something other than "soon, soon" ??? Seriously this is just no way to run a business.

But "soon, soon" is exactly what James is saying. He can't committ to an exact date until he has all the hardware which he is not manufacturing. That is my understanding anyway.

Gibbo
19-04-2007, 09:20 PM
from what i can gather the gear is all made and he is just waiting on delivery ??? - surely if it is at that late stage the handling should have been sorted. Someone is giving him the runaround - I do feel sorry for him because it is out of his control but that is not the point - if he wants his product out on the market, he should be jumping up and down to the courier or who ever is causing the delay - After all I still have my money - it is him who is incurring the loss which I'm sure he is eager to recoupe.

curik
20-04-2007, 12:25 AM
what we all can do is wait. We shouldn't make any assumptions, the release date is entirely up to him. However he must have understood something as well. That is if he releases it too late, and the new euro is out, people would leave the old euro and start modding the new one.

markasia
20-04-2007, 02:34 AM
Patient Is The Key!!

Gibbo
20-04-2007, 04:12 PM
spot on curik.

euro1986
23-04-2007, 08:31 PM
wOOt

this should b good

tony1234
26-04-2007, 10:20 PM
What's the latest?Has anyone heard anything???I'm so sick of waiting.:(

msnealo
26-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Should only be a week or two away lol :secret:

mr747
27-04-2007, 09:09 AM
not long now lol

Merlin086
27-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Hondata for a euro?.....yeh right
I used to believe in..

1.The tooth fairy
2.Santa
3.Easter bunny

Sorry to tell ya all but there not real either!!...apparently.

Although you never never know......

aaronng
27-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I used to believe in..

1.The tooth fairy
2.Santa
3.Easter bunny

I hope that was a joke. :)

tron07
27-04-2007, 05:59 PM
1.The tooth fairy
2.Santa
3.Easter bunny

They ARE real....

Right??? :p

Merlin086
27-04-2007, 06:00 PM
WHAT, r u saying the Easter bunny isn't real either.....

I'm just doing my best to keep from getting too anxious..

Well, ima newbie here but this thread has been going almost 2 yrs now............................................... .....

aaronng
27-04-2007, 06:05 PM
WHAT, r u saying the Easter bunny isn't real either.....

I'm just doing my best to keep from getting too anxious..

Well, ima newbie here but this thread has been going almost 2 yrs now............................................... .....

Yeah, they are taking too long... :(

sodaz
27-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I used to believe in..

1.The tooth fairy
2.Santa
3.Easter bunny

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

tony1234
27-04-2007, 09:43 PM
yeah,i've only been waiting for 10 mths.I pity others who have waiting years.

Merlin086
28-04-2007, 03:36 PM
The thing is that many of those who have been waiting years have already done a few engine mods ie..... I/E

However those who have purchased in the past 7 months since the Hondatech pre release have put off any mods as the package seems worth waiting for even though it has been "just around the corner" since early October 06.

Point is we're all hangin' out and hope it's as good as it sounds. I'm sure it will be. At least the interest is still here.

Confuscious say..............................
"Good things come to those who wait"

Peekay34
28-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I am limited by what I can say cause I am not sure I am suposed to but the last version of the exhaust/extractors are on their way back from the manufacturer. Provided they are ok (and everything else checks out) the Website for Jtune after some pics have been taken will be made available in the next month for any pre purchase..... Anymore than that well speak to James.

Merlin086
28-04-2007, 05:53 PM
My fingers are crossed :p :thumbsup: :eek: ;)

curik
28-04-2007, 05:59 PM
my steering rod is crossed

EGBenny
28-04-2007, 07:53 PM
why don't people just get kpro?

johnprocter
28-04-2007, 07:56 PM
whats kpro and howmuch link us :)

aaronng
28-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Because it doesn't work with the Euro's electronic throttle.

tron07
29-04-2007, 02:03 AM
I dont mind the wait.... wait a minute, I am not really interested anyway... I rather have Santa Clause bring me something nice this year... I think I had been rather good this year :p

Peekay34
29-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Because there is issues with the K-Pro on the Euro...

EGBenny
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
i have seen people using kpro when doing a k24a3(euro) engine swap, why can they use it fine? is there something you can do to make it work?

Cranial
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
As Aaron has said, the K-Pro doesn't work with the electronic throttle (DBW) of the K24 on the CL9. From what I know, you can change the throttle body to a standard wire-driven one (e.g. from a K20) to get it to work with the K-Pro. I think there's a K-Pro version coming "soon" that does support the CL9's DBW.

bigteethygrin
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
So hondata will now be able to control the euro drive by wire or does that still have to be removed??

BusterSonic12
04-05-2007, 09:18 PM
so mainly the only issue with the k24 is the drive by wire?? what are the advantages of the drive by wire? is it a good thing or not??

kitbkk
04-05-2007, 09:26 PM
i heard kpro can be used with our car but you will lose your cluster and other electronic stuff.

