PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06 prices .. anyone already put a deposit or buy one?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ngupil
04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I just went to the dealer just to check on the prices
VTI - $23k
VTI-L - $27k
Sports - $33k
All of the prices are manual, with on-road costs (Dealer delivery, stamp duty, rego), and discount. The price for the autos are approx $2k more expensive.

Just wondering how much are you guys paying for it? I know there is a very similar thread about this, but its pretty much for all types of civic, and I just want to make it specific.

For a civc, IMO the prices are ridiculous, especially the sport one.

MiSloVic
04-03-2006, 10:28 PM
they are doing discount for the civic already? i've got a quote from gws for the vti(a) @ $26k otr. your dealers are quite good, care to share the name of the dealership? can PM me, if u prefer.

am seriously looking at getting the vti or vti-l in melb..

thanks in adv.

PaZzMaN-R
04-03-2006, 10:58 PM
guys if you in syd bring me any quote and il do my best to beat it!!!!!!!
no civics are not rely being discounted as they are being bought by the truckloads at full price. only things that will be getting discounted on "if" you lucky are extras such as tints floor mats etc.
PM me if you would like to come in and see what price i can do for you

locote
04-03-2006, 11:58 PM
i was looking at a sports but for 33K
i could get a 02 03 ITR lol

ngupil
05-03-2006, 02:29 AM

Thats the problem. for the sports model and the price of 35k for auto .. you can get an accord euro standard, in which IMO is a better deal.

mislovic, check your pm

edit: its true what pazzmanr is saying. they wont give a lot of discounts. only a few hundred dollars though. most of the time the dealership wont give any discounts at all, but since i already refer all of my friends to that particular dealership, so they can do me a better deal than most people.

PaZzMaN-R
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM

yes true but theres nothing like owning a new car. especialy the smell :cool:

type one
05-03-2006, 09:07 AM
hmm i took the vti for a test drive yesterday and IMO having driven many a honda - it is a fantastic drive... steering is tight, engine is gutsy and it is a nice little package inside and out... i have to say it sold me in terms of a next car...

anyone know if i can drop a K20A into i?? hahahaha cos that chassis could definitely hold more power...

i have to agree that the sports is a little over priced at 33k... but its honda... what do they know about importing and pricing?... fark...

BiLL|z0r
05-03-2006, 09:28 AM
I'd say you can drop a K20A into it since the Sports already has a K20 varient in it.

I agree the pricing is a bit rich for the sports, esp since it's so close to the Euro and you're prolly more likely to more of a discount on a Euro than a brand new model Civic.

hondarox
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes, the Civic Sports is priced at least $2,000 more than what it should be. I guess if anyone wants it and is willing to wait, then it's best to wait for the annual sale towards the end of the year when ORC would be free.

MKI4EVA
05-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Onroad + black paint, sport manual $32,300 drive away.

Don't let them rip you.

IronPriapism
06-03-2006, 02:00 PM

Don't let them rip you.

Is this how much you got it for? I've been quoted 26500 for vti auto, and 26000 from another for vti auto. My dad is getting the sports manual, hes been quoted 36k, but apparently he's gonna trade in his old 97 commodore and they can get it under 30k for the sports.

I want to get the vti for myself, 26k... how much do you think i could milk out of them for extras?

big88w
06-03-2006, 02:41 PM
My dad is getting the sports manual, hes been quoted 36k, but apparently he's gonna trade in his old 97 commodore and they can get it under 30k for the sports.

I think the dealer is trying to rip you off.. You can easily get $35k for the sports auto.

defect
06-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Yea I think the dealership is tryna rip you IronPriapism. haha

Geez didnt know civics were that expensive brand new.
But its a Honda, they hold their valve better than any other cars.

IronPriapism
06-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but obviously I haven't started bargaining with them yet. They will all say around 26k for the vti auto right? the manual vti is like 23 i believe.

When I sit down with them, I'll be buying 2 cars, so they should gimme a better deal...

blk vti
06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
i have ordered a black vti manual should be here end of month. my first honda so i look foward to it.

IronPriapism
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
i have ordered a black vti manual should be here end of month. my first honda so i look foward to it.

Thats awesome dude, but what I wanna know is how much did you pay for it? and what extras did you get? :)

MKI4EVA
07-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Is this how much you got it for?

Yup, on road/drive away.

I hope to god the newer models down the track don't get the option of black leather......hahahhaha.

blk vti
07-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Thats awesome dude, but what I wanna know is how much did you pay for it? and what extras did you get? :)
i'm getting the genuine seat skin's 600.00 f&r
also the accent lighting (underdash) :p 200.00
the car on the road all up is around 24,500

then once i get it lowering & wheels.

IronPriapism
07-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Yup, on road/drive away.

I hope to god the newer models down the track don't get the option of black leather......hahahhaha.

What extras you get?

TypeG
07-03-2006, 05:31 PM
My frd put a deposit on a Civic SPorts manual for $33k with mats and LED lights
1 mth delivery time for a Purple one
It is like a beast especially the purple one with matched color leather trim
make me want to sell my Euro

hondarox
07-03-2006, 06:11 PM

I rather you keep your Euro and not go for the Civic Sport.
Reasons:
1) It's Made in Japan.
2) It's the same price.
3) It has ESP which will become more standard in new cars in the near future.
4) It has double wishbone suspensions both front and rear.
5) It has a much bigger DOHC engine.
6) It has a trip computer.
7) It has six speakers.
8) It doesn't have that awkward digital speedo on dash. Steering wheel might block the speedo depending on driver height and adjustment.

HILLuZ
07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Apparantly the civic is built in japan and shipped to thailand to finish off. not sure how much truth is behind that, but its what i've heard.

for the same price you get the leather interior and sunroof

civic has 2 trip computers :)

i like the speedo :)

hondarox
07-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Apparantly the civic is built in japan and shipped to thailand to finish off. not sure how much truth is behind that, but its what i've heard.

for the same price you get the leather interior and sunroof

civic has 2 trip computers :)

i like the speedo :)

Does the new Civic has the comprehensive trip computer like that in the Euro - displays distance travelled, fuel used, istantaneous fuel consumption, etc.

HILLuZ
07-03-2006, 07:26 PM
nah, just 2 trip meters. it has outside temperature measure.

blk vti
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
regardless of where the car or anycar for that matter is built has nothing at all to do with how good or how bad the car is going to be.

the fact is the manufacture has strict QC programs in place be it honda, bmw, vw, etc.

the U.S civic (sedan) i beleive is built in thailand, while most of the asian version civic's including our's is shared between plant's in japan & thailand.

on the accord euro, i still can't understand why the hell a japanese brand of car would have euro associated with the name.

also people are saying that why buy a civic sport when you can have a accord euro for the same money. now is the accord euro 33,000 + orc? & is it not a standard car with no option's?

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 11:57 AM
What extras you get?

tinting and floor mats........only the best..........AHAAHHAHA.

confirmed for pick up next thurs......hopefully sooner.

We'll see how the new motor likes it around redline.

I'll be doing a Standwell lookout and south coast to kiama to run it in......

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
regardless of where the car or anycar for that matter is built has nothing at all to do with how good or how bad the car is going to be.

the fact is the manufacture has strict QC programs in place be it honda, bmw, vw, etc.

the U.S civic (sedan) i beleive is built in thailand, while most of the asian version civic's including our's is shared between plant's in japan & thailand.

on the accord euro, i still can't understand why the hell a japanese brand of car would have euro associated with the name.

also people are saying that why buy a civic sport when you can have a accord euro for the same money. now is the accord euro 33,000 + orc? & is it not a standard car with no option's?

The suspension and ride quality of the euro's ten time better then the civic......I'd fork out the extra to get the euro if it was my choice.

how did we end up talking about build quality anyhow........honda's got a clean record in that area.

You should see what VW get up to......*shocking*

blk vti
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
The suspension and ride quality of the euro's ten time better then the civic......I'd fork out the extra to get the euro if it was my choice.

how did we end up talking about build quality anyhow........honda's got a clean record in that area.

You should see what VW get up to......*shocking*people seem to think that if you buy a car manufactured in in any other country bar it's home counrty ie honda that they might be missing out.

hondarox
08-03-2006, 06:59 PM

The rrp of the Euro Std auto is $35,500. But dealers are willing to offer that price as the driveaway price. If you bargain hard you might get it just under the rrp. BTW, the Euro Std has lots of options (features) not available in the Civic Sport. See my earlier post in this thread.

HILLuZ
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
The rrp of the Euro Std auto is $35,500. But dealers are willing to offer that price as the driveaway price. If you bargain hard you might get it just under the rrp. BTW, the Euro Std has lots of options (features) not available in the Civic Sport. See my earlier post in this thread.

true...but the civic also has features/options not available on the base euro such as leather interior and moonroof

hondarox
08-03-2006, 07:46 PM
true...but the civic also has features/options not available on the base euro such as leather interior and moonroof

Leather and moonroof won't help you when you're in a "situation". Only the ESP (standard in the Euro) will. Anyone intending to purchase a vehicle should seriously consider ESP as within the next 5 years it'll become standard.

