Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    this fills a void that was forming in my mind.
    I've got thousands of those, and more as I get older...

If the wear was bigger you could glue/weld a bit of metal on there.

If you use shim stock the metal can be very very thin. I really don't know how practical or not such a 'repair' might be without seeing the metal bits.

Maybe you could just give the aluminum part on the TB (that holds the accelerator cable) a little tweak with some pliers.Just 'bend' it ever so slightly?
    Risky, you don't know how ductile (or not) the casting is. It may break if you attempt to bend it. I would expect the alloy chosen for the TB is most likely selected for ease of machining (and minimal heat expansion?) more than strength, and such alloys tend to be less ductile, i.e. more brittle...

I'll check my accelerator cable for some adjustment 'tab'
    I was meaning a 'tab' of some sort on the cable 'pulley thingy' that the cable wraps around at the TB. If it exists it will be right where the 'pulley thingy' contacts the TB casting, i.e. it will be the bit that contacts the TB casting.

I realise now I need to include adjustment of the accelerator cable in the DIY cause if there's slack there it sucks
    Throttle cables should be adjusted to have just a little bit of free play at CT, but at WOT there should be no significant load on the cable nor on the TB WOT stop, i.e. some part of the pedal should hit a stop (under the pedal pad or at the top near where the cable is attached) just as the TB WOT stop is contacted.
    Last edited by JohnL; 04-10-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Found the TS screw John!

Updated DIY: Tps thread!!

Thanks mate!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Here's where it contacts at WOT:

But adjusting the screw will allow you to adjust the Tps correctly,so nothing needed here right?

Deleted due to incorrect information.
    Last edited by JohnL; 07-10-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    At WOT? Does this mean that the CT position has no adjustable TS screw? The Accord's f22A TB has an adjustable screw TS for the CT, but not for the WOT TS (which is steel contacting the alloy of the TB casting with no adjustment).
    Yes it does,I just didn't post the pics here,only in the Tps thread...

• If the WOT voltage is off spec then this should be adjusted with the TS screw.
    • If the CT voltage is off spec then this should be adjusted by loosening and rotating the TPS until the CT is in spec, then if necessary the WOT adjusted using the TS screw.
    OK,say you have 0.48V CT and 4.33V WOT you would need to wind the TS screw up to throttle cable plate,bringing the CT voltage up,to say 0.65 (being the 0.17 that WOT is lacking).That should make WOT 4.5V.Then move the Tps to get the correct Voltages on both CT and WOT?

This is exactly my thing atm.See,I can get 4.5V if I put my foot through the floor but it's not correct.It needs calibrating.I was doing this,this morning but ran out of time before work...

I have the day off tomorrow and will attack it then.

If I wind the TS screw out the throttle cable plate dosen't hit it,so it has no effect on it.So I WILL have to wind the TS screw up as stated above?
    Last edited by beeza; 07-10-2009 at 10:30 AM.

beeza,
    The CT TS pictured in your post #53 is the same as my Accord, so your TB does have an adjustable CT TS. The TS pictured in your post #51 is for WOT, and is NOT adjustable?

If your WOT TS is not adjustable then ignore what I said in my post #52, it is incorrect.

If your WOT TS is adjustable, then all TPS voltage adjustments (WOT and CT) can be made using the WOT TS and the CT TS, negating any need to rotate the TPS itself.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The WOT is not adjustable,it's just a metal plate it hits.

Then what I said in my post #46 is relevent to your TPS and TB. Ignore my post #56.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    If only the WOT voltage is off spec, then the TPS itself needs to be rotated to bring the WOT voltage back into spec, and the CT voltage must then be re-adjusted using the TS.

I will report back on Friday mate,Legend!

P.S. It can get damn confusing aye

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Oh btw,you are bloody right about that TS being a biatch to get too!!

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    dude i think yous need to like discover msn messenger lol jkss

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    dude i think yous need to like discover msn messenger lol jkss
    I think we've covered it all now....