Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Agreed with everything tbm has said.

Also, with the pen light thingo, it's easy to use for finding power wires and what not. You attach the clip to a ground point, such as a bolt attached to the body (or the body itself) and then poke wires with the pen. If it lights up, there is a circuit, so that wire is live. It's good for finding main power, acc power, illumination wire. Just find the one with power when the car is off, then find the one when the car is on acc, but turns off when acc is turned off, then find the one that turns on and off with lights.
    But not helpful for speakers. A double a battery and tape and wires is though. attach some wire to each end of a bettery, tape it together, and you can find out which wires go to which speaker. The battery will make the speakers emit a popping noise. Not 100% sure if it's bad for them, so don't do it for long. Very handy for finding which cables go to fronts and which go to backs and what not.

But yeah, tbm is on the money for everything
    Nice one drifter i forgot about the battery test, that doesnt tell you which is pos and which is neg tho does it? also id probably do it with the stock speakers if i was to do it, just to be safe.

with the test light he could still use it to determine which wire was which but he said his was missing the cable on the pen so i didnt go into it further. If you ground the test light and wrap the pos then neg wire onto the 12V constant then you can test which of the 4 cables are running to the headunit. that requires him to undo some of his harness tho so multi meter is better as you dont have to unhook wires to test.
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    TbM for ICE moderator

Lol wut
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I've purchased a volt meter today. I did what tbM has told me (it produced something like 0.02 volts set on 20V for the MM)
    The others produced 0
    So I got the two wires that produced 0.02 and solder it onto the speakers

I've pretty much wired everything and the amp is mounted on the back seat.

ISSUE:
    - When the engine is running, I hear funny sounds like a subwoofer when nothing is playing (volume set to 0).
    - When the engine is off. It works perfectly with the car (volume set to 0 and no funny sounds).
    - The sound adjusted to the accelerator

Edit: Provided a better description
    Last edited by Honda; 20-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Yeah, battery test doesn't really help tell which is pos and which is neg, but usually they are marked (usually...).

That's weird... I don't think I've ever encountered LOW frequency interference/ noise... Could be a grounding issue, perhaps?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I also notice that when I press the accelerator, the sound adjusts to the amount of accelerator I put in. This is very strange~

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Could be a grounding issue, perhaps?
    My ground is very solid to the body of the car. It had a metal bolt touching it on the top (seat screws) but I think that's ok

this is so frustrating...

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    did you remove the paint under the ground? is your amp chassis isolated from the car chassis? which side did you run the rca's and power wire?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Helloooo everyone! I'm so happy at the moment. 5 days of hard work 7am to 5pm all day everyday to install this system. Just came from a pumping cruise (oh yeaaah)

I want to say a very special thanks to tbM for putting up with me and all the work he had done in order to help me. I can't thank you enough.

The source of the sound was comming from the left speaker. Probably one of the wires got caught on the speaker terminal or door (even though I duct tapped it) causing that WEIRD DDDDEERRRZZZZZWOOFDERWOOF sound. It seemed like the small shake from the engine running caused movement which made the sound enhanced.

Turning the amp was quite interesting. It was distorting at 1/4 way on the gain at 80%ish volume (with a very bass doof doof song that I had)

AND OH. MY .GOD. the quality is amazing, clear, and just wow! I think the speakers needs more pumping to be loosen up to it's new home Only negative thing I can say is that the treble is abit harsh at times but I don't mind it too much. My ears can adjust

I disconnected the back speakers because they were TOO loud compared to the front (because the gain for the front is set to not distort at ~80% level). I couldn't find rear adjustment on the HU.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    you can fade the sound to the front... pretty easy to do.
    but still, glad you're enjoying it. I can't wait to get my fronts done, but I need a new sub first... blew my type S today apparently >.>

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Helloooo everyone! I'm so happy at the moment. 5 days of hard work 7am to 5pm all day everyday to install this system. Just came from a pumping cruise (oh yeaaah)

I want to say a very special thanks to tbM for putting up with me and all the work he had done in order to help me. I can't thank you enough.

The source of the sound was comming from the left speaker. Probably one of the wires got caught on the speaker terminal or door (even though I duct tapped it) causing that WEIRD DDDDEERRRZZZZZWOOFDERWOOF sound. It seemed like the small shake from the engine running caused movement which made the sound enhanced.

Turning the amp was quite interesting. It was distorting at 1/4 way on the gain at 80%ish volume (with a very bass doof doof song that I had)

AND OH. MY .GOD. the quality is amazing, clear, and just wow! I think the speakers needs more pumping to be loosen up to it's new home Only negative thing I can say is that the treble is abit harsh at times but I don't mind it too much. My ears can adjust

I disconnected the back speakers because they were TOO loud compared to the front (because the gain for the front is set to not distort at ~80% level). I couldn't find rear adjustment on the HU.
    No worries, happy to help, good to see people diy'ing. Glad you got it all working now for the fun part that makes the work worthwhile, listening to beats knowing that you did the work yourself, Wynnyng.

whats ur headunit model number? might be able to tell you how to fix the treble.

I removed my back speakers, they are useless imo when you have a decently amp'ed front speakers
    you can fade the sound to the front... pretty easy to do.
    but still, glad you're enjoying it. I can't wait to get my fronts done, but I need a new sub first... blew my type S today apparently >.>
    Thats no good mun, how did you manage that?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    No worries, happy to help, good to see people diy'ing. Glad you got it all working now for the fun part that makes the work worthwhile, listening to beats knowing that you did the work yourself, Wynnyng.

whats ur headunit model number? might be able to tell you how to fix the treble.

I removed my back speakers, they are useless imo when you have a decently amp'ed front speakers
    Was going to come back and mention back speakers aren't really needed, haha. beat me to it ;D

Thats no good mun, how did you manage that?
    Had my type s on 1ohm, and pumping at a decent level... on non-bassy songs :> then put on bassy songs. Didn't like it very much xD Will probably use my sony xplod for now till I have money for another sub

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

My head unit is: Kenwood KDC-U449 Yeah I think I'll leave the back disconnected (but it will be good if they can be run on very very low treble and just have bass, if that's possible)

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Look what I found! Haha