HILLuZ
08-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Leather and moonroof won't help you when you're in a "situation". Only the ESP (standard in the Euro) will. Anyone intending to purchase a vehicle should seriously consider ESP as within the next 5 years it'll become standard.

come on, lol. the civic has abs and ebd which isn't much less than the ESP. personally, i'd rather have the leather and sunroof :) if i crash, i have airbags everywhere!

hondarox
08-03-2006, 08:31 PM
come on, lol. the civic has abs and ebd which isn't much less than the ESP. personally, i'd rather have the leather and sunroof :) if i crash, i have airbags everywhere!

ESP PREVENTS you from crashing !!!

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 09:07 PM
the ESP in the euro is pretty amazing...........specially over long'ish fairly deep puddles.....

what ever tyres it's got stock helped heaps as well...........

i've got no idea what the civic can offer in that department.

HILLuZ
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
half the fun of driving, imo, is dealing with stuff like that. prevension is the best course. if you aqua plain, you're most likely going too fast anyway. you have eyes to look out for big puddles too.

and as i said, if i crash i have airbags plus my insurance :)

not bashing the ESP tho, its a great idea, but its not worth overlooking the civic.

lov
08-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Don't let them rip you.
I told this price to sales yesterday, and he believes you must wait couple month before your car arrive

dunno if he's right or not

He dun even give free mats :( :zip:

lov
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
actually you should ask more for me :thumbsup:

I shouldnt let you spoke too much things about my car~ feeling like i m a fkn newbie and trying to conceal the facts :confused:

IronPriapism
09-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Looking around now, it seems hard to get a good deal, everyone is basically paying retail and trying for a couple of extras. I think i might just save a few grand and buy a jazz and rice it up a bit... doesn't feel nice to pay the top dollar for a car, i want big discounts dang it!!

Catcha
09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
33k driveaway is very close to what Euro standard owners are getting there for 32,500 or average 33k from reading what people pay.

Its a nice car the civic at least the sunroof is huge and not a crappy little thing. I personally would want a car with a sunroof and if came down to buying one or the other .I would buy the sports soley on that alone as to get a sunroof in a Euro you gotta go to the next level 5g more but obviously you get more for you money again. Value for money I go Euro. Can't afford either get a Jazz which is what I have.

for those who avoid cars built in Thailand, you gotta be realistic as everything will one day be built in china and thailand and other Asian places that are cheaper, that why the better pricing and free trade agreement make honda one of the best value for money cars compared to 5 years ago want a Accord think 50g

Oh and people have heard that Qantas is relocating all there aircraft engineers to China outsourcing....Will people stop flying with Qantas just cause they pay cheaper labour to get the same thing done ? I don't think so

MKI4EVA
09-03-2006, 08:36 AM
I told this price to sales yesterday, and he believes you must wait couple month before your car arrive

dunno if he's right or not

He dun even give free mats :( :zip:

we'r picking it up next thurs............could have been this friday but couldn't get sign off until next week.

valkry
09-03-2006, 03:13 PM
How about having a group buy for Civics? More people power! Sure there's market determines the price.

IronPriapism
09-03-2006, 05:40 PM
They don't need you to buy in groups, they are selling so many it doesnt matter... I was there last nite and this family bought 3 civics... they are selling so many going as a group won't make a diff really.

hondarox
09-03-2006, 07:17 PM
half the fun of driving, imo, is dealing with stuff like that. prevension is the best course. if you aqua plain, you're most likely going too fast anyway. you have eyes to look out for big puddles too.

and as i said, if i crash i have airbags plus my insurance :)

not bashing the ESP tho, its a great idea, but its not worth overlooking the civic.

If anyone doubts the importance of ESP, please read the following article.
http://www.carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,18400289-21822,00.html

blk vti
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
the new civic (all models) have EBD wich from what i read is the same as esp. as it works with the abs system on a motor car to help stablise the car under braking.

MKI4EVA
10-03-2006, 06:53 AM
holly crap did you guys see how the wipers worked?

hahhahaha

IAM307
10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Have you guys heard of Private Fleet? www.privatefleet.com.au
I'm getting my Civic Vti from them auto for $25323 and that's with the Moss Silver as well. So basically, manual would just be $23323.

MiSloVic
10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Have you guys heard of Private Fleet? www.privatefleet.com.au (http://www.privatefleet.com.au/)
I'm getting my Civic Vti from them auto for $25323 and that's with the Moss Silver as well. So basically, manual would just be $23323.

hey.. i called them a few weeks ago, those jokers told me, the prices which they can get will not be cheaper than if i were to get it on my own..

IAM307
10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
That's strange. I actually put a deposit down already through Private Fleet. If you want to try again, try call up Laney, his extension is 27.

HILLuZ
11-03-2006, 06:10 PM
If anyone doubts the importance of ESP, please read the following article.
http://www.carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,18400289-21822,00.html

man, find a new point to bag the civic about, this one's getting old.

i like being in control of my own car.

hondarox
11-03-2006, 09:03 PM

I test drove the Civic Vti early afternoon and went to another dealer in the late afternoon to test drive the auto Accord Euro Std. I was very impressed with the handling and the extra power compared with the Civic. The dealer offered me a good deal and I paid the deposit for a silver one. Will collect car in three weeks time.

MKI4EVA
11-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I test drove the Civic Vti early afternoon and went to another dealer in the late afternoon to test drive the auto Accord Euro Std. I was very impressed with the handling and the extra power compared with the Civic. The dealer offered me a good deal and I paid the deposit for a silver one. Will collect car in three weeks time.

nice.....i've been trying to make this point for a while now. Euro all the way if you can get it within a few grand of the civic sport.

mind telling me how much you got the euro for? PM if you want, im curious. in syd?

HILLuZ
12-03-2006, 12:12 AM

congratulations on the purchase man, i'm sure you'll be very happy, the accord is a nice car, very nice as a matter of fact.

however...you compared the civic vti to the accord? thats an odd comparison - the civic sport would have been a better comparrison imo.

brightboyfree
13-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi, I just got my new civic vti auto from brisbane car shows, for only $24500, promise delivery in 1 week time since they got one in stock...Do you guys think this is a good price???

JaCe
13-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Ordered my Civic VTI-L in black- picking up on Saturday. $30k for auto, on-road, plus spoiler, 5 year extended warranty and 5 year roadside assist.

civiceg9
13-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I want one but I just got a Jazz
guess I have wait abit

JaCe
13-03-2006, 11:27 PM

Btw IIRC the Asian models (eg. Singapore) of the 2006 Civic Sport come with Stability Control.

MiSloVic
14-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Btw IIRC the Asian models (eg. Singapore) of the 2006 Civic Sport come with Stability Control.

yeap.. singapore's model has got VSA. they got theirs from japan, just like NZ. their civic is from japan, and its got VSA too.

so far, those markets which get their civic from thai does not seem to have VSA.

Fizz
14-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi, I just got my new civic vti auto from brisbane car shows, for only $24500, promise delivery in 1 week time since they got one in stock...Do you guys think this is a good price???

:eek: $24500 driveaway? wow! thats a whole $1500 cheaper than the offer i had. even then, i had to negotiate with the salesguy for $26k the drive away price.

IronPriapism
14-03-2006, 11:57 AM

They are quoting me 26500 (before i start haggling with them) for the VTI auto. are you sure they brought the price down that much for you? If so I am going to push for that much plus more...

you really got it for that price? 2k lower than the retail huh?

brightboyfree
14-03-2006, 12:15 PM
:eek: $24500 driveaway? wow! thats a whole $1500 cheaper than the offer i had. even then, i had to negotiate with the salesguy for $26k the drive away price.

They are quoting me 26500 (before i start haggling with them) for the VTI auto. are you sure they brought the price down that much for you? If so I am going to push for that much plus more...

you really got it for that price? 2k lower than the retail huh?

Yes, you guys have a try la.....I got the car delivery already...(but there is no free stuff such as carpet:confused: ) You can enter the link below to see my car:

hk.photos.yahoo.com/brightboyfree

JaCe
14-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I found that the dealerships weren't really offering much in discounts off the RRP (ie. none at all) but were willing to throw in extras.. one offered free mats and some other pointless thing (forgot what it was), but I preferred the roadside assist one- I plan to just buy my own mats or something from Kmart or something.

MKI4EVA
14-03-2006, 12:38 PM
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43bb2298zbe8dbe0a/6565/__sr_/11a6scd.jpg?phQTjFEBw4EDZjVi
nice

brightboyfree
14-03-2006, 12:54 PM
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43bb2298zbe8dbe0a/6565/__sr_/11a6scd.jpg?phQTjFEBw4EDZjVi
nice

brightboyfree
14-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I found that the dealerships weren't really offering much in discounts off the RRP (ie. none at all) but were willing to throw in extras.. one offered free mats and some other pointless thing (forgot what it was), but I preferred the roadside assist one- I plan to just buy my own mats or something from Kmart or something.

