Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast
    Does this problem occur with the 16 inch wheels/tyres on the standard EURO ???

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBLUE View Post
    Does this problem occur with the 16 inch wheels/tyres on the standard EURO ???
    As far as I know, only on the 17" Bridgestones on the Lux.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    I would probably go for the C-Drive myself. But I heard the A539 was a better tyre and that the C-Drive have a softer sidewall. But then again... I heard the A509 was better than the A539... and I 'really' liked A509 on my prelude when I had them.

QUOTE=tanalasta;980505]I decided a long time ago that if I wanted to replace my tyres, C-drives were the way to go. Good recommendations and balance between price and performance.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    I would probably go for the C-Drive myself. But I heard the A539 was a better tyre and that the C-Drive have a softer sidewall. But then again... I heard the A509 was better than the A539... and I 'really' liked A509 on my prelude when I had them.

QUOTE=tanalasta;980505]I decided a long time ago that if I wanted to replace my tyres, C-drives were the way to go. Good recommendations and balance between price and performance.
    [/QUOTE]
    A509 is an old tyre, a good tyre, but been out for years!
    Last edited by BIGBLUE; 20-11-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    i turned vsa off and planted it coming out of a driveway, got crazy wheel spin, i think the wheel was every so slightly on an angle after that, or maybe it was just my mind.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Use Yokohama Advan AD-07... if it ever gets to Australia.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport

Given no choice of tyre

Quote Originally Posted by euro77 View Post
    Use Yokohama Advan AD-07... if it ever gets to Australia.
    The Yoko Advan looks good ... however, I've been given no choice of tyre at this stage. They are going to put two new front tyres on ... Bridgestone Non-directional pattern, don't know exactly what tyre at the moment.
    Guess I'll get some time to test run it with the new front tyres and if this rectifies the issue all well and good ... not.

Will then push for the other three tyres.
    Last edited by cgspot; 21-11-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Sport

Saga Continues

Had the car in again today
    They put two new tyres on the front ... Bridgestone Potenza RE040's

rrrrrrr

I said I'll test it and see....

Drove off, all ok, then heh, it veers to the left .... stop, check the tyre pressure ....

Left Front 38psi and Right Front 39psi

I set them both back to 36psi....

Now .... it actually seems to be allright .... for now!

Gonna test it at speed and wait for another 1000-2000Klms before I pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by cgspot View Post
    Honda Australia replied to my complaint about the car pulling to the right.
    They have issued a service notice, which my local service centre got; it's a checklist of procedures to follow in the event a car is pulling, which they followed.
    Yes, Service Manager confirmed ... it pulled to one side (all the way to the other lane) in less than 6 sec @ 100Kph.
    They rotated the tyres ... problem rectified (for now) @ 3300Klm.
    However, I pointed out that they had already rotated the tyres @ 1000Klm, for exactly the same problem (it's on record) and asked if they would need another rotation in another 2000Klm?
    The Service Manager replied that if so, it would confirm in his mind that it is the tyres and not a problem with the car.
    The veering to the right is re-surfacing for my car @ approx 4900Klms. It's getting to the stage where I'm getting so frustrated that I'll just have to take it in again ... When I get some time, soon, hopefully...
    This time ... I'll be hitting them up for five new tyres.

Well @ 5310 Klms I took the car in and asked for 5 new tyres ... NO GO!

However they did conduct Steps 9 and 10 of Service News SN003T06.
    Step 9 Carry out 4 wheel alignment and check front cambers.
    Result = Left 0.1 and Right 0.7
    They loosened off all of the front subframe bolts and pryed the subframe (left or right) and pushed it as far forward as possible to attain as much castor as possible. Then making sure the steering wheel was straight they set the front and rear toe to maximum toe in.
    Step 10 Test drive

Well ... I don't think it has fully rectified the issue.
    I don't know if these adjustments will cause any other issues.
    Will need some time to test it at speed.

If it is not ok, I'll be back .... step 16 in the process is to call the technical department to get authorization to replace bad tyres, so if I have to go through to step 16 I will.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual

rrrrrrr

Drove off, all ok, then heh, it veers to the left .... stop, check the tyre pressure ....

Gonna test it at speed and wait for another 1000-2000Klms before I pass judgement.
    Theyr'e kidding aren't they?Still if u don't pay for them u don't get any say i suppose.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    Not AGAIN..... SSSSSSHISH!

They just wanna waste your time so much until you give up. Works most of the time too.

rrrrrrr

havent read the entire post but i went from my 16" stockies to 17" (2005) with the bridgestone potenza re040 and i am experiencing drifting to the RIGHT

never used to happen with 16", and started to drive the moment i put the 17" on, also as i slow down, the drifting gets worse and actually pulls the steering wheel a good 40 degrees to there right just as im stopping.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    also as i slow down, the drifting gets worse and actually pulls the steering wheel a good 40 degrees to there right just as im stopping.
    That's an accurate description of what I experience.