Merlin086
05-05-2007, 07:07 AM
My understanding is that the DBW throttle is more responsive and that the jtune reflash will retain the use of the DBW, hence the delays...........

tinkerbell
05-05-2007, 10:42 AM
i dont see why people dont convert to cable throttle bodies...

yfin
05-05-2007, 10:54 AM
i dont see why people dont convert to cable throttle bodies...

Instrumentation is kinda useful when driving. Hondata also reported that air conditioning and VSA stopped working when they converted to cable

tinkerbell
05-05-2007, 10:59 AM
can you run Duel ECU? i guess it is all pretty integrated though...

tinkerbell
05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
lol!

i just re-read the Hondatech.com website saga again, that is some funny/sad stuff... you poor Euro owners have been shafted hard...

ALN
05-05-2007, 01:22 PM
My understanding is that the DBW throttle is more responsive and that the jtune reflash will retain the use of the DBW, hence the delays...........

DBW is not more responsive than throttle cable. that's opposite. ALL the type R model are not DBW. Hondata use reflash for 03-05 above models because their K-pro can't run DBW. DBW purposes to be daily oriented vehicles, smooth running etc. On track, you'll lose time with DBW. I have seen in US skunk2 project TSX with K-pro lost the dash controls and features.

sodaz
05-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah i think so too. DBW makes the car more sluggish imo.

Merlin086
05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Description taken frm the Acura TSX site...

"By eliminating the direct throttle cable connection to the engine, the ratio between pedal movement and throttle butterfly movement can be continuously optimized. This adjustable "gain" between throttle and engine is a significant step forward in drivability.
To establish the current driving conditions, the system monitors pedal position, throttle position, vehicle speed, engine speed, calculated road slope and corner radius and engine vacuum. This information is then used to define the throttle control sensitivity."

So it is something that is probably not preferable if tracking, like traction control, however for daily driving might not be a bad thing.........

tony1234
05-05-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm sure DBW will improve with time.It's early days for this sort of technology.

aaronng
05-05-2007, 09:17 PM
In the US, the Civic Si gets an updated ECU software which improves the electronic throttle's response and reduces the lag. They also fixed the RPM hanging when you press the clutch and release the accelerator to change gears.

BusterSonic12
05-05-2007, 09:38 PM
In the US, the Civic Si gets an updated ECU software which improves the electronic throttle's response and reduces the lag. They also fixed the RPM hanging when you press the clutch and release the accelerator to change gears.

they need some development like that for our euro

tony1234
05-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I wonder if HA could do some sort of software upgrade for our Euros???

ALN
06-05-2007, 01:59 AM
The new FD2 is using dbw, hopefully on this type R is better version of dbw.

aaronng
06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I wonder if HA could do some sort of software upgrade for our Euros???

They could if they wanted. There were many complaints about it on the Si, that's why Honda USA issued updated ECU reflashes. New Hondata reflashes in the US also include this fix and fixes the problem. Not sure if J-tune also developed a similar type of fix for the Euro.

Type R Positive
07-05-2007, 04:13 AM
So still waiting???
Best be buying everything else then get reflash when released in 2010
if you guys still got the Honda.....

tony1234
07-05-2007, 07:41 AM
They could if they wanted. There were many complaints about it on the Si, that's why Honda USA issued updated ECU reflashes. New Hondata reflashes in the US also include this fix and fixes the problem. Not sure if J-tune also developed a similar type of fix for the Euro.
I think they(JTUNE)do.

tony1234
07-05-2007, 07:43 AM
So still waiting???
Best be buying everything else then get reflash when released in 2010
if you guys still got the Honda.....
Long time no hear!!What car do you have now,still Euro???

mr747
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
lol your funny

Bryce
08-05-2007, 11:42 AM
WHERE THE **** IS THE ****ING FLASH TUNE BRA

Bryce
08-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE **** IS IT

enkay
08-05-2007, 11:55 AM
WHERE THE **** IS THE ****ING FLASH TUNE BRA

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE **** IS IT

the flash tune ran away cos it was scared of u.

Suntzu
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
His nasty bold caps attack you mean? ;)

Seriously though. I have some money but cant chuck it an anyone. WTF wrong with this world when a man cant depart with his dough?

Bryce
08-05-2007, 12:12 PM
the flash tune ran away cos it was scared of u.

**** :(

sorry guys, i guess the 2+ year wait has been because of me

"come here flashy flashy flashy, come on"

Pumped
08-05-2007, 12:14 PM
You got a hall pass bra?