For the met, I prefer to get the original honda civic carpet. Really high-quality.....:thumbsup:

JaCe
14-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm starting to regret not getting the carpet mat... but then, I'm pretty sure I can find some decent ones elsewhere- anyone know good places? The dealer wanted to charge me $200 I think for the mats and I'm like... no thanks.

MKI4EVA
14-03-2006, 04:26 PM
yeh it feels and sounds wrong to pay that much for mats but you have to admit you buy it once and never have to worry again...........

with aftermarket mats it'll never be the same............but I'm sure you have find something that work well enough.

brightboyfree
14-03-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm starting to regret not getting the carpet mat... but then, I'm pretty sure I can find some decent ones elsewhere- anyone know good places? The dealer wanted to charge me $200 I think for the mats and I'm like... no thanks.

After you get the car, get it from your dealer PART DEPARTMENT, it is only $149.00 inc GST.....

MKI4EVA
14-03-2006, 07:59 PM
After you get the car, get it from your dealer PART DEPARTMENT, it is only $149.00 inc GST.....

hahahha serious..........

JaCe
14-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmm... i'm still not sure if i should spend $150 on mats, when my dad said you can get pretty decent sets for under $50. Atm saving my money up for the amp + subwoofer... A bit off topic, but are there any Honda experts here who could provide me with details on the Civic 2006 sound system? as in.. the specs, preamp output details, existing speaker specs, etc..?

ngupil
14-03-2006, 09:49 PM
yeh it feels and sounds wrong to pay that much for mats but you have to admit you buy it once and never have to worry again...........

with aftermarket mats it'll never be the same............but I'm sure you have find something that work well enough.

I totally agree with mk14eva. I used to have a civic for 3 years. I bought the mat as an extra from the dealer. After 3 years, the mat had not even worn out yet, even the seats are a little bit worn. Now with my euro, I also had them as an extra, it is an excellent condition. If i really clean it, and sell it as a brand new, no one will know that it is used. I dont think it matter much to the dealers just to thrown on a mat set on the car, coz it probably only cost them no more than $100

IronPriapism
15-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes, you guys have a try la.....I got the car delivery already...(but there is no free stuff such as carpet:confused: ) You can enter the link below to see my car:

hk.photos.yahoo.com/brightboyfree

are you sure you got it for that much dude? maybe it was some sort of special because you got it at a car show? I really dont think anyone could get 2000 dollars off the recommended price?

PaZzMaN-R
15-03-2006, 06:18 AM
ok so $150 for the mats, but when you look at the price of the car its only a fraction of the cost. have you seen what happens to the floor over time without them? also im incredibly impressed with the mats in the car. the fits 100% and they almost valcro the way they grip and dont move around. worth going the oem IMO. but you sould get them thrown in as part of the deal;)

MKI4EVA
15-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Yay, confirmed pick up tmrw guys.

The Flood gates of HELL shall open upon this 2L civic..........live at redline or not live at all....................

AHHAHAHhahaha.

brightboyfree
15-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Hmm... i'm still not sure if i should spend $150 on mats, when my dad said you can get pretty decent sets for under $50. Atm saving my money up for the amp + subwoofer... A bit off topic, but are there any Honda experts here who could provide me with details on the Civic 2006 sound system? as in.. the specs, preamp output details, existing speaker specs, etc..?

the sound system is sucks.....the speakers are same as the JAZZ one(i got jazz too)....

brightboyfree
15-03-2006, 03:07 PM
are you sure you got it for that much dude? maybe it was some sort of special because you got it at a car show? I really dont think anyone could get 2000 dollars off the recommended price?

There is no special in the car shows, the only special is you got a chance to win a brand new honda jazz....I'm sure you guys can get a better price like me, since I also got a special price on other dealer (highway honda) for $25000 drive away (1 week delivery) (AUTO vti) before I buy the car from car shows. when i ask them to drop down the price a little bit, they said they can drop it down to $24300, but the only thing is you have to wait until the end of April to get the car delivery...that's y i decided to buy it from car shows, it's only $24500 (1 week delivery) (AUTO vti) which is only $200 more than Highway honda but delivery in 1 week time....:cool:

type one
15-03-2006, 03:22 PM
i get delivery of my Vti friday! woot woot!!

HILLuZ
15-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Yay, confirmed pick up tmrw guys.

The Flood gates of HELL shall open upon this 2L civic..........live at redline or not live at all....................

AHHAHAHhahaha.

why treat it so badly? no car deserves to be treated like that imo :thumbdwn: unless its built for it

PaZzMaN-R
15-03-2006, 07:51 PM
or drive it like you stole it:) and its under warranty TEST THE SYSTEM!!!

HILLuZ
15-03-2006, 08:01 PM
or drive it like you stole it:) and its under warranty TEST THE SYSTEM!!!

yeah, but warranty doesn't cover negligence.....

JaCe
15-03-2006, 08:40 PM
the sound system is sucks.....the speakers are same as the JAZZ one(i got jazz too)....

I thought it wasn't too bad- but then, none of our cars have really good sound systems anyway. The HU looks nice in the dash though; so I guess I just have to upgrade the speakers and add sw/amp.

HILLuZ
15-03-2006, 08:55 PM
not sure weather the headunit has the preamp outs or whatever they're called for an amp. probably a good set of 6" in the back would give it better sound.

i find it sounds alright when u have it up loud

MKI4EVA
15-03-2006, 08:58 PM
yeah, but warranty doesn't cover negligence.....

It's only a car man..........

I'm just talking sheet anyways........it won't be seeing redline till at least first 1000km.

marcus
15-03-2006, 09:00 PM
The new civic prices are far too expensive!!!!!! 33k for the sports as well get a itr,r34 or etc...

PaZzMaN-R
15-03-2006, 09:37 PM
all personal preferences buddy and not in the same league. how much were those cars when they came out??? do you not think they were all far to expensive???

HILLuZ
15-03-2006, 09:41 PM
MKI4EVA: Glad to hear it! I hate seeing engines go through pain :P
marcus: you can't compare second hand prices to brand new prices. for that class of car, it has the best features at a very competitive price. compare it to the mazda 3 sp23, golf, etc.....

blk vti
16-03-2006, 07:33 AM
well here you go, i brought a astra cdxi with full body kit & 18" wheels & it set me back $37,500 on the road.

the new civic is a well priced car, & quality to boot. i would suggest for people who find the civic expensive to go & do some window shopping with other makes, & i'm sure you will have a different opinion.

infact i do not know of any other car that has leather & sunroof, cruise, climate control, 6 stack indash, front air bags, side air bags, curtain airbags, leather steering wheel, alloy wheels etc for $33,000

JaCe
16-03-2006, 08:03 AM
I drive automatic and actually was fully set on buying it because I loved the features and the look (of the CDX coupe), but then after test driving it... I was shocked at how horrible and harsh the auto transmission is- and it just so happened I test drove the Civic earlier that day, and then went again the next day to test it- before buying it.

hondarox
16-03-2006, 08:15 PM
infact i do not know of any other car that has leather & sunroof, cruise, climate control, 6 stack indash, front air bags, side air bags, curtain airbags, leather steering wheel, alloy wheels etc for $33,000

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 FSI
It has these additional spec compared to the Civic Sport:
- ESP
- Dual zone auto climate control with dust and pollen filter
- Carpet mats (front and rear)
- 8 speakers (only 4 speakers in Civic range)
- Trip computer (only tripmeter in Civic)
- Rain sensors
- Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirrors
- Reverse parking sensors
- Tire pressure indicator
- Brake pad wear indicator
- Electrically operated fuel filler flap
- Bottle holders

blk vti
16-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI
- ESP
- Rain sensors
- Bottle holders
all civic's have EBD wich form what i read is the same concept as ESP. does the jetta start at 33,000 + orc?

blk vti
16-03-2006, 08:57 PM
infact the jetta tdi start's at $35,490 + orc making it around $38,000 on the road

MKI4EVA
16-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI
- ESP
- Rain sensors
- Bottle holders

are you sure the Jetta is that much drive away?

Anyhow just picked up the sport in manual black today guys. Suprisingly very impressed.

Ride is quite firm, steering is super sharp and best of all very torquey engine even thought it loose abit of breath after 6,500 to the 7,000 redline. That may improve as the motor runs in.

I thought the brakes were nothing great till we clocked around 150km in it and it wore in........:confused: ..........brakes pretty well.

Definately a fun little car after driving polo gti, golf 2FSI, clio cup, pug 180. I'd rate it in that crowd but obviously not the top of the bunch.

One thing I don't like is the fly by wire accel pedal. It definately doesn't react quick enough and I've noticed it makes adjustments to power applied even when you have your foot in the one position.

