PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

viett
15-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Haha sorry for rubbing it in.. :) How long have u had ur ep3 for and has it been like that since u got it?

HAHA nah man it's all good :P

I've had my car for about a month now, it's been like that since day 1.

Might just finish off I/H/E and then probably save up for K pro and tune, hopefully it'll fix the problem.

doosra
15-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Mines got i/h/e as well and still good.. Did u have a look at spark plugs at least?

viett
15-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Mines got i/h/e as well and still good.. Did u have a look at spark plugs at least?

Yeah I had a look at my spark plugs and they seemed fine, not too long till I replace them so I hope things go better from there.

What I/H/E are you running? :D

doosra
15-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Injen/plm/tegiwa

UNA91
22-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Looking to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines, what would you guys recommend? HEL, Goodridge or SFS?

dnapol
25-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Looking to upgrade to stainless steel brake lines, what would you guys recommend? HEL, Goodridge or SFS?

I'm running APP Racign braided lines from JDM Yard, worked a treat at the track

UNA91
06-04-2013, 09:29 PM
After a cold start, when shifting into second gear the car jerks abit, but also has this 'whirring' sound, like say the car jerks 3 times, it'll be like... 'whirr whirr whirrr' but once the car warms up its all smooth :S

Also during idle with the stereo off, i can hear this feint chattering sound, and when i put my clutch it for about a second or two it disappears... i've heard ot flywheel chatter when people install lightweight flywheels so could it be due to the lighter flywheel the jdm ep3 has? I've also noticed that if i put the car in reverse immediately after depressing the clutch there is a nasty grind, so i have to usually hold the clutch in for a second or two then it goes in smoothly :S

DreadAngel
07-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Thrust Bearing or Gearbox Bearing perhaps?

When the nasty grind happens, does it still go into gear fine or is it stubborn and feels like your clutch isn't disengaged properly to allow the change?

joshep3
07-04-2013, 08:40 AM
****kk, me jelly bro.

Very jelly!!

viett
08-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey does anyone know what the EPS light means? And my fuel thingy is broken, it's just empty and has the light on, anyone know how to fix this ?

dnapol
08-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Question!
When I re install a new cam cover, do I just use the rubber gasket? Is there any special sealant I need to use?
Much help needed, thanks

Symphorced
08-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Question!
When I re install a new cam cover, do I just use the rubber gasket? Is there any special sealant I need to use?
Much help needed, thanks

Place a dab of sealant on each corner.

UNA91
10-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Anyone know the go with fitting jdm brembos on our ep3? Is it a direct fit after i get s2k rotors and some brackets made or do i really have to get the entire dc5 assembly like the lcas and stuff? Otherwise its just too much hassle lol

Symphorced
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Anyone know the go with fitting jdm brembos on our ep3? Is it a direct fit after i get s2k rotors and some brackets made or do i really have to get the entire dc5 assembly like the lcas and stuff? Otherwise its just too much hassle lol

You won't need full JDM DC5 brake assembly. From what I've read it's just the S2K rotors.

dnapol
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Dc5 big brake brackets fit on ep3. My harrop bbk from a dc5 bolted straight up with the new rotors and extended studs

UNA91
11-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Been reading everywhere people needing dc5 knucles lcas and all that :S but maybe thats just for the non jdm ep3s... also i heard that the front wheel fitment will be all whack lol

Symphorced
11-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Been reading everywhere people needing dc5 knucles lcas and all that :S but maybe thats just for the non jdm ep3s... also i heard that the front wheel fitment will be all whack lol

Would be whack if you use the entire JDM DC5 brake assembly as it has completely different offset. Won't be able to run aggressive spec wheels at all.

dnapol
13-04-2013, 12:19 PM
My bbk added 10mm to my offset due to the hat on the rotor being thicker. Thus, I know run a +40 instead of a +30 as my effective offset right now is +30

lemmiwinks
15-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know how to wire up remote central locking to a JDM EP3R? I've a USDM EP3 service manual, but it's no use at all as the JDM EP3's don't have "Multiplex Control Units"
To make it even easier for me, which wires would I wire these to:

UNLOCK-NO
UNLOCK-COM
UNLOCK-NC
LOCK-NC
LOCK-COM
LOCK-NO

:)

viett
15-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Anyone here using Hardrace engine mounts? How long does it take to install and how much would it cost to install at a mechanic?

doosra
15-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Anyone here using Hardrace engine mounts? How long does it take to install and how much would it cost to install at a mechanic?

