Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GTI Pirelli
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    just flush it and see what happens. If it is minor, it might do the trick
    We haven't bought the car yet, it's the best example we've found a Jazz in the price range but the only problem is the shudder. I haven't driven any other Jazzs so I'm not sure if it's a problem with the CVT Jazz cars. I don't want to buy the car then only find the shudder gets much worse even after a transmission flush or even evolve to the point where the car needs a major gearbox rebuild/replacement

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Just change the fluid and see how you go. Mine just took 3 litres ( $75 ) of CVTF. You must be careful not to overfill. 3 litres puts the oil level between low and full on the dipstick after the fluid change, right where it is supposed to be. Minor shudder eradicated !!!!!!!!!!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    the flush is a temporary fix, in most cases if the shudder has been around for a while even after oil changes, then there is damage to the clutch.

honda doesnt seem to intent on fixing the issue, they rejected my claim of the shudder when it occured 2 yrs after purchase in 03. eventually we convinced them to ask honda AU to put forward a claim for us to replace it under an extended warranty, using evidence of flushes and oil changes to confirm that we had played by the book and it was still not working properly. Honda pretty much said no and refused the service.

so if thats an indication of how intent they are of fixxing it i would say get the manual

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Just change the fluid and see how you go. Mine just took 3 litres ( $75 ) of CVTF. You must be careful not to overfill. 3 litres puts the oil level between low and full on the dipstick after the fluid change, right where it is supposed to be. Minor shudder eradicated !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    the flush is a temporary fix, in most cases if the shudder has been around for a while even after oil changes, then there is damage to the clutch.
    I did the same for my old man's GD1 and it is fixed completely. That was months ago, all good

As you can see (knock on wood) it's not always temporary and doesn't always come back.

It almost seems like if you get flushin' early, it can be stopped in its tracks before major damage is done (at least in our 2 cases)

I told my old man I'll flush it every 20,000 or annually just to be sure there's no problems. Honda's service intervals are negligibly wrong and too long.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Hondas service intervals are negligibly wrong and too long.
    I reckon! I nearly spat out my coffee when I was reading through the recommended service intervals and work required in the log book!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006Z8..._d_detail?pd=1

Is this the oil I should be using?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    genuine honda cvt fluid is what you need

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    Well, isn't that it?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yes??

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    anyome know where the drain hole is for cvt transmission?
    Last edited by ouch; 07-06-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    yeah i would like to know as well. Put the jazz up on a ramp on the weekend to do the flush and for the life of me could not find it. Its not in the service manual and its not marked like the engine oil plug was.

So if anyone knows....that would be great as i would love to save myself 100 or so dollars in labour at the mechanics

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    i found out! its the big one that uses the socket wrench itself to open up. i forgot what size it is, but its either 3/8, 1/4 or 1/2 inch!