Quite a nice stance on the road........but I'm sure it'll wear off soon enough as the roads are flooded with them like the euros.

Plenty of power to play with.

Happy motoring to all the new Sport owners.

HILLuZ
16-03-2006, 08:59 PM
all civic's have EBD wich form what i read is the same concept as ESP. does the jetta start at 33,000 + orc?

yeah, 32990 + the following:

Queensland

Information

Dealer Delivery Fee for Volkswagen Jetta FSI 2.0: $2,495.00

Phone : 13 23 80
CTP - Varies from $350 - $400 depending on type of vehicle
Number Plate fee : $ 18.40
Stamp Duty : $2.00 per $100.00 or part there of.
Registration Fee Per Annual :

1/2/3 cylinders
4 cylinders/2 Rotors
5/6 cylinders/3 Rotors
7/8 cylinders
9/12 cylinders
$ 214.80
$ 256.90
$ 362.60
$ 483.80
$ 557.10
* Sourced from Queensland Transport (http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/index/registration_fees)

jackosimm
16-03-2006, 09:21 PM

Two completely different things.

EBD - Electronic Brake Pressure Distribution
ESP - Electronic Stability Program

EBD Will sense if you have a significant amount of weight to the front or rear of the car (Luggage or Passengers) and then apply more pressure to the brake's with more weight on them.

ESP is a huge safety system, which can detect (using a yaw control) if you are going to go into a spin, be it over steer of understeer. It can apply brake's and power at the same time (basically steer the car) while your in panic.

Prices are roughly $36,900 for a 2.0 FSI Manual,
$39,000 for a TDI Manual,
and then $43,700 for a FSI Turbo Model which is only in Auto DSG

Why is everyone comparing the Civic to the Jetta, it is in contention with the Accord Euro?

hondarox
16-03-2006, 09:55 PM

Jetta manual priced at $32,990 plus ORC.
110 kW @ 6000 rpm
200 Nm @ 3500 rpm
Forgot to mention, auto dimming rear view mirror is standard.

jackosimm
16-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Also the FSI and TDI have exact same features, only difference is the engine

hondarox
16-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Why is everyone comparing the Civic to the Jetta, it is in contention with the Accord Euro?

Both Civic Sport and Jetta FSI have the 2.0L engine. So the comparison is valid.

HILLuZ
16-03-2006, 10:48 PM
does the jetta come with leather/sunroof standard? i don't believe it does...

it does have an impressive feature set, however the drop in power plus the extra weight may make it sluggish. tho 0-100 specs are stated at 9.2 which isn't too bad. if thats the case, the civic must be under 9?

MKI4EVA
17-03-2006, 08:05 AM
does the jetta come with leather/sunroof standard? i don't believe it does...

it does have an impressive feature set, however the drop in power plus the extra weight may make it sluggish. tho 0-100 specs are stated at 9.2 which isn't too bad. if thats the case, the civic must be under 9?

sport would be in the 8's easy.........not proven yet.......hehehe.

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 08:38 AM
sport would be in the 8's easy.........not proven yet.......hehehe.

I wonder when Wheels/Motor claimed that the Auto Sport was just slower than the MT 1.8whether they were using the paddle shift or not? I find it hard to imagine that the slight lag in gear shifting from depressing the paddle would account for such a drop in performance??? :confused:

If so, the sports model is a marketing tool to leverage more money from your pocket for meager performance gains...???

cheers

Seiken
17-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Me and my friend went to the dealer yesterday as i had to drop off the euro for service and my friend ended signing for a standard civic vti, auto, mats, tints, slimline weathershields and 5 year warranty for 25500 which i thought was an alrite deal.

Seik

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Me and my friend went to the dealer yesterday as i had to drop off the euro for service and my friend ended signing for a standard civic vti, auto, mats, tints, slimline weathershields and 5 year warranty for 25500 which i thought was an alrite deal.

Seik

Looks like your friend got a good deal! The dealership in Prahran (VIC) quoted $26160 driveaway with nothing!!! :eek: Glad I'm not getting one from there - though I'm interested in the Sports auto (so my gf can drive it too) which awas offered at $35185... has any one in VIC got offered a better price? I'm looking to buy in May...

cheers

MKI4EVA
17-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I wonder when Wheels/Motor claimed that the Auto Sport was just slower than the MT 1.8whether they were using the paddle shift or not? I find it hard to imagine that the slight lag in gear shifting from depressing the paddle would account for such a drop in performance??? :confused:

If so, the sports model is a marketing tool to leverage more money from your pocket for meager performance gains...???

cheers

so they said the 1.8M was as quick as the sport auto?............

but what about the sport manual.......hehehe it rips i can tell you that much....jk.

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 10:40 AM
so they said the 1.8M was as quick as the sport auto?............

but what about the sport manual.......hehehe it rips i can tell you that much....jk.

I think the reason why they only quoted the auto is because motor and wheels mag are biased against Jap cars, and want to bag them when they can.... :mad: Saying that the MT sport would hoon is too much of a dent for their "pride".

I still couldn't get over the XR8/Monaro/Evo 8 shootout and how they voted the Holden in despite the scores dictating that the Evo eats both of them performance wise! :rolleyes:

cheers

JaCe
17-03-2006, 11:40 AM
The cars will probably drop in price come May... remember they only came out in Australia a couple of weeks ago!

As for the Sports Auto vs. VTi Manual- yeh I heard that the Sports Auto takes 9.9seconds, whereas VTi Manual only takes 9.7...

blk vti
17-03-2006, 11:41 AM
i can vouch for the test they did as i drove both 2.0l sport & the 1.8 vti manual & could not tell the difference in pick-up. manual will always have better response over auto.

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 11:45 AM
i can vouch for the test they did as i drove both 2.0l sport & the 1.8 vti manual & could not tell the difference in pick-up. manual will always have better response over auto.

try telling this to a gf that refuses to learn stick! :(

IronPriapism
17-03-2006, 11:58 AM
try telling this to a gf that refuses to learn stick! :(

sigh, same problem!!

MKI4EVA
17-03-2006, 12:25 PM
poor buggas............I feel ya.

Mine bought a genIII crx and learnt after she bought it.

She's loving the sport in manual atm. Clutch is nice and soft.

Hey does anyone have any complaints about the front seats? the leather is abit hard and the back support isn't the best either.......I don't think it's a good seat of long drives. I guess it might soften up later on.

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 12:31 PM

please don't!!! hehe

Hey does anyone have any complaints about the front seats? the leather is abit hard and the back support isn't the best either.......I don't think it's a good seat of long drives. I guess it might soften up later on.

The mugen bucket Sp1 will sort you out! although such support may not be desirable for long trips! :eek:

cheers!

HILLuZ
17-03-2006, 05:36 PM

Mine bought a genIII crx and learnt after she bought it.

She's loving the sport in manual atm. Clutch is nice and soft.

comfier than my 4th gen prelude's seats :P

took it for a solid 3-4 hour drive over the weekend and found it to be very comfy :).

ydrift
19-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Went to WEST HONDA in Hoppers Crossing,Melbourne and drive away price for a BLACK VTI HONDA CIVIC was 24,450 with car mats and a 4 week wait. Just wondering where in Melbourne can i get one cheaper

Cheers

valkry
19-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Was it a manual or auto price for the black Vti?

blk vti
19-03-2006, 06:18 PM
mine arrives in OZ on the 22nd & should be at the dealer by the 27th of this month :)

type one
19-03-2006, 07:47 PM
picked up my silver vti friday... AWESOME drive... VERY VERY happy... by far the best civic in the 8 generations hehehe... looking forward to it getting a more powerful engine... k20a 'esque'...

only downside is it weighs in at 1500kg... so FAT.

Jr
19-03-2006, 07:51 PM
mine arrives in OZ on the 22nd & should be at the dealer by the 27th of this month :)

My dealer cant even give me a date :thumbdwn: yet

MKI4EVA
19-03-2006, 07:52 PM
picked up my silver vti friday... AWESOME drive... VERY VERY happy... by far the best civic in the 8 generations hehehe... looking forward to it getting a more powerful engine... k20a 'esque'...

only downside is it weighs in at 1500kg... so FAT.

don't they weight max 1260kg for the fully optioned sports....

Yeh this engine platform might be pretty quick with some mods.........quick in civic terms that is.

we got ours within a fornight........

saw a white sports in greenvalley this arvo.........

IronPriapism
19-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I went to the dealers last week trying to finally make a deal, i got them down to 25700 with Mats and Side garnish. I would have signed but my gf didnt let me coz she was adamant on 25500. Nobody in Perth can get it lower than 26000 really.

SUCKS!

blk vti
19-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Yeh this engine platform might be pretty quick with some mods.........quick in civic terms that is.

yep 1260kg, not much at all really.

blk vti
19-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I went to the dealers last week trying to finally make a deal, i got them down to 25700 with Mats and Side garnish. I would have signed but my gf didnt let me coz she was adamant on 25500. Nobody in Perth can get it lower than 26000 really.

