Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M

New 06 owner with a cpl of ??

Hi ppl,

Just picked up a new 06 Luxury and a few things have me curious.

* The sunroof won't close after the ignition is turned off, despite the manual stating that both the windows and the sunroof can be closed after the ignition is turned off for 10 minutes as long as a door has not been opened.

Anyone else find this function doesn't work?

*The sales brochure states that the euro's front seats can be "programmed" to mold to your body shape.
    As there is no memory for the seat positions as I had assumed there would be, what part of the seat adjustment is programmable (i.e. a series of events controlled by a computer) or do they really mean that the seats can be "adjusted".

Bit of a "sore" point with me as after a busted hip and pelvis from writing off my CBR600, I didn't want to have to fine every time tune after my wife plays with the seat settings.

Damn it, even the TSX has seat memory.!!
    Are we 2nd class citizens or something.......lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 09 Luxury Navi
    Hey there Merlin086 - the Euro never had any memory programmable seats - the manual's generic anyways so only the TSX had them. But the TSX is competing against BMW where they're sold whereas the Euro is at a much lower pricepoint here.

So unfortunately you will need to readjust the seats everytime

As you probably know already our Euro here's got a lot of features cut out vs the TSX eg. the Bluetooth/MP3 capability among other things .....

Am not so sure about the sunroof but while I had my Euro I always needed to close the sunroof before I switch off the engine.

Interestingly - the Subaru Liberty 3.0R does have memory seats and other niceties such as 14 speakers Mcintosh MP3 Audio but they cost nearly $10k more than the Lux Euro!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    um... did u pull the key out from the ignition?
    i think u have to take out the key to enable u to wind up the windows before you open the door?!
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Euro 2006 Luxury Sat Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by jamchen View Post
    um... did u pull the key out from the ignition?
    i think u have to take out the key to enable u to wind up the windows before you open the door?!
    I also have had the sunroof issue, it's a real frustration, haven't tried this "taking the key out before opening the door" I'll give it a go and report back.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeuro View Post
    I also have had the sunroof issue, it's a real frustration, haven't tried this "taking the key out before opening the door" I'll give it a go and report back.
    So will i!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    You can buy aftermarket modules to get the auto close feature:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55147

or maybe even rig up this auto window wind up module to the sunroof:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44444
    .© ♪

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    as far as I know, our (read: OZ delivered) euro only have the window close feature after ignition is switched off, but not the sunroof.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Key half turned off, fully turned off, taken out, nothing works....despite the manual stating that the sunroof has the same delay function as the windows.

Primetimex.....
    I said the sales brochure,( for the honda accord euro) not the manual states that the seats can be programmed,and the sales brochure is not generic.

Also the 6 speed manual TSX has a list price of US$28,090
    which equates to AU37,453, or about AU$3,000 LESS than we pay (@ exchange rate of 75c/US$.)

So they get a bargain in the US.............!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    i just checked and tried our euro and you were right, the sun roof can't be closed with power off...
    but i dun think the euro ever come standard with memory seats! ...lol

The TSXs are made in US (or Canada?) so they minimised the transport cost..(where compare we got our euro from Japan). and if you think US gets a bargain, bear in mind that the direct competitor to the TSX is the BMW 318, so bimmer buyers have been robbed more than us! :P
    The Acura MDX are sold in US for around 60,000 AUD.. and we paid more than 73,000 on road here...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    TSX (or our Euro) are made in Japan. I think it has to do with the tax structure that we get more expensive car here compared to US (and this is not just honda)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Primetimex.....
    I said the sales brochure,( for the honda accord euro) not the manual states that the seats can be programmed,and the sales brochure is not generic.
    It says that the seats can be programmed. In other words adjusted. Doesn't mean that the seats have position memory.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Sorry to have to correct you but adjusted and programmed have 2 different meanings, programmable relates to computers and control of a series of events.
    If you have a dictionary look it up, and then lend it to the Honda Advertisng Dept.