I'm using mugen mounts and hasport rear mount. Cost me $250 to install professionally.

viett
15-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh wow $250?! I was quoted 5 hours at $90 hour.

doosra
15-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Takes about 2-3 hours. Are u based in Sydney? Go to Top One or Good Performance Centre, whichever is closest.

viett
15-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately I'm not, i'll have a talk to my mechanic but yeah 5 hours does seem abit unreasonable for engine mounts.

Would it be really hard to install myself?

lemmiwinks
15-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately I'm not, i'll have a talk to my mechanic but yeah 5 hours does seem abit unreasonable for engine mounts.

Should be able to do it yourself, provided you have the right tools. Change the engine mounts one at a time and support it with a jack and yellow pages in between to avoid any damage to the sump / gearbox.
Takes me about an hour or so to change 3 of them..

UNA91
15-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Breaker bars and wd40 will be your best friend

Twest
17-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Im currently looking for a primary sensor but can only seem to get one from honda and they want $450. If anyone has a part number either denso or another brand that would be awesome.

Hi,
Part number is 36531-PRB-A01 for the JDM Honda ep3 sensor. Denso has an aftermarket replacement but from what I've heard your fuel economy will suffer as the denso makes it run a LITTLE bit richer. I wouldn't recommend using the AUDM DC5 sensor as it is a different part number and I'm pretty sure it's not a wideband like the JDM ep3 sensor. Also don't cut the wires on the sensor side you are better off extending it on the connector side...TBH you are better off not extending it at all as by extending the wire you are changing the resistance thus making the o2 sensor give an off reading. Just buy the right sensor.

If anyone wants sensors I can get them for around $250-280, if we can do a group buy it will be the lower. That's for a genuine Honda sensor.

Cheers,

Twest
17-04-2013, 06:14 AM
I have a moth stuck in my headlight... I hope it doesn't die in there lol

Anyway, has anyone tried 'seafoam' on their cars? Apparently the australian alternative for it is "subaru upper engine cleaner" from subaru or 'nulon foaming intake cleaner'. Both work the same to clean out the carbon, applied the same and does the smoke show and all...

I've used the subaru upper engine cleaner and I thought it was the best stuff everr!! ...until I used the wurth system cleaner and realised how much better it was. And yes you get all the carbon deposits flying out of the exhaust and the black smoke and crap. They are both fairly good but like all Wurth Products it is far superior. Made the car more responsive and even felt like it got through the revs a bit smoother. :)

geeang
18-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Get in on some good bits EP3 crowd!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174222-BRAND-NEW-EP3-Type-R-Parts!-Function7-DBA-Goodridge-etc.!!

Poeter
18-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Should be able to do it yourself, provided you have the right tools. Change the engine mounts one at a time and support it with a jack and yellow pages in between to avoid any damage to the sump / gearbox.
Takes me about an hour or so to change 3 of them..

I believe changing the front and rear are the most annoying ones as it takes time to wiggle the mounts out and wiggle the new back in.

I've got mugen mounts waiting to install. Any reckon it's a better idea to DIY the left and right engine mount and then leave the front and rear to the top-one or any mechanic? I'm estimating this would probably save 25-30% of the labour involved.

Symphorced
18-04-2013, 11:00 AM
I believe changing the front and rear are the most annoying ones as it takes time to wiggle the mounts out and wiggle the new back in.

I've got mugen mounts waiting to install. Any reckon it's a better idea to DIY the left and right engine mount and then leave the front and rear to the top-one or any mechanic? I'm estimating this would probably save 25-30% of the labour involved.

I've been told by more than one person that passenger side/gearbox mount is the most annoying one. Did my rear mount just two nights agi. Wasn't too bad except for having to remove headers to access the mount bolts.

UNA91
20-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Looking to change my brake fluid since i bought some HEL brake lines. Would it be worth going for the Motul RBF (dot 4, around 312 degrees dry boiling point? and super exxy...) or would just normal dot 4 or 5.1 fluid (around 275-280 deg) be enough?

I do alot daily and spirited driving but no track work, would i be seeing those temperatures on say a very long drive or going on twisty mountains?

bennjamin
20-04-2013, 12:52 PM

one guy should be able to change all 4 mounts in around 2 hrs give or take. Front is the hardest - rear and sides piss easy.