SUCKS!
as long as honda are selling the cars, their is no need to discount.

is this auto or manual you are refering to?

Aco3n
19-03-2006, 10:24 PM
got it for $24,110 (vti manual). Can't do anything on the price, but I really want the car.. so I just have to live with it.. and they can only throw me the mats

IronPriapism
20-03-2006, 01:05 AM
as long as honda are selling the cars, their is no need to discount.

is this auto or manual you are refering to?

The auto. I was offered to pay 26000 with mats and side garnish, i could have the car in a week, otherwise i'd have to wait 6 weeks and pay 25800.

MiSloVic
20-03-2006, 08:25 AM
The auto. I was offered to pay 26000 with mats and side garnish, i could have the car in a week, otherwise i'd have to wait 6 weeks and pay 25800.

wait 6 weeks for a $200 discount? if you do not have a car, you should squeeze them for a free loan car for the 6 wk wait.

type one
20-03-2006, 08:43 AM

i wa sonly going off what the dealer wrote on the vicroads papers... i thought 1500kg sounded a little fat, 1260 sounds light'ish' though for a 4 door sedan...

Vti doesn;t come with side door airbags etc and heavier engine... so around 1200kg might be right...

ayway i am already trying to lose weight... front H grill gone... HAHAHAHA.... spare tyre going soon :)

MKI4EVA
20-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeh I was suprised they gave a full spare tyre....

ydrift
20-03-2006, 09:17 AM

it was a MANUAL one, BLACK VTI 24495 drive away with free mats at WEST HONDA in HOPPERS CROSSING. is anywhere selling them cheaper in Melbourne.

oh one more thing what stud pattern does the car have. i know its 5 stud thats all. Tony the dude selling me the car doesnt even know told me to ask a tyre company. .

cheers

type one
20-03-2006, 09:51 AM
ummm 24,495 with "free mats"??? ahahahaha.... dun think so... that's a fair bit more than i paid for mine... though black is a premium i guess...

don't ask me how much i paid... but it was under 24k driveaway and that was straight off the bat with NO negotation.

MKI4EVA
20-03-2006, 09:53 AM
jeee's had no idea black was so popular..........hahahha.

ydrift
20-03-2006, 09:57 AM
i thought it was a bit high thats why i didnt put a deposit down. he goes it would be a 4 week wait also. i just want someone to recommend a dealer that would sell it cheaper then $24495 drive away and delivery time to be a bit better then 4 weeks.

Fizz
20-03-2006, 10:48 AM

why would they offer $200 discount if you waited for the next shipment to arrive in 6 weeks time? is the price gonna drop by then?

blk vti
20-03-2006, 11:11 AM
i wa sonly going off what the dealer wrote on the vicroads papers... i thought 1500kg sounded a little fat, 1260 sounds light'ish' though for a 4 door sedan...

Vti doesn;t come with side door airbags etc and heavier engine... so around 1200kg might be right...

ayway i am already trying to lose weight... front H grill gone... HAHAHAHA.... spare tyre going soon :)
how does it look with out the grill?

blk vti
20-03-2006, 11:13 AM

it was a MANUAL one, BLACK VTI 24495 drive away with free mats at WEST HONDA in HOPPERS CROSSING. is anywhere selling them cheaper in Melbourne.

oh one more thing what stud pattern does the car have. i know its 5 stud thats all. Tony the dude selling me the car doesnt even know told me to ask a tyre company. .

cheers
stud pattern is 5x114.3

EK9_boi
20-03-2006, 11:37 AM
jeee's had no idea black was so popular..........hahahha.

Black RULES! Type R color too! White looks good until you reach the rear-end - then it looks too much like a baboon's a$$! ;) hehe

The only down side with black is that you'll FOREVER be washing the car cos everything shows up!

BUT nothing else polishes as good as black! ;)

Black RULES! period!

cheers

EK9_boi
20-03-2006, 11:39 AM
stud pattern is 5x114.3

Thanks! VOLK RIMS here I come! :p

kn_19_ht
20-03-2006, 01:09 PM
hi guys..

ive been on this forum for sometime now..n im looking at the new 06 civic VTi..ive only been to Honda North..bt just wondering if anyone out there knows where to get the best deal? anyone here from perth getting one?..any advise for a first time new car buyer?...thnx guys..any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Jr
20-03-2006, 02:13 PM
hi guys..

ive been on this forum for sometime now..n im looking at the new 06 civic VTi..ive only been to Honda North..bt just wondering if anyone out there knows where to get the best deal? anyone here from perth getting one?..any advise for a first time new car buyer?...thnx guys..any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Gday i got my sport for 34k with extra's from prestige honda on leach HWY. Dont know about Vti go talk to them about prices and extra's.

MKI4EVA
20-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Gday i got my sport for 34k with extra's from prestige honda on leach HWY. Dont know about Vti go talk to them about prices and extra's.

what colour did you get man?

Jr
20-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Not black :D, white dude first white one in WA

EK9_boi
20-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Not black :D, white dude first white one in WA

hehe ;) j/k Trust you'll enjoy it man! Post up some pics will ya?

UNLS1
20-03-2006, 06:12 PM
civic stock is starting to get tight....and wait times are starting to get longer......meaning next to no discount soon.....

vinhy
20-03-2006, 06:23 PM
is it true that theres not going to be anymore silver moss colours coming until next year coz thats wat the dealer said up here in brissy

UNLS1
20-03-2006, 09:10 PM
lol hes telling lies! rubbish!

HILLuZ
20-03-2006, 10:34 PM
thought i'd add a quick post regarding fuel milage. i've filled up 3 times now. First tank i got 456km out of 40L, thus giving 8.772L/100km.

Second tank, I got 497.5km out of 41.88L thus giving 8.42L/100km. I'm quite impressed with these figures. Also, I have driven harder on the second tank of fuel. I filled up just now with a tank of premium so it will be interesting to see if the results are affected. On paper the civic sport should get 7.9L/100km so its not doing too bad!

Also, after the first 1000k service, i decided to give it a bit of stick. My last car was a 1995 Prelude VTi-R. At first, pushing the civic I didn't think it felt all that quick compared to the prelude, till i looked at the speedo and what felt like 50k/hour turned out to be about 105k/h at not quite redline in second gear! I was quite impressed :)

blk vti
20-03-2006, 10:43 PM
anybody know how much honda are charging for the bass engine pack over the counter?

IronPriapism
21-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I just signed up for black VTI auto, 26000, mats, side garnish, bumper protectors, 3 x petrol tank fill... pick it up in 2 weeks time.

hey Jr, you're in WA? hows ya mum? ;) (if you're not who I am thinking it is, never mind you wont get it :p )

IronPriapism
21-03-2006, 12:37 AM
why would they offer $200 discount if you waited for the next shipment to arrive in 6 weeks time? is the price gonna drop by then?

I was trying to bargain for last VTI they were getting untill may, he woudln't give it to me for 25800, only 26000, maybe he was bullshitting? but i'd probably never know, but for 200 bucks i get it 4 - 6 weeks earlier... and it's apparently the last black VTI untill then...

Fizz
21-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I was trying to bargain for last VTI they were getting untill may, he woudln't give it to me for 25800, only 26000, maybe he was bullshitting? but i'd probably never know, but for 200 bucks i get it 4 - 6 weeks earlier... and it's apparently the last black VTI untill then...

i've also heard that their next batch of stock is only coming in may. but then maybe its just their tactic to get ppl to put down a deposit ASAP ;)

Jr
21-03-2006, 10:57 AM
i've also heard that their next batch of stock is only coming in may. but then maybe its just their tactic to get ppl to put down a deposit ASAP ;)

Yep dealer told me that my sport was arriving around may (next shippment):thumbdwn:

ydrift
21-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk vti
stud pattern is 5x114.3

Thanks! VOLK RIMS here I come!

what a great little car, cant believe it has 5 stud pattern. too bad i sold my 18" :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz
i've also heard that their next batch of stock is only coming in may. but then maybe its just their tactic to get ppl to put down a deposit ASAP

Yep dealer told me that my sport was arriving around may (next shippment)

thats what the salesman told me, he said if you dont put a deposit on one in the next week or so, there will be a 4 month wait. i thought he was just trying get get a deposit from me.

am going back today, salesman keeps calling me. i think he will sell for 24000 driveaway for Black VTI Manual on the road with free mats and free tint. thats what i offered him on the phone. he told me to come down and talk to him. so going today. fingers cross

type one
21-03-2006, 11:33 AM
hmmmm to answer how the car looks without a grill... mean - but the radiator shows so it needs some meshing or alterantively a mugen grill...

i am looking forward to bedding the engine in then giving it soe stick... feels like it has plenty of stick to give hahaha...

MKI4EVA
21-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey anyone with a vti or vti-L manual want to run a sport manual?

let me know........