Bryce
08-05-2007, 12:18 PM
go with christ

yfin
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Please don't spam this thread continuously asking for updates or having a general winge about the lack of information. Yes, the product has been delayed for ages and information is scarce. Not ideal. But what is the point going on about it or spamming this forum? I am sure no one wants to release this product more than Hondata.

Once there is credible information to post up - it will be posted. Some attentive member will probably post up any info within a few hours of the official release.

Type R Positive
10-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Long time no hear!!What car do you have now,still Euro???
PM'd ya!

tony1234
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Spoke to James today.Pics will be posted on site late next week,group buy will start soon after,will run 3-4 weeks,reflash for 03-05 released at same time 06-07 another 3-4 mths.:thumbdwn: man.only no auto for 06-07 reflash(not sure re.03-05).James requires FULL payment up front!

Suntzu
10-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Hmm im a bit reluctant to sign up for a group buy with Zero actual user/owner feedback to rely on.....

tony1234
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Hmm im a bit reluctant to sign up for a group buy with Zero actual user/owner feedback to rely on.....

yeah,me too!Not sure what i'll do.Wait and see.

yfin
10-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Spoke to James today.Pics will be posted on site late next week,group buy will start soon after,will run 3-4 weeks,reflash for 03-05 released at same time 06-07 another 3-4 mths.:thumbdwn: man.only no auto for 06-07 reflash(not sure re.03-05).James requires FULL payment up front!

So realistically fitment will not be before 1 July 07... :(

I am pretty sure auto 03-05 is going to be released.

BusterSonic12
10-05-2007, 08:17 PM
So realistically fitment will not be before 1 July 07... :(

I am pretty sure auto 03-05 is going to be released.

no release for 06 auto?? NOOO
july.. prolly means sept

tony1234
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm sure James said NO 06-07 auto reflash.Can confirm if you like Leon.

BusterSonic12
10-05-2007, 08:47 PM

aaronng
10-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Hehe, I said they probably had 03-05 manual but not 06-07 auto yet.

Edit: I made a typo. I meant to say "06-07 manual" above instead of "06-07 auto"

BusterSonic12
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
that sucks

BiLL|z0r
11-05-2007, 07:23 AM
YAY for 05 auto.

Merlin086
16-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow.
An official announcement from Hondata at 5.04 am this morning......

Quote.............."soon"

I'm excited!...I think.....

mr747
16-05-2007, 11:20 AM
well about time

tinkerbell
16-05-2007, 11:24 AM
wow, just before the second anniversary of the comment:

Start selling your VAFC's ! :D as you most certainly don't need it !!

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=313&postcount=7

tron07
16-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Get a manual next time.... 6spd rawks.... though I seldom get a chance to put it in 6 :p

BusterSonic12
16-05-2007, 11:44 AM
that's just suck... i got a 06 auto =(

the ecu doesn't fit auto 06 right??

enkay
18-05-2007, 04:41 PM
read the hondatech site bois =D they went to meet up with the photographers and they said it should b ready as soon as the photos are done =P woot
clicky here for thread (http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=863&page=4)

E-Gene
19-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Will a Euro without the Jtune parts benefit from the Hondata reflash?

BusterSonic12
19-05-2007, 12:37 AM

i m guessing yes. for stage 1 and 2 tune

EuroAccord13
19-05-2007, 02:32 AM

I'm guessing James will be releasing a generic tune for non J-Tuned parts...

yfin
19-05-2007, 01:40 PM
i m guessing yes. for stage 1 and 2 tune

Apparently there is none of this "stage" business anymore.

Lets see the detail but I don't think I am buying this anymore. James is a good tuner and I am sure the product will do well but I don't feel it is for me.

sodaz
19-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I think so too. Even if they release it i probably won't buy it cause if anything goes wrong and they take this long to fix it then i'm screwed.

johnprocter
19-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah i also have swing'd ways with this product, it just doesn't seem like a very efficient business

yfin
19-05-2007, 06:21 PM
They want to make sure everything is 100% right and ready. I personally can't wait anymore but if you can and plan on ECU modifications this is a worthwhile option.

Sodaz - there are risks with every mod. You need to weigh it up in your own mind.

sodaz
19-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Sodaz - there are risks with every mod. You need to weigh it up in your own mind.

Indeed. I've installed quite a few mods on my car already and I know that quite well but with something as critical as the ECU I really would need some sort of guarantee before i make the decision.

tony1234
19-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah,i was going the whole package(IHE@reflash)I'm now thinking just the reflash.1k for approx.20 extra kw ATW sounds like good value to me.

yfin
20-05-2007, 12:14 AM
but with something as critical as the ECU I really would need some sort of guarantee before i make the decision.

You have higher expectations than me. A guarantee of no problems is asking too much. Without considerable distance and extreme hot and cold environment testing (which Honda would subject its vehicles before selling them) it is hard to predict with absolute certainty what can happen to the vehicle. That sort of testing is very costly.