If you are in Syd. ill change all 4 for $150

UNA91
20-04-2013, 04:25 PM
For some reason my windscreen mist washers have gone whack... only like 20% of the water reaches the windscreen, others just seems to spray the roof and the side of my car... its not clogged or anything

viett
21-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I realized that when I drive from a cold start, my car feels faster; especially when just on the fixing point it seems to roll faster but as soon as the temp goes higher and my engine begins to warm up, the car feels slower but mostly noticeable when rolling on the fixing point in gear one. Anyone have any idea what's going on with my car?

Poeter
21-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I realized that when I drive from a cold start, my car feels faster; especially when just on the fixing point it seems to roll faster but as soon as the temp goes higher and my engine begins to warm up, the car feels slower but mostly noticeable when rolling on the fixing point in gear one. Anyone have any idea what's going on with my car?

Hmm, possibly 02 sensor going bad.

When the engine is cold, it should run on open loop and rely on the ecu mapping and not the sensor. Once engine is warm, it runs closed loop for part throttle, and relies on the 02 sensor maintain stoichmetric Afr

viett
21-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Hmm, possibly 02 sensor going bad.

When the engine is cold, it should run on open loop and rely on the ecu mapping and not the sensor. Once engine is warm, it runs closed loop for part throttle, and relies on the 02 sensor maintain stoichmetric Afr

thanks for the help, would you recommend changing the primary O2 sensor?

Poeter
21-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Probably ask a mechanics opinions first and if he also thinks its possible, probably should inspect it first as these sensors are not cheap

UNA91
21-04-2013, 11:06 PM

By fixing point do you mean clutch biting point? I thought on a cold start the car runs heaps richer and would be a little more responsive, and because your idle is higher on a cold start the biting point would be as if you're revving to move? ...if that makes sense

Question: anyone know if a KPRO made on a AUDM DC5 ecu would plug straight into the JDM EP3?

kenny07
22-04-2013, 11:31 AM
one guy should be able to change all 4 mounts in around 2 hrs give or take. Front is the hardest - rear and sides piss easy.

If you are in Syd. ill change all 4 for $150

i know who to go to next time when i get my mounts changed! :D

LD_Mart
22-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Question: anyone know if a KPRO made on a AUDM DC5 ecu would plug straight into the JDM EP3?

I dont know but i got a haltech platinum pro in my EP3 now which im about to sell. Tuned to 139kw by TODA so PM if ur interested

viett
22-04-2013, 10:50 PM
By fixing point do you mean clutch biting point? I thought on a cold start the car runs heaps richer and would be a little more responsive, and because your idle is higher on a cold start the biting point would be as if you're revving to move? ...if that makes sense

Ohh yeah I get it, thanks for the help, guess there isn't really any problem :P

viett
24-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Really starting to finish touching up the minor imperfections of my car, maybe ready for my first engine modification.

Already got Toda exhaust system up to cat, kind of on a low budget $300-$800, best bang for buck?

Suggestions please :)

doosra
24-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Really starting to finish touching up the minor imperfections of my car, maybe ready for my first engine modification.

Already got Toda exhaust system up to cat, kind of on a low budget $300-$800, best bang for buck?

Suggestions please :)

Injen intake and some headers, PLM headers are good bang for buck

butterfingers
24-04-2013, 10:36 AM
has anyone had a flat battery from not driving for a month?

i wanna know if its normal, and simply the immobiliser draining the power or if my batt is leaky. New batt as well

Symphorced
24-04-2013, 10:50 AM

i wanna know if its normal, and simply the immobiliser draining the power or if my batt is leaky. New batt as well

If you have your battery connected without driving for an extended period of time - it will drain.

butterfingers
24-04-2013, 10:53 AM
If you have your battery connected without driving for an extended period of time - it will drain.

in just under a month though?

doosra
24-04-2013, 11:32 AM
in just under a month though?

Yeah battery will drain if u don't drive for a while. Don't know specifics on time frame but I'd say a month will do, especially if there's alarm

butterfingers
24-04-2013, 01:20 PM
cheers, just wanted to know if it was normal or if the batt was leaking as well

Symphorced
24-04-2013, 01:30 PM
cheers, just wanted to know if it was normal or if the batt was leaking as well

Would be pretty easy to tell if your battery is leaking... you'd see a whole lot of rust on your battery tray/stay.

viett
26-04-2013, 04:25 PM
hey anyone tried running D2 racing coilovers? are they good or bad compared to BC BR?

DreadAngel
26-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Yup, especially in winter...

hey anyone tried running D2 racing coilovers? are they good or bad compared to BC BR?