ROFL.

This is a joke. But if it wasn't a joke the meeting place would have been cumberland hungery Jacks this sat around 7pm.

blk vti
21-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk vti
stud pattern is 5x114.3

Thanks! VOLK RIMS here I come!

what a great little car, cant believe it has 5 stud pattern. too bad i sold my 18" :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz
i've also heard that their next batch of stock is only coming in may. but then maybe its just their tactic to get ppl to put down a deposit ASAP

Yep dealer told me that my sport was arriving around may (next shippment)

thats what the salesman told me, he said if you dont put a deposit on one in the next week or so, there will be a 4 month wait. i thought he was just trying get get a deposit from me.

am going back today, salesman keeps calling me. i think he will sell for 24000 driveaway for Black VTI Manual on the road with free mats and free tint. thats what i offered him on the phone. he told me to come down and talk to him. so going today. fingers cross
the next ship arrives today or tomorrow, so i would say that most of the stock is already sold if thats what the sales people are saying. you could just do a ring around & see if this is the case.

UNLS1
21-03-2006, 02:56 PM
yup the stock is getting very tight....

we just got a purple sport auto....very hard to get atm! we only have a few left now...

JaCe
21-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I also heard the next stock is in May because they said if I didn't want to take the black VTi-L in the showroom, I'd have to wait until May for delivery of totally brand new.

Jr
21-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Iv just had a interesting phone call apparently Honda here in WA cant get white Sport, and are now apply to Honda Australia about getting one shipped in the May / June shipment. WTF im not going to have to wait more than 4 months, Not good service i say but it will be worth the wait.

T-onedc2
21-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Yep stock is very tight, test drove one with a mate on saturday. Dealer said all they have is demo's and that day the last demo Sport model went. Will not be keeping stocks, only ordering from Japan with a $500 deposit and 6-12 week wait now as demand is so strong.

hotboxcivic
21-03-2006, 06:26 PM
does black vti manual for $24000 sound good? no extras.

Fizz
21-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Yep stock is very tight, test drove one with a mate on saturday. Dealer said all they have is demo's and that day the last demo Sport model went. Will not be keeping stocks, only ordering from Japan with a $500 deposit and 6-12 week wait now as demand is so strong.

Honda australia sources its new civics from thailand, not japan ;)

T-onedc2
21-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda australia sources its new civics from thailand, not japan ;)
oops, forgot :o

blk vti
21-03-2006, 06:39 PM
well actually they do order through japan, then honda japan logistics takes care of the rest.

i brought this up before but i once ordered a astra (current model) & had to wait 4 months for it.

it's always gonna be tough to please everybody, also the fact that the factory has to serve the rest of asia also. the best bet would be if you want one is to pick 2-3 colours in the model you want then the dealer has a more of a chance of getting you a car sooner perhaps.

Jr
21-03-2006, 06:45 PM
True but its just white in WA that they cant get, i could have a civic sport in any other colour tommrow but i will wait for white :D

hondarox
21-03-2006, 07:44 PM
thought i'd add a quick post regarding fuel milage. i've filled up 3 times now. First tank i got 456km out of 40L, thus giving 8.772L/100km.

Second tank, I got 497.5km out of 41.88L thus giving 8.42L/100km. I'm quite impressed with these figures. Also, I have driven harder on the second tank of fuel. I filled up just now with a tank of premium so it will be interesting to see if the results are affected. On paper the civic sport should get 7.9L/100km so its not doing too bad!

Also, after the first 1000k service, i decided to give it a bit of stick. My last car was a 1995 Prelude VTi-R. At first, pushing the civic I didn't think it felt all that quick compared to the prelude, till i looked at the speedo and what felt like 50k/hour turned out to be about 105k/h at not quite redline in second gear! I was quite impressed :)

Your fuel figures are good.
In 1996, I bought a brand new Civic VTi auto with CVT. I monitored the petrol consumption for exactly a year. On average, I was able to travel 13.5 km for every litre of petrol. The CVT was a real petrol saver.

MKI4EVA
21-03-2006, 08:31 PM

She goes doesn't she..........hehehhe.

I find 3rd gear drops off abit though.

I love hitting it around 4,500rpm........heaps of torque.

Yeh I'm pretty happy that fuel economy, it's very good. Much better than the euro but obviously due to smaller motor as well.

I might have to test my assumption that a delsol can beat the sport very soon. :D

JaCe
21-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I like the drive (in auto) for the new Civic... but the sourcing from Thailand is to keep prices low 'coz of FTA isn't it? But we don't get stability control :(

blk vti
21-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I like the drive (in auto) for the new Civic... but the sourcing from Thailand is to keep prices low 'coz of FTA isn't it? But we don't get stability control :(
stability control hey :eek: honestly go & do an advance driving course for a week you will never look back.

HILLuZ
21-03-2006, 09:57 PM
She goes doesn't she..........hehehhe.

I find 3rd gear drops off abit though.

I love hitting it around 4,500rpm........heaps of torque.

Yeh I'm pretty happy that fuel economy, it's very good. Much better than the euro but obviously due to smaller motor as well.

I might have to test my assumption that a delsol can beat the sport very soon. :D

yeah i find it to be pretty torquy between 3000-4000 too. i dunno about 3rd dropping off lol, with 2nd hitting 110k/h roughly before hitting redline, i havn't played much with pushing it in 3rd! :P

fuel economy will hopefuly get even better!

MKI4EVA
22-03-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah i find it to be pretty torquy between 3000-4000 too. i dunno about 3rd dropping off lol, with 2nd hitting 110k/h roughly before hitting redline, i havn't played much with pushing it in 3rd! :P

fuel economy will hopefuly get even better!

put it this way.........redline third and you'd be abit scared if you really look outside to gauge how fast your going.......

I'm just waitting for the clutch to bed in before I start launching it.......going to see how it does vs SP23.

type one
22-03-2006, 08:35 AM
good point... it has required a bit of adjusting to get used to a car which goes but makes no sound... the ITR and EG both gave a good growl on launch... this civic is a bit quiet for my liking hehe

EK9_boi
22-03-2006, 08:36 AM
straightline is all good but corners are way more fun! ;) I'm more interested in the cornering capabilities of the Sport - have you guys had the chance to do any downhill runs yet?

cheers

HILLuZ
22-03-2006, 08:39 AM
put it this way.........redline third and you'd be abit scared if you really look outside to gauge how fast your going.......

I'm just waitting for the clutch to bed in before I start launching it.......going to see how it does vs SP23.

should be very even i would think

EK9_boi
22-03-2006, 08:40 AM
good point... it has required a bit of adjusting to get used to a car which goes but makes no sound... the ITR and EG both gave a good growl on launch... this civic is a bit quiet for my liking hehe

Hehe, my gf doesn't appreciate exhaust notes like we do - to her it's classified as intrusive noise! :p but having said that, a quite car can seriously improve your love life! ;) (and no, I didn't mean sex either! :angel: )

type one
22-03-2006, 08:43 AM
hahaha - it goes without saying that a new honda would corner well... tut tut...

chassis is strong and steerign gives great feedback...

EK9_boi
22-03-2006, 08:51 AM
hahaha - it goes without saying that a new honda would corner well... tut tut...

chassis is strong and steerign gives great feedback...

I guess I'll find out once I can drive again... :( so can't wait... "sorry officer, I was just delivering tofu..." hehe

blk vti
22-03-2006, 09:16 AM
how are people finding the vti manual?

type one
22-03-2006, 10:21 AM
i love my vti manual... just a bit bigger than i am used to... dash is too long IMO and makes it hard to judge distance... other than that it is great!

needs rims and sussy and i am good to go!

MKI4EVA
22-03-2006, 12:35 PM
wonder if theres much diff in speed wise between vti and sport......because the sport is heavier.

EK9_boi
22-03-2006, 12:40 PM
80kg in fact (that's a whole person, or 2 asian girls :p, j/k). engine may offset the weight a little, but I suspect that the end is still the same - the Sports would be only a little faster than the vti owing to DOHC...GT strip the car if ya worried! hehe! ;)

cheers

blk vti
22-03-2006, 02:19 PM
wow the vti is only 1190kg :) i just checked the specs again wow would never think so by looking at it.

EK9_boi
22-03-2006, 02:25 PM
wow the vti is only 1190kg :) i just checked the specs again wow would never think so by looking at it.

told ya the Sport's 1 chump or 2 asian chicks heavier! ;)

MKI4EVA
22-03-2006, 02:25 PM

are you in syd?

blk vti
22-03-2006, 04:05 PM
no, i live down the coast, but i do travel to syd at least once a month.

blk vti
24-03-2006, 04:40 PM
received phone call this afternoon, car should be ready to pick up tuesday.

just thought i'd share

EK9_boi
24-03-2006, 04:41 PM
COOL!!! Photos please!!!

cheers

MKI4EVA
25-03-2006, 06:30 PM
received phone call this afternoon, car should be ready to pick up tuesday.

just thought i'd share

Nice..........enjoy.

