Page 1193 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1936931093114311831190119111921193119411951196120312431293 ... LastLast
Results 14,305 to 14,316 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    Anyone know the order to bleed brakes on the EP3, also how much fluid would I need to get altogether including a clutch fluid flush?

Also, anyone know where I can find replacement side bolsters for the ep3 recaro seats? I can only find ones for the EK9, DC5 and 1st gen accord type r. I think we have the same seats as the CL1 Euro R?
    Stay from front driver side and then go front passenger side, rear driver side and then rear passenger side.

1.5L should be plenty.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    ^theres a guy selling ep3 drivers side recaro on one of the 3 main forums if that helps. ill link you if i can find it.
    Just need the side thigh bolster foam not the whole seat lol I think i've found capitalseating,com selling bolsters for the Accord Euro R, and from my understanding all the Accord Type R use the same seats as the ep3, only in black.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    Stay from front driver side and then go front passenger side, rear driver side and then rear passenger side.

1.5L should be plenty.
    I think thats what the service manual says, but i've also heard so many other ways like RR-RL-FL-FR (furthest from the master cylinder) or RR-FL-LR-FR (apprently a honda way of bleeding brakes?).
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Just need the side thigh bolster foam not the whole seat lol I think i've found capitalseating,com selling bolsters for the Accord Euro R, and from my understanding all the Accord Type R use the same seats as the ep3, only in black.

I think thats what the service manual says, but i've also heard so many other ways like RR-RL-FL-FR (furthest from the master cylinder) or RR-FL-LR-FR (apprently a honda way of bleeding brakes?).
    That is correct about the seat =)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I've bled my brakes numerous times that way with no issues.

I know we also share the same front seats as the Evo 6.5 as well lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    What kind of brake/clutch fluid temps would I see in daily driving with a few occasional spirited drives?

Reason I ask is cause motul rbf600 is like $35ish+ per 500ml! and has a dry boiling point of 312°C and a wet boiling point of 216°C. Car rarely ever sees the track, maybe like once or twice a year and most of the time they're just happy laps lol.
    Then theres also the Penrite super dot 4 with a dry boiling point of 275°C and wet boiling point of 183°C and I can get it at $8.50 per 500ml or even go their race brake fluid line for $25 each with a dry 310c and wet 198c boiling point.

Also, could i use different brand brake/clutch fluid for the clutch? I'm also gonna do a brake flush on the old camry with the penrite super dot 4 and might have some left over which i was thinking of using on the EP3 to flush the clutch fluid out and use some race fluid for the brakes? Would the clutch fluid ever see the same temps as the brake fluid in normal/spirited driving? /menoob when it comes to this stuff lol

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

What kind of brake/clutch fluid temps would I see in daily driving with a few occasional spirited drives?

Reason I ask is cause motul rbf600 is like $35ish+ per 500ml! and has a dry boiling point of 312°C and a wet boiling point of 216°C. Car rarely ever sees the track, maybe like once or twice a year and most of the time they're just happy laps lol.
    Then theres also the Penrite super dot 4 with a dry boiling point of 275°C and wet boiling point of 183°C and I can get it at $8.50 per 500ml or even go their race brake fluid line for $25 each with a dry 310c and wet 198c boiling point.

Also, could i use different brand brake/clutch fluid for the clutch? I'm also gonna do a brake flush on the old camry with the penrite super dot 4 and might have some left over which i was thinking of using on the EP3 to flush the clutch fluid out and use some race fluid for the brakes? Would the clutch fluid ever see the same temps as the brake fluid in normal/spirited driving? /menoob when it comes to this stuff lol
    when you go for a spirited drive do you drive at 10/10ths? tires squealing on the edge of traction through every corner.

i used to think they put similar kinds of physical demands on the car. but its so different. so i assume the temps would be no where near boiling point on a typical weekend back road run

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    when you go for a spirited drive do you drive at 10/10ths? tires squealing on the edge of traction through every corner.

i used to think they put similar kinds of physical demands on the car. but its so different. so i assume the temps would be no where near boiling point on a typical weekend back road run
    Well in this case, twisty roads or mountain drives that require alot of hard braking from high speeds.

Also, i just read that apparently 'super' dot 4 is essentially dot 5.1?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Just picked these up and exhaust should be arriving early next week and have booked in haks for Monday 10th to get everything done.

Well in this case, twisty roads or mountain drives that require alot of hard braking from high speeds.

Also, i just read that apparently 'super' dot 4 is essentially dot 5.1?
    i imagine you go pretty hard out then aye lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Just picked these up and exhaust should be arriving early next week and have booked in haks for Monday 10th to get everything done.

Nice!! looks like PLM headers from what i can tell from the bends?
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Unless you take the car to track, OEM dot4 should be sufficient.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
    Nice!! looks like PLM headers from what i can tell from the bends?
    Yeap, they are indeed.