Bad...

dnapol
27-04-2013, 11:31 AM

The money spent on BCs is worth it. Just do it, won't regret it

UNA91
28-04-2013, 09:07 AM
anyone know what the thread pitch for the IACV tamper proof screws are? I kinda stripped mine in the process of taking them out lol may aswell replace them with a common head screw

CWB
29-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey guys, my car makes a strange noise once it has warmed up and it kind of sounds like it is coming from the steering somewhere but can't make sense as it is only when the car has warmed up. My mechanic thought there was some movement in the engine mount but it doesn't sound like the sound comes from there. It is kind of like a creaking knock.. Hard to describe. Any ideas at a rough guess?

DreadAngel
29-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Vid?

Is there any particular time it does it?

Any other signs of effects?

Symphorced
30-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, my car makes a strange noise once it has warmed up and it kind of sounds like it is coming from the steering somewhere but can't make sense as it is only when the car has warmed up. My mechanic thought there was some movement in the engine mount but it doesn't sound like the sound comes from there. It is kind of like a creaking knock.. Hard to describe. Any ideas at a rough guess?

Common issue on EP3 is that the steering rack needs regreasing. Check that?

CWB
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
No I haven't checked that yet but I did note what looks like it might be a little grease or oil under the front of the car but nothing on the ground. I will get the mechanic to check that out.

The noise seems to be when you take off in first for a few seconds and again after you change into second and sometimes third. Sometimes when you hit a bump or turn but usually in a straight line... I know that doesn't really help diagnose what it is.

My mechanic thought it could possibly be RHS engine mount but it looks like it is in good condition...

uniqlo
02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Has anyone else experienced people pulling up next to them and asking if ur selling ur car?

Perry
03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Has anyone else experienced people pulling up next to them and asking if ur selling ur car?

Yep i do.

viett
03-05-2013, 01:20 AM
No I haven't checked that yet but I did note what looks like it might be a little grease or oil under the front of the car but nothing on the ground. I will get the mechanic to check that out.

The noise seems to be when you take off in first for a few seconds and again after you change into second and sometimes third. Sometimes when you hit a bump or turn but usually in a straight line... I know that doesn't really help diagnose what it is.

My mechanic thought it could possibly be RHS engine mount but it looks like it is in good condition...

Sounds alot like the steering rack squeak, had the same problem and i'm pretty sure a lot of the guys here did to.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?131492-greasing-ep3-steering-rack

^that should help.

butterfingers
03-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Yep. And further funny questions like "is it Mugen?"

Wtf is that supposed to mean? Yes it has Mugen parts but its not a Mugen..

kenny07
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep. And further funny questions like "is it Mugen?"

Wtf is that supposed to mean? Yes it has Mugen parts but its not a Mugen..

never had that happened,

but i did once, driving on cumberland highway about to turn onto the M4 heading to stratty, was talking to some random guy who was driving the same car. we both had eye contact, and i decided to slide my windows down and said nice car.

lucky for us, we were both stuck in traffic so we decided to talk about what things we had on our cars and also about clubITR. mind you he was on the opposite direction of traffic. lol

UNA91
03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
ive only had bogans say nice car brah, do a skid brah

uniqlo
04-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Plenty of guys ask for a rev/skid. But I've noticed a lot of them asking if I was selling were from younger middle eastern looking background.
Don't know to take them genuinely or be suspicious haha

bluey45
05-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Plenty of guys ask for a rev/skid. But I've noticed a lot of them asking if I was selling were from younger middle eastern looking background.
Don't know to take them genuinely or be suspicious haha

Yeah same thing happened when I used to drive my ep3 as well. I had some guy in a sportivo trying to race me in the m5 once. I was thinking is he must be crazy.

DreadAngel
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM

At least 2x for all cars I've owned...

I also had an EP3 guy wanting to give me a run...

I lol'd =P

UNA91
06-05-2013, 10:00 AM
What are the main advantages of Haltech over Kpro or Kpro over Haltech? I have plans to possibly supercharge the ep3. I hear haltech has more tuning options and Kpro is simpler?

butterfingers
06-05-2013, 02:02 PM
never had that happened,

but i did once, driving on cumberland highway about to turn onto the M4 heading to stratty, was talking to some random guy who was driving the same car. we both had eye contact, and i decided to slide my windows down and said nice car.

lucky for us, we were both stuck in traffic so we decided to talk about what things we had on our cars and also about clubITR. mind you he was on the opposite direction of traffic. lol

must have been hard, screaming over the traffic at that intersection haha.

kenny07
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM
What are the main advantages of Haltech over Kpro or Kpro over Haltech? I have plans to possibly supercharge the ep3. I hear haltech has more tuning options and Kpro is simpler?

i would like to know the diff between a Haltech and a Kpro too

Symphorced
06-05-2013, 05:45 PM

If I were you, I would just go with whichever ECU your tuner is more comfortable/familiar with and whichever one they would recommend.