Hey guys, does the civic have any sort of traction control? we spoke of this before and I don't think it does (hope this isn't a dumb question).

hondarox
25-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice..........enjoy.

Hey guys, does the civic have any sort of traction control? we spoke of this before and I don't think it does (hope this isn't a dumb question).

The OZ Civic range don't have ESP or traction control. But it does have ABS and EBD. I was more interested in getting a car with ESP, so I paid a little extra for the Euro Std auto instead of getting the Civic Sport.

blk vti
25-03-2006, 10:43 PM
please no one flame me but what is it with people & esp? sorry just don't like the idea of an electronic devise taking over when you get a bit side ways :D

EK9_boi
25-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Cos not everyone has trained themselves to dial in some countersteer in a critical situation! Most just freak when their car doesn't go where it's being pointed!

HILLuZ
25-03-2006, 11:59 PM
yeah, esp is good for old farts, but give me control of my own car anyday! i don't care how good they say it is, its still an inferior computer controlled solution programmed by an inferior human :P

blk vti
26-03-2006, 04:21 PM
yeah, esp is good for old farts, but give me control of my own car anyday! i don't care how good they say it is, its still an inferior computer controlled solution programmed by an inferior human :P
lol, i do agree here.

MKI4EVA
26-03-2006, 07:52 PM
lol, i do agree here.

gawd, have either of you two driven the euro in very wet conditions for starters?..........the honda-euro ESP system is pretty awesome........I mean at least try it before you knock it.

it's a system that gives you balls or saves your a$$ in the wet.........I'd rather have it than not.

anyhow, I'm going to run the sport down the 1/4mile to see what times it can do for the hell of it when we get to around 5Kkm mark..........I reckon high 15's.

EK9_boi
27-03-2006, 10:59 AM
gawd, have either of you two driven the euro in very wet conditions for starters?..........the honda-euro ESP system is pretty awesome........I mean at least try it before you knock it.

it's a system that gives you balls or saves your a$$ in the wet.........I'd rather have it than not.

It all depends on your style, some like it forwards or sideways...driving that is... ;) wet is always fun! :p

cheers

type one
27-03-2006, 12:15 PM
sideways in a fwd (on the street)? that's called bad driving :)

EK9_boi
27-03-2006, 12:21 PM
sideways in a fwd (on the street)? that's called bad driving :)

Handbrakes are not just for parking my friend! ;) A little bit of countersteer won't hurt! :cool:

Scandrew
27-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Saw a black civic sport sold sitting at the Peter Warren Honda dealership in Warwick Farm. Had the factory bodykit and konig? rims on it I think? was hot.

EK9_boi
27-03-2006, 12:46 PM
drool................................. :p I need my licence back so I can go to the dealer!!! :(

blk vti
28-03-2006, 11:07 PM
civic received. tell you what i like it.

EK9_boi
29-03-2006, 07:31 AM
civic received. tell you what i like it.

come on, you're a bit slow with the pics my friend! :p j/k Hope you enjoy you new car! ;)

cheers

blk vti
29-03-2006, 07:40 AM
if i could find the charger for the camera i could :p

type one
29-03-2006, 07:55 AM
how do u like the gearbox blkvti? pretty slick eh?

blk vti
29-03-2006, 08:07 AM
yes it is, when i test drove the car you don't really pay attention to these type of thing's cause your often to busy chatting to the salesman & the mrs.

it rained on the way home so i got to test the wipers also.

HILLuZ
29-03-2006, 02:52 PM
yes it is, when i test drove the car you don't really pay attention to these type of thing's cause your often to busy chatting to the salesman & the mrs.

it rained on the way home so i got to test the wipers also.

sounds like the day i picked my car up, was one of the wettest, craziest days i've seen in ages! and it rained for the week after i picked it up too! wasn't impressed!

but i was and still am impressed with the car. gearbox is silllllky smooth!

type one
29-03-2006, 03:06 PM
stick a better gear knob on it and boy its like, click, click, click between gears... just the way i like it.... IMO better than the '99 S2K box...

chylld
29-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I ordered a civic sports auto early march :) paid 36.5k OTR for the car plus:
- floor mats
- premium plates
- window tint
- exterior glaze
- leather protectant
- reverse sensors

the first 3 i got free, the last 3 as a package for $1500... the glaze and leather protectant come with lifetime warranty so yeah can't complain; this car has to last me many years :)

will be taking delivery early april hopefully, will post pics when i get it!

i have to agree with what a lot of people say, for the price of the sports auto u can get a euro, but for me the civic interior was better and i've been driving my friend's euro for about a month to see if i could get used to it and i just never felt comfortable (lower back pain, never happened in any other car, adjusting the lumbar support didn't help). that said they're both awesome cars and you can't really go wrong with either.

hondarox
29-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I ordered a civic sports auto early march :) paid 36.5k OTR for the car plus:
- floor mats
- premium plates
- window tint
- exterior glaze
- leather protectant
- reverse sensors

the first 3 i got free, the last 3 as a package for $1500... the glaze and leather protectant come with lifetime warranty so yeah can't complain; this car has to last me many years :)

will be taking delivery early april hopefully, will post pics when i get it!

i have to agree with what a lot of people say, for the price of the sports auto u can get a euro, but for me the civic interior was better and i've been driving my friend's euro for about a month to see if i could get used to it and i just never felt comfortable (lower back pain, never happened in any other car, adjusting the lumbar support didn't help). that said they're both awesome cars and you can't really go wrong with either.

Yes, for $38K driveaway, you could also get the new RAV4 Cruiser auto which is also selling like hot cakes.

booget
29-03-2006, 08:33 PM
You'll win easily on fuel economy

what colour did you order?

chylld
29-03-2006, 09:35 PM
booget: misty violet. i've had a black car already so am a bit over black; plus the violet looks black at night time anyway :)

i think once you've narrowed the price down to a manageable range, it's really a matter of subjective judgement. for me the civic's interior styling, leather, sunroof, and 6-stack mp3 player were the key selling points.

type one
30-03-2006, 02:27 PM

i will add to this - (Vti) first full tank after half dealership tank got 525 out of 41.90L using shell premium 95... 7.98L/100km.... relatively light footed never going above 5k in each gear :)

i am quite happy with this fuel economy.

MKI4EVA
30-03-2006, 03:27 PM
i will add to this - (Vti) first full tank after half dealership tank got 525 out of 41.90L using shell premium 95... 7.98L/100km.... relatively light footed never going above 5k in each gear :)

i am quite happy with this fuel economy.

pretty impressive.........no need for diesel as like with VW are doing.

EK9_boi
31-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Now that some of you have the new civic, what is the Chassis code? for you car?

cheers

marcus
31-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Fd1 R18a

HILLuZ
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
hey guys, after using my tank of premium, i got a figure of 8.22L/100km which isn't a whole lot better than the tank of regular. However i found the car to be more responsive and run smoother running on premium. But with those figures, it IS more cost effective to put regular unleaded in.

zoomzoom
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
hi, i'm getting a new vti auto as well. first time getting a new car, was wondering how good are paint and rust protection? i know it's got lifetime warranty and it's quite expensive so anyone knows anything abt it would be cool...

and also i was thinking of adding a body kit for the new vti but the prices i got quoted is like $1700-1800 for the front, side and rear skirts. is that worth it? or should i wait awhile for aftermarket body kit?

thanks! :D

chylld
02-04-2006, 10:14 PM
i personally didn't order the rust protection with my car, i only plan on keeping it for about 6-10 years and it shouldn't have any problems by then.

i did go for the paint protection though (my dealer called it 'glaze') and you can actually feel and see the difference; the saleswoman showed me one of the cars in the showroom with glaze and it was so smooth to touch my hand slipped right off it - the one without had a more coarse texture. the glaze also gives the car a mirror-like finish :) that said, i consider it purely bling factor, and not a form of protection, so it's entirely up to you.

Fizz
03-04-2006, 10:45 AM
hi, i'm getting a new vti auto as well. first time getting a new car, was wondering how good are paint and rust protection? i know it's got lifetime warranty and it's quite expensive so anyone knows anything abt it would be cool...

and also i was thinking of adding a body kit for the new vti but the prices i got quoted is like $1700-1800 for the front, side and rear skirts. is that worth it? or should i wait awhile for aftermarket body kit?

thanks! :D

paint protection with lifetime warranty? how much and what does the warranty cover?

UNLS1
03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
we have a scratch and dent warranty with our paint protection! its real good coz u can get ur scratches and dents out for like $20 with unlimited claims!
Its called 5th Dimension

MiSloVic
03-04-2006, 01:55 PM
i personally didn't order the rust protection with my car, i only plan on keeping it for about 6-10 years and it shouldn't have any problems by then.
yeah agree.. new cars comes with rust warranty for the first 6 or 10 yrs already, so, it does not really make sense to double cover that. anyway, in our dry weather, rust seldom happen in modern cars..

