Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy View Post
    aza did your y8 have a gearbox, drive shafts, ecu and all the rest it didnt even come with the manifold for $370 and how mutch would you pay now for the right one
    Back in the day i bought a spare Y1 with box for $300. Straight from the engine bay of a b-series swap. I installed and turbo'd the motor in a friends car and raped the original own's newly swapped hatch... lifes a bitch, huh.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    - shit man you must have some big scales !
    I weigh my car at every event i go to on racing scales.. (motorkhana)

- Time is money its a fact
    Does your car have an ABN and pay tax and collect gst or somethin??

i do know what you mean but your terminology... you make it sound like Engine A vs Engine A + turbo .... not the case... This is Engine A vs Engine B + Turbo....
    They're both still 1.6 litre engines.

thats all bro i know you mean well
    cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Weq View Post
    Dyno figures dont lie. I spent 3k on my first turbo-d setup, and it munched every single b/h/k that ever got in its way. Im talking street racing in a full interor car. Not a stripped out track car.

Stock d-series will run 100-103mph in full interior, bolt-on. But with 20x the torque of ur weaksauce b-series.
    then your engines gonna go BLOW BLOW BLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

nah wrong mate.... thats complete off... its BUDGET vs BUDGET... not Dseries Turbo + Bseries + mods blahblahblah

the whole reason why there is such a classic argument with the turbo D vs B16 is because they are within the same budget ! Bolt on Turbo kit D vs Stock B16 (Not B16 with I/H/E)
    ok budget vs budget then.

stock car with b16 vs stock car with d16.

Give each person 3 or 4 grand to spend and see who can make the most out of it...

D16 person buys turbo kit and b16 person buys turbo kit.

B16 guy whoops d16 guys ass and they've both spent the same amount of money.

If you wanna compare budgets go to financial aid. We're comparing engines & performance man.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    How can you compare this? Your pouring in at least 5k for a complete turbo setup tune and all. Put this amount of moeny towards a b16a gen 2 crx and see how it goes.
    My first turbo setup was 3k. Tuned to 11psi.

A friend on this board who is going to remain anonymous cause he likes beating JDM ricers, has almost completed a similiar setup. 4years on, the forumula still applys. Just gotta be smart.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    then your engines gonna go BLOW BLOW BLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    blow-off?

I raped the shit out of my original setup. 40,000km's in one year. Just general serivcings. Never skipped a beat.

Sexc86 shouldnt even talk, he's got the most riced up car in the world. his turbo makes him slower cus it adds more weight....everyones talking about how they can win rolling blah blha WHO CARESS do u go to the drag strip and ask for a rolling start? i dont think so....any engine has some kind of potential.....but dont talk the D series up.....it aint that great...

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    How can you compare this? Your pouring in at least 5k for a complete turbo setup tune and all. Put this amount of moeny towards a b16a gen 2 crx and see how it goes.

incorrect! your budget for the turbo setup is too high IMO! Also i apologies wrong terminology....

need to compare 2 STOCK gen 2 crx's both with d16a8... Path A owner swaps out and converts with a Bseries.... Path B Owner spens the same amount of money on a turbo conversion.. hence more power and faster car...

however you are correct if someone with a bseries SIR were to spend the same amount of money as a turbo conversion cost on a D16a8 it would be in the clear by far..

but we ahve allready covered this earlier.... if you have a Bseries we are not saying swap it out for the D.. we are saying if you have a Dseries dont swap it out for a B over a turbo conversion... as its less value
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    The reason i blew engines was because of dodgy engine builders. Im not going to name names though.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    lol weq your a man of mystery

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sexc86
    - Time is money its a fact
    Does your car have an ABN and pay tax and collect gst or somethin??

Doesnt matter it applys to everyone.. called life

Quote:
    i do know what you mean but your terminology... you make it sound like Engine A vs Engine A + turbo .... not the case... This is Engine A vs Engine B + Turbo....

They're both still 1.6 litre engines.

with different specs & power outputs

Quote:
    thats all bro i know you mean well

cute. hahaa

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote:
    nah wrong mate.... thats complete off... its BUDGET vs BUDGET... not Dseries Turbo + Bseries + mods blahblahblah

the whole reason why there is such a classic argument with the turbo D vs B16 is because they are within the same budget ! Bolt on Turbo kit D vs Stock B16 (Not B16 with I/H/E)

ok budget vs budget then.
    stock car with b16 vs stock car with d16.
    Give each person 3 or 4 grand to spend and see who can make the most out of it...D16 person buys turbo kit and b16 person buys turbo kit.

B16 guy whoops d16 guys ass and they've both spent the same amount of money.
    If you wanna compare budgets go to financial aid. We're comparing engines & performance man.

apologies bad terminology - read post #224