UNA91
06-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Hmm seems like haltech seems more local in Brisbane, even the hondata tuners are moving onto haltech now.. Does haltech come with launch control?

DreadAngel
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
If I were you, I would just go with whichever ECU your tuner is more comfortable/familiar with and whichever one they would recommend.

This means everything, your tuner should be familiar with your car and you should get whichever ECU your tuner more adept in.

Hmm seems like haltech seems more local in Brisbane, even the hondata tuners are moving onto haltech now.. Does haltech come with launch control?

Which Haltech?

If you're referring to the Haltech Platinum Pro Plug-In for EP3/DC5 (http://www.haltech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PLATINUM_PRO_PLUGin_Honda_EP3_Rev_C.pdf), I believe it does NOT come with the software for launch control. However the Haltech PS1000 & PS2000 do come with Launch Control function but they've heavily loaded with so many other functions unsure if you want to go there.

CWB
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Sounds alot like the steering rack squeak, had the same problem and i'm pretty sure a lot of the guys here did to.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?131492-greasing-ep3-steering-rack

^that should help.

Cheers mate, car is booked in with mechanic on Thurs for a service and getting him to look at it. The noise is getting pretty bad and is quite concerning, sounds like something is about to break/snap/fall off... I uploaded a video but the noise is worse now...

http://s68.photobucket.com/user/spunkay_boi/media/20130505_171429_zps71aafc18.mp4.html

kenny07
07-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Cheers mate, car is booked in with mechanic on Thurs for a service and getting him to look at it. The noise is getting pretty bad and is quite concerning, sounds like something is about to break/snap/fall off... I uploaded a video but the noise is worse now...

http://s68.photobucket.com/user/spunkay_boi/media/20130505_171429_zps71aafc18.mp4.html

i couldnt hear anything on the the video....

what year model is your Ep3? 02 or 05?

if 02 then most probably the steering rack issue.. because when i first got my car, the noise was pretty bad..

not sure if the 05 model has that steering rack issue...

or maybe your driving shaft is about to brake? my friend's EP3 driving shaft recently just gave up on him

UNA91
07-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Could barely hear it in when you take off, but if it sounds anything like this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

Then im 90% sure your steering rack needs regreasing. I posted this vid ages ago since its the exact sound i was having on my EP3, so i greased the steering rack and it was all quiet. Apparently theres no grease in there from factory.

CWB
07-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Could barely hear it in when you take off, but if it sounds anything like this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

Then im 90% sure your steering rack needs regreasing. I posted this vid ages ago since its the exact sound i was having on my EP3, so i greased the steering rack and it was all quiet. Apparently theres no grease in there from factory.

Yeah it was a crappy video on my phone while I was trying to drive. The noise sounds a bit like that. Is going to the mechanic on Thurs. It is a 2003 EP3 Type R... Also I think my starter motor is also going and the first o2 sensor before the cat has gone also... Goodbye money! I am hoping this noise is just the steering rack that needs re-greasing but I bet it won't be because it is me. LOL

UNA91
09-05-2013, 12:13 AM
During slow traffic, there is this chattering sound coming from the transmission side. Particularly noticeable when I'm in second gear at very low rpms and I accelerate abit.

Also, does the rear wiper have its own washer motor for it? Or is it all controled by the front windscreen washer motor? Cause when I turn the switch for the rear washer I can hear the front motor whining but nothing no water coming out. The wiper works as usual. .

viett
09-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Got my Hardrace engine mounts finally installed, first start up the vibration was a bit annoying but 2 days in and i'm pretty use to it.
Not bad for daily driving and I can really feel a difference, going from gear 1 to 2 the wheels don't slip as bad when going hard.
The vibration is only noticeable when the car is idled, and the revs seem to drop slower; not sure if thats due to the mounts.

http://s16.postimg.org/kek4ripc5/IMG_3078.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/fso0j63sx/full/)

kenny07
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Got my Hardrace engine mounts finally installed, first start up the vibration was a bit annoying but 2 days in and i'm pretty use to it.
Not bad for daily driving and I can really feel a difference, going from gear 1 to 2 the wheels don't slip as bad when going hard.
The vibration is only noticeable when the car is idled, and the revs seem to drop slower; not sure if thats due to the mounts.

http://s16.postimg.org/kek4ripc5/IMG_3078.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/fso0j63sx/full/)

how much did you get these for? and also where did you get it?

im planning on getting new engine mounts but not sure which one to go for... either this one or hasport

uniqlo
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Does the front washer reservoir have water in it? iirc front and back share the same reservoir

During slow traffic, there is this chattering sound coming from the transmission side. Particularly noticeable when I'm in second gear at very low rpms and I accelerate abit.

