Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    lets define "shitloads". . . ?

Def: A huge quantity of fecal matter piled high in a container or vessel.
    When the said vessel is full, a metric shitload has been achieved.
    To clearly define the volume of a metric shitload, one would have to study the dimensions of the said vessel & specific gravity of fecal matter used.

How one would actually use this as currency is beyond me.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

^^^
    No shit...
    MFactory Competition Products

Account Disabled Array
    Just do a 2.0l bottom end

Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    ooft.. that ones debatable... did you mean just the FD or the entire lot?

best to get all done though to have the power bands all synched....

I just realised Camshaft mods are very underrated by most in the Honda community... i also noticed that a lot of people here chase the big duration cams for like 100rpm of dyno queen peak numbers at the top.

If it were me I would do low-mid or mid range powerband cams along with either thinner gasket or flat top valves or both + cam gears to tune for overlap and then get an over-all tune for low-mid or mid-high power.

Cams/gears/gasket or valves is under $1k since ECU+tune is already factored in with the I/H/E i'd just get it all tuned at once which is the plan.

***EDIT***
    i'm saying under $1k coz thats budgeting for OBX Stage 1 or 2 which are billet chromoly copies of Skunk2 1/2

I agree with the post above mine but you can have all 3.. just gotta know where to look....
    gearset meaning the lot, but they dont wanna spend $1.....and agree with your post (power band low/mid) .
    Last edited by jdmTYPE R; 02-01-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    lol... this thread is pointless in a Honda forum...

people chasing torque are driving the wrong cars methings....
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Hate to harp on about Joe's car but the Hi-Comp Civic is the perfect example of what this thread is about. Lightened EG Civic H22A that only has ported and shaved head. Standard headers with 2.5" exhaust and CAI. Aftermarket computer with tune makes 130kw at the wheels and runs 11.9 @113mph. FD ratio is 4.7 and is one of the best improvements the car got. Despite what people are saying gearing is vital for 1/4 mile performance.

If your on a really tight budget I'd go lightened flywheel and FD change to a lower ratio. This will make a big difference to the feel of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy rooster View Post
    ...Despite what people are saying gearing is vital for 1/4 mile performance.

If your on a really tight budget I'd go lightened flywheel and FD change to a lower ratio. This will make a big difference to the feel of the car.

be careful , you might get negative repped for talk like that i know because i got it for saying the same thing go figure
    It is true tho , take a car and put I/H/E and a tuneable ECU on it. You will hardly go faster. But change the FD or gearset and there will definitley be an improvement

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    you hafta get an american muscle car for torque.
    so much torque it twists the chassis.

at the end of the day depends what you want, you want more power or you want to utilise what you got.
    IMO lower FD/gearset>ECU+tune
    utlimately you want both. so everyone is right,
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    yea there is no cheap solution 2 gaining power when u got a honda u do it for the love not for the budget ur under
    EG RiceBall #2

want more torque get it tuned its worth it
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

i'm on the strippin it out bandwagon, before my conversion i had full interior plus a huge stereo system, now it's all gone and there's a huge difference! better round corners too!
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    exposed bare metal FTL. that shit isnt street legal why would you do this.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL