Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    yeah i would like to know as well. Put the jazz up on a ramp on the weekend to do the flush and for the life of me could not find it. Its not in the service manual and its not marked like the engine oil plug was.

So if anyone knows....that would be great as i would love to save myself 100 or so dollars in labour at the mechanics
    The drain plug is easily visible when you take off the passengers side wheel. It is square ratchet bit bolt. You refill it through the dipstick hole just use hose and funnel combo to refill. Extremely easy to do.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    lol had a suspicion that it was that bolt.....oh well didnt have the tool for it anyways, will have to put it on hold until i get one

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2004
    Hi Guys,

I got an old 2004 1.5 CVT Jazz last year. I didn't do much research and trusted the mechanic that looked after the car since the first owner purchased it.

Right after closing the deal, I noticed the vibration when taking off with the car in a up hill. It would do a little vibration. So, I took the car to a service and asked the mechanic to change the oil. The problem improved a little bit.

Now I noticed that the vibration has worsened and when I have the car full, it seems that the car loses power and does not respond quite well.

I noticed this problem is quite common, I would like to ask if you guys know a good and trustworthy place to take the car and/or the solution you guys have found and an idea of cost for fixing it.

Cheers and thank you in advance for that!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Take the car to a Honda dealer and have the CVT Flushed, alternatively you can have it drained and refilled but this wont remove all the gunk from the transmission.
    if the problem still persists straight away then that means damage has been done to the start clutch, and the only way to completely remove the shudder is to have the start clutch replaced ($1600 from honda from memory)

If the flush eliminates the problem then just have CVT fluid Drained every 10,000kms at the service, you can even drain it yourself and fill it up.
    and then a flush every 50,000 or so, but a flush needs to be done by honda since they have the machines.

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    Take the car to a Honda dealer and have the CVT Flushed, alternatively you can have it drained and refilled but this wont remove all the gunk from the transmission.
    if the problem still persists straight away then that means damage has been done to the start clutch, and the only way to completely remove the shudder is to have the start clutch replaced ($1600 from honda from memory)

If the flush eliminates the problem then just have CVT fluid Drained every 10,000kms at the service, you can even drain it yourself and fill it up.
    and then a flush every 50,000 or so, but a flush needs to be done by honda since they have the machines.

good luck
    I did as GU357 said and the shudder has disappeared completely. Total cost of the service at the Scotts Honda - Artarmon was $441.00. The transmission was flushed, oil replaced and that's it. Shudder gone, hopefully for good.

Before posting here, I took the car to these garage: http://www.hondaservicesydney.com.au. The dude there told me to trade the car in asap before it worsens or prepare to spend ~ $3500 in a new transmission.

Thanks for the advice GU357!

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    just a question guys,

i recently got a second hand honda jazz 07 from a toyota dealer,

i was just wondering if i would be able to get the cvt transmission fixed at honda for free ? or would i have to take it to the toyota dealer that i bought it off ?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by lyss View Post
    I did as GU357 said and the shudder has disappeared completely. Total cost of the service at the Scotts Honda - Artarmon was $441.00. The transmission was flushed, oil replaced and that's it. Shudder gone, hopefully for good.

Before posting here, I took the car to these garage: http://www.hondaservicesydney.com.au. The dude there told me to trade the car in asap before it worsens or prepare to spend ~ $3500 in a new transmission.

Cheers,
    beware as shudder can return.
    as the oil becomes more polluted the shudder will return, but just drain it and refill it every 20,000 of something and i think you should be ok.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    just a question guys,

i was just wondering if i would be able to get the cvt transmission fixed at honda for free ? or would i have to take it to the toyota dealer that i bought it off ?
    i doubt honda is gonna replace it for free.
    as they dont really recognise it as their mistake.
    We made an appeal to Honda Australia to have the Jazz gearbox/start clutched repaired under and extended warranty, since we had proof of flushes and drains in the past which had not solved the problem permanently it would keep coming back each 20,000kms (but only slightly).
    Still the melbourne office rejected it, so meh.

i think some guys said that they 07's had a 5yr extended warranty for the issue, but u will have to take it to Honda because its a Honda fault.
    Unless toyota offered some kind of warranty when you bought it off them.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by lyss View Post

Cheers,
    It may well come back, beware.

I changed the fluid on my old man's car myself (cost only the price of the fluid, even a monkey could do it, dunno what u paid 440 for) and it has gotten rid of the problem and that was over a year ago (knock on wood). Note that his shudder was extremely minor though.

IMHO I would sell the car and buy a manual or regular auto one (not trade in, as u will get peanuts), otherwise you are risking a very big bill and the prospect of owning an unsellable car.

Maybe that's a bit extreme, but you have been warned.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI auto
    stylzjhn: It's best to change the auto fluid at 40k or 2 years. The manual is wrong when it says 80k. Also, if the battery goes flat, keep the power up during the change over, either by jumper leads (less reliable, they can slip) or another battery linked into the battery leads or a power pack plugged into the cigar lighter, remember KEY ON. This keeps the power up to the computer system that sets the clutch and change ranges. If you don't do this and power is lost to the auto computer, take it to a dealer and have it reset immediately. ($60) Not worth the risk if you think it's O.K. They will happily charge you $2,000 plus to fix!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    If it's had shudder, I recommend every year or 20,000km just to be safe, but im anal

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    just a question guys,

As far as I know if you purchase a car from a LMCT there is a 3 month statutory warranty. If there are any faults found with the car they are required to fix it regardless of the make.

Proof to backup claim > http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/motor...car/warranties

Alternatively, if you are lucky enough, there may be extended warranty taken out on the Jazz when it was purchased originally, which it may still be valid. Then you could contact Honda Australia warranties to try and see if they would honour it.

However IMO go back to the dealership and get them to fix it as they are oblidged to.