Fizz
03-04-2006, 02:04 PM
are there any aftermarket panel filters already available for the new 1.8 civic? probably K&N or Mugen? anyone know where to get them and how much?

EK9_boi
03-04-2006, 02:19 PM
are there any aftermarket panel filters already available for the new 1.8 civic? probably K&N or Mugen? anyone know where to get them and how much?

Yes: http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/ (You'll need Flash to view, get it here (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash) )

Price: Y10500 (about $124.65AUD), Pt#: 17220-XKP-0000

distributor? no clue :(

cheers

type one
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
so hard to find after market parts... suspension no no... exhaust no no... intake no no...

only can get rims... grrrrr....

EK9_boi
04-04-2006, 10:23 AM
so hard to find after market parts... suspension no no... exhaust no no... intake no no...

only can get rims... grrrrr....

hey dude, have you checked the link above? :confused:

Mugen has exhaust and brake upgrades, with suspension to come soon - part numbers and prices exist already for some parts at this site! ;)

cheers

type one
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
yeah man... i have checked... but i want sth more accessible.

Pokiou
04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
hmmm i rather the american spec one .. the SI which doe some pathetic reason is not being released here and if it is.. its not on the website which sucks :/....

Pok

Jr
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Type one there are full cat back systems for sedans, intake and springs for the new civic. Mainly from the usa. they also have a sedan. type 8thgencivic.com lots of info there.

EK9_boi
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
hmmm i rather the american spec one .. the SI which doe some pathetic reason is not being released here and if it is.. its not on the website which sucks :/....

Pok

It's unique to the US. the Asian spec one looks HEAPS better IMO. US headlights and rear looks crap. There are few US designed cars that I find appealing aesthetically though... :o

Honda Aus hints at a possible Type S or even Type R, think about it, JDM gets the best models BUT they on have 1.8L versions at this stage, which also hints at the development of something a bit more performance focused. ;)

Cheers

Pokiou
04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
well what they need is a new CRX ... 800 kilo car with a 2ltr vtec that pushs out about 150kw :)

now we are talking about a nice car and NON of this crap EURO styling .. i want it to look like the good old delsol or EG civic or ed9 crx... all the new gen cars are to poofy soft...

Pok

EK9_boi
04-04-2006, 02:30 PM
well what they need is a new CRX ... 800 kilo car with a 2ltr vtec that pushs out about 150kw :)

now we are talking about a nice car and NON of this crap EURO styling .. i want it to look like the good old delsol or EG civic or ed9 crx... all the new gen cars are to poofy soft...

Pok

Unlikely to ever happen with the trend that Honda, ahem, most of the Japanese market has taken for the last few years.

PaZzMaN-R
04-04-2006, 06:49 PM
jap cars need to go back to being jap cars while concentrating more on performance again:)

Phantasm
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
I drove the new civic sport the other day, found it more like my mums honda jazz than my ek4 in performance and handling... wasnt too impressed.
Leather interior is nice, but i dont really think the car is desrving of the sporty name. A more powerful variant would be nice, but u can already spin up in first in even the auto version of the sport.. so they need traction control or something for any more power. Great cruising car tho if thats what your afer.

iigrover
06-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Biggest discount off new Civic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased the VTi-L through www.betterdeal.com.au, i got $1300 of the car, delivery this weekend.
what is the standard sort of discount people are receiving?

Was that the discount off RRP or your starting price for the Auction? ...and what starting price did you set for the auction?

Edit: Spelling

Fizz
06-04-2006, 01:17 PM
i noticed on their website that the starting auction price is the same as RRP. so what was your total driveaway price? was it for metallic and what was included in the deal?

iigrover
06-04-2006, 01:29 PM
My reading of the website is that you set the Auction Starting Price as the best quote you have received from a dealer and the price goes down from there....

How Much Will It Cost?

The only cost to you is 10% of the saving from the Auction Start Price (ASP). This ASP is a price below the RRP of the car, which is the starting point of the auction, which means you are already guaranteed to save money! You will be charged 10% of the saving from the ASP, for example, if the RRP is $40,000, the ASP $38,000 and the auction finishes at $36,000, you will be charged $200, and half of the fee $100, will be refunded to you, when you purchase the car from the winning dealer, meaning the only cost to you is $100.

But this aside, I agree with what you're getting at Fizz - its the driveaway price that matters. Details, details, please.... :-)

type one
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Type one there are full cat back systems for sedans, intake and springs for the new civic. Mainly from the usa. they also have a sedan. type 8thgencivic.com lost of info there.

thanks dude.

MKI4EVA
07-04-2006, 04:08 PM
saw a nice black 06civic yesterday in city with new big rims and stock kit.......couldn't tell if it was a sports or not.

EK9_boi
07-04-2006, 04:52 PM
saw a nice black 06civic yesterday in city with new big rims and stock kit.......couldn't tell if it was a sports or not.

did it have side mirror indicators? that's a Sport's exclusive item. :)

cheers

HHOONNDDAA
08-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I have not got the time to read 20 pages long! this is a hot thread!
So what is the DRIVE AWAY PRICE of a SPORT CIVIC MANUAL with Metallic Paint. Any extras you also tried to get off the dealer?

Another thing is, is it possible for the moderator break up the CIVIC section to EG, EK and the new 8th Gen, cause makes info find much more easier.

Thank you.

chylld
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
from Hornsby Honda in Sydney:
drive-away price for manual civic sport with metallic paint, window tint and premium plates: 33,000
auto = 35,000 (what i got, but i added a bit more :) )

HHOONNDDAA
08-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I wonder how much this baby gonna be if it does make it to production and australian land.

http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/dominator/

K20A supercharged 221KW!!!

Hmm, does any one know what engine is in a 8th Gen Sport? K20A?

zoomzoom
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
paint protection with lifetime warranty? how much and what does the warranty cover?

hmm.. i know it's call defence pak. it's got paint / glaze protection. protects against bird shit/tree sap etc. prevents car paint from dulling. they'll respray should it not be glossy and shiny for life.

well i got the paint protection as a package (includes tint, rust protection and fabric protection) with tinting and rust protection. cost me a bl__dy $1650. that's why i'm thinking of removing something (like rust) to save $.

moreover, i don't know how good it is.

type-vtec
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
it would b nice if there was a type r version

IronPriapism
10-04-2006, 01:07 AM
picked my black VTI up on tuesday... real nice, fun to drive.. was driving thru nite club strip, fcuking native decides he'll kick my car, have a small dent in it now!!! FCUK!!!!

HHOONNDDAA
10-04-2006, 06:58 AM
wat on earth? which night club strip???

type one
10-04-2006, 09:00 AM
I wonder how much this baby gonna be if it does make it to production and australian land.

http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/dominator/

K20A supercharged 221KW!!!

Hmm, does any one know what engine is in a 8th Gen Sport? K20A?

de-tuned K20A.

HHOONNDDAA
10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I am a total NOOB to this, does the Integra Type S has a K20A in there? make the 150kw range?

if so
Any idea if it would be possible to retune the civic sport back to type S spec? re-tune...

Jr
10-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Correct me if im wrong but i do belive that the k20 in the civic has vtec only on the intake cam, while the type s has both intake and exh...

EK9_boi
10-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I am a total NOOB to this, does the Integra Type S has a K20A in there? make the 150kw range?

if so
Any idea if it would be possible to retune the civic sport back to type S spec? re-tune...

Just to clarify, the Sport actually has a K20A "variant" it's NOT the K20A per se. But with re-tuning, it's not just a matter of plug and play. Things to think about would include:

ECU (ignition time, camshaft timing, vtec, etc), engine internals, fuel pumps & rails, etc.

cheers

IronPriapism
10-04-2006, 01:18 PM
wat on earth? which night club strip???

Northbridge, james st. i use to ignore the natives shit.. but now any even look at me the wrong way... too many times!

Fizz
10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
anyone can tell me what headlight globe the new civic is using? H4?

kn_19_ht
10-04-2006, 03:30 PM
im not sure on the light..
i jus ordered a black vti manual :p
im thinking to change to HID..
ive planned alot of other things as well..
bt its gonna tk a bit of time.

wat about u guys..
wats ur plans with the civic?
and any other options for us..
aside from the factory kit..
anyone doing the mugen dominator kit?...

Vivski
10-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm so disappointed we're not getting the hatch. I reckon it looks really good and I definitely would have considered it for my next car.

Here's the Fifth Gear review if you haven't seen it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=280723957717355448

HHOONNDDAA
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
very nice review

Shinta_S
11-04-2006, 12:39 AM
i bought a 2006 civic 1 mth ago...they wer real tite with discounts....no dealer is letting anyone off with discounts excepts discounts on accessories. ended up getting a manual vti-L for 29k inc. tiniting and paint protection. but i think they worth it