BusterSonic12
20-05-2007, 01:36 AM
i just want stage 2 or something... ^^

tony1234
20-05-2007, 09:22 AM
The ECU can be taken back to stock after the reflash.So that and the fact that it is based on the Hondata reflash in the US which has been out for a few years i think it'd be reliable and should'nt give any problems.

yfin
20-05-2007, 10:05 AM
The ECU can be taken back to stock after the reflash

Are you sure about that?

tony1234
20-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Are you sure about that?
That's what James told me!It'd cost $200 to flash it back to stock.

yfin
20-05-2007, 11:15 AM
That's what James told me!It'd cost $200 to flash it back to stock.

Alright - i'll wait to see the details

johnprocter
20-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh so you can flash it back to stock? thts pretty good.. how much is it just for flashing of ECU not the intake exhaust etc...

EuroAccord13
20-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh so you can flash it back to stock? thts pretty good.. how much is it just for flashing of ECU not the intake exhaust etc...

You can't "flash" your intake or exhaust....

johnprocter
20-05-2007, 11:56 PM
lol i know i was talking about how they have the 3 packages which one of them includes their exhaust system and intake..

tony1234
21-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Approx.$1000.

Lukey13
21-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Approx.$1000.

You'd want to see some fairly strong gains for that sort of money...

I wonder if vtec point will be changed with Stage 1?

mr747
21-05-2007, 12:41 PM
i want this product

tony1234
21-05-2007, 04:00 PM
You'd want to see some fairly strong gains for that sort of money...

I wonder if vtec point will be changed with Stage 1?
Approx.20kw ATW apparently.VTEC point will be changed(lower)to under 4000RPM i think.

BusterSonic12
21-05-2007, 04:20 PM
is there meant to be 4 stages to choose from?

tony1234
21-05-2007, 05:17 PM
is there meant to be 4 stages to choose from?
Not 4 stages anymore.Dont know wat theyre calling it now.

ALN
21-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Approx.20kw ATW apparently.VTEC point will be changed(lower)to under 4000RPM i think.

I think that gains made on vtec engagement point but top final gains won't be that much.

Lukey13
21-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I think that gains made on vtec engagement point but top final gains won't be that much.

20kw atw sounds pretty decent to me. Even better if gains are at the midrange rather than the top-end.

I'm planning on going for Stage 1 and upgrading the intake to either Hondata or Comptech Icebox (I still want it quiet). The exhaust and headers upgrade are a little tempting, but I just know that there's going to be a significant noise gain. And whilst I liked the sound of a 3" exhaust on my last car, I'm loving the stealth sound of the Euro.

ALN
21-05-2007, 10:29 PM
20kw atw sounds pretty decent to me. Even better if gains are at the midrange rather than the top-end.

I'm planning on going for Stage 1 and upgrading the intake to either Hondata or Comptech Icebox (I still want it quiet). The exhaust and headers upgrade are a little tempting, but I just know that there's going to be a significant noise gain. And whilst I liked the sound of a 3" exhaust on my last car, I'm loving the stealth sound of the Euro.

The maximum kw would not be gained by alot even there is improvement on vtec engagement. There are alot japs cat back that don't make alot of noise as long as you're not changing your CAT.

Lukey13
22-05-2007, 06:47 AM
The maximum kw would not be gained by alot even there is improvement on vtec engagement. There are alot japs cat back that don't make alot of noise as long as you're not changing your CAT.

?? Do you mean that there are a lot of Japanese cat-back exhaust systems for the Euro that are quiet?

I believe the Hondata exhaust system comes with a high-flow cat standard. And if the video is anything to go by, the exhaust does sound loud. But that's ok. I'm sure heaps of people won't mind that. I'll just stick to the stealth sound

tony1234
22-05-2007, 07:08 AM

I'm thinking the same way.I was going to get the lot,IHE+reflash but i like how quiet the Euro is so i think i'll go for just the reflash.

ALN
22-05-2007, 01:36 PM
?? Do you mean that there are a lot of Japanese cat-back exhaust systems for the Euro that are quiet?

I believe the Hondata exhaust system comes with a high-flow cat standard. And if the video is anything to go by, the exhaust does sound loud. But that's ok. I'm sure heaps of people won't mind that. I'll just stick to the stealth sound

A lot of reputable japs brands are quiet. I'm using Fujitsubo and it is quiet ,and I have few friends using Tanabe as well which is also quiet. Well in all situation, once you replace your cat you suppose to notice significant increase in noise.

mr747
22-05-2007, 02:26 PM
wonder who is going to install this in syd

E-Gene
22-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, my Fujitsubo is pretty quiet and I'm really happy with it. Definitely looking forward to the reflash.

Wonder if the Jtune Headers will fit with the Fujitsubo?