Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Why is everyone haters of torsion beam??

I have a Peugeot 405 MI16 and Clio sport cup both with torsion bars. I also had a 1997 DC2 VTIR and it's handling capabilities weren't even comparable to my other cars. In fact I haven't driven any honda that feels as controlable, stable or good as my two cars with torsion beam rear end.

I think Honda my have learned something from the French nuts at Renault
    No one is a hater of torsion beam, just the one on the FN2

In fact that fifthgear raced the EP3 and FN2 and the nugget got whipped!

And thats the model it replaced. To make it worse, they raced the FD2R and it too beat the nugget again!

I personally like the FN2R. Its got good looks and is relatively fast. Its good for what itis made for. Lets face it, how many people here actually go to the track where maximum handling is utilised?? and street racing is BAD!....mmmmmkay!

Anyway, my vote is DC5, but for some people having a new car is important for various reasons like leases etc......then your forgiven for buying the nugget

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I feel sorry for all the people that went all gun Hoe with the new CTR and bought one. It more gimic than any honda ive seen.
    If only we got the FD2R here
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Its not gimmick from, its staying with the competition! Think about it the buyers for these cars, I bet the target for these car were professionals aged between 25-40. If they made an outright sports car with heavy suspension, less body deadening etc...no one would buy these cars!

Unfortunately the day has come where having lots of goodies and lots of airbags have come and due to competition Honda has to meet the car markets expectations.

Has anyone here driven a Golf GTI and seen how dood it is. Its sporty without a harsh ride, its fast and it has everything inside the cabin. Im sorry, FN2 still doesnt compare at the same price. Reason why the FN2 sells is due to it just having enough goodies and the brand.

No one can deny that the FD2R is a good car! But from a marketing POV, the FN2R has more appeal across the board. Believe it or not all you diehard FD fans, alot of people I've met think that the FD shape is ugly.

my 2c

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    CTR = Torson Beam Rear End!!!!!!!
    PLUS NO LSD
    I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THAT
    freakins noobs !!! LOL

DC5R is the WINNER!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    Mate
    In all Honesty EP3 > FN2 (aka Fat Nugget 2)
    and AU DC5S > AU DC5R
    In all Honesty??
    K-Series sQuadron
    NA Squad

im not a fan of either car, but dc5r > fn2r.

its a lot lighter and has the same power, also looks way better...

plus the brake and throttle pedals on fn2r are too close to each other making it difficult or impossible for people with big feet to heeltoe.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by <4n'D> View Post
    im not a fan of either car, but dc5r > fn2r.

its a lot lighter and has the same power, also looks way better...

plus the brake and throttle pedals on fn2r are too close to each other making it difficult or impossible for people with big feet to heeltoe.
    What about when compared to your DC2R? I found that I couldn't even move my right leg in a DC2R because the steering column was blocking it. Much more space in both the DC5R and FN2R for me to maneuver my foot around though.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    What about when compared to your DC2R? I found that I couldn't even move my right leg in a DC2R because the steering column was blocking it. Much more space in both the DC5R and FN2R for me to maneuver my foot around though.
    yeah i had that problem too... but found out it was because of my shoes.

i buy shoes of varying sizes actually, and the size 13 superstars gave me more space than some size 11 pumas for some reason. i couldnt even move the base of my foot to the throttle in the pumas, but it was no problem with the adidas shoes. i think it all depends how fat the shoe is from the base of the foot; the fatter or wider, the harder it is (and more it rubs.)

fn2r is impossible for me because the pedals are bunched way too closely... although i guess its less of a problem when going at higher speeds and braking harder.
    Last edited by <4n'D>; 28-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 white integra type r
    Hi... I read through this thread, and i'm going... Both cars are marketed and made towards different markets.

I own a DC5R but before that i drove a CTR from john blair for 2 weeks... i was lucki, a mate worked there at the time.. anyways when i drove the CTR. it maybe had more power stock, but it didn't feel like a sporty hatchup. It felt alot more cruisy and no where near as sporty as the stock DC5R. I gotta say i don't like the look of the new civic type r.. but the interior is really trippy. I like it :P

My DC5R is alot more of a drivers car, where the CTR is really grown up.. It has more space at the back and i geuss a little bit more practical to drive daily...

but yeah DC5R is much better in performance and price.. you have to be crazy to buy a hatchback thats 45k with no LSD and independent rear suspension replace from the better macphersons that were on the EP3R.

Also if you ever seen the inside hood of the new CTR... how can you do mods... no space at all... :P
    pitch black, you dunno where you are... don't even think about overtaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes_DC5R View Post
    Hi... I read through this thread, and i'm going... Both cars are marketed and made towards different markets.

I own a DC5R but before that i drove a CTR from john blair for 2 weeks... i was lucki, a mate worked there at the time.. anyways when i drove the CTR. it maybe had more power stock, but it didn't feel like a sporty hatchup. It felt alot more cruisy and no where near as sporty as the stock DC5R. I gotta say i don't like the look of the new civic type r.. but the interior is really trippy. I like it :P

My DC5R is alot more of a drivers car, where the CTR is really grown up.. It has more space at the back and i geuss a little bit more practical to drive daily...

but yeah DC5R is much better in performance and price.. you have to be crazy to buy a hatchback thats 45k with no LSD and independent rear suspension replace from the better macphersons that were on the EP3R.

Also if you ever seen the inside hood of the new CTR... how can you do mods... no space at all... :P

TOP INFO MATE!!! thats what i was after

I may be well off the mark here as the Teg DC5R has 218bhp whereas the civic FN2R has only 198bhp,ive driven both cars, and Im actually running about in a Championship white DC5 type R just now and performance an build quality the JDM teg wins hands down,Interior it goes to the FN2.There have been comparison tests of the FN2 against the EP3 and the EP3 won

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian FD2R View Post
    I may be well off the mark here as the Teg DC5R has 218bhp whereas the civic FN2R has only 198bhp,ive driven both cars, and Im actually running about in a Championship white DC5 type R just now and performance an build quality the JDM teg wins hands down,Interior it goes to the FN2.There have been comparison tests of the FN2 against the EP3 and the EP3 won
    You're not from Australia, are you? Our DC5R isn't spec'd like the JDM version.