Also, does the rear wiper have its own washer motor for it? Or is it all controled by the front windscreen washer motor? Cause when I turn the switch for the rear washer I can hear the front motor whining but nothing no water coming out. The wiper works as usual. .

UNA91
09-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Does the front washer reservoir have water in it? iirc front and back share the same reservoir

reservoir is full, i meant the washer pump, If there's two motors, one for front and one for rear :S might just do a rear wiper delete lol

Anyway, does anyone know if the Haltech Platinum pro plug & play ecu for the 05-06 DC5 would plug right into the EP3? or do i need to buy a harness?

Symphorced
09-05-2013, 11:52 AM
We have a rear washer?? LOL

nny911
09-05-2013, 08:09 PM
^ LOL, yes we do. I took it off though and did a wiper delete. It was a mission to do

uniqlo
09-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Just had a quick look at the manual. Theres a motor for front and and one for back. Both motors are in the reservoir in the engine bay.
My guess is tubing to the rear is broken somewhere and you're probably spraying water somewhere else lol

reservoir is full, i meant the washer pump, If there's two motors, one for front and one for rear :S might just do a rear wiper delete lol

Anyway, does anyone know if the Haltech Platinum pro plug & play ecu for the 05-06 DC5 would plug right into the EP3? or do i need to buy a harness?

Symphorced
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
^ LOL, yes we do. I took it off though and did a wiper delete. It was a mission to do

Hey man what are you doing still in this thread? Don't you have some baller Lotus forums to go to? :p

Yeah I did the delete too but had no idea we had a washer...

charliebrown
09-05-2013, 10:25 PM
hay bogs

UNA91
10-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Anyone here have had their input shaft bearing replaced? Mines starting to go i think, theres this light grinding sound i can hear on low rpm and when on idle, but when the clutch is it, the noise goes away. Would it be costly to fix?

charliebrown
10-05-2013, 10:30 PM
im looking at importing a good EP3 in melb, any suggestions? ive talked to SSV and they may be able to help but it won't be cheap. they said they dont really bring them in anymore cos its too hard to get a good one and people arent willing to pay a lot for them

heard good things bout IMG, but not sure how i'd go about it. flying up to syd and driving back isnt a problem, just not sure about compliancing it in melb with HID and privacy glass etc. too much headache, rather buy one here and theres no decent EP3s for private sale :(

mocchi
10-05-2013, 11:12 PM
im looking at importing a good EP3 in melb, any suggestions? ive talked to SSV and they may be able to help but it won't be cheap. they said they dont really bring them in anymore cos its too hard to get a good one and people arent willing to pay a lot for them

heard good things bout IMG, but not sure how i'd go about it. flying up to syd and driving back isnt a problem, just not sure about compliancing it in melb with HID and privacy glass etc. too much headache, rather buy one here and theres no decent EP3s for private sale :(

why you wanna buy honda m8
corolla sportivo much better option

kfc diet 24/7

mocchi
10-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Anyone here have had their input shaft bearing replaced? Mines starting to go i think, theres this light grinding sound i can hear on low rpm and when on idle, but when the clutch is it, the noise goes away. Would it be costly to fix?

$500 bucks at least
$400 labor (backyard)
$30 fluids
$50 isb
$20 bengay cream

charliebrown
10-05-2013, 11:38 PM
why you wanna buy honda m8
corolla sportivo much better option

kfc diet 24/7

snap necks m8 u wouldnt understand. honda nats next year bor

UNA91
11-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Anyone got skunk2 weighted knob wanna swap for my blox490 weighted in matte neo chrome? Tired of the spherical shape lol

viett
11-05-2013, 02:49 PM

HID and privacy glass is no problem, if it came out of factory like that then you'll be fine.

butterfingers
11-05-2013, 05:04 PM

Not on carsales, have a look on clubitr mate

nny911
11-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey man what are you doing still in this thread? Don't you have some baller Lotus forums to go to? :p

Yeah I did the delete too but had no idea we had a washer...

Its Victor actually. I forgot his account is still on my computer lol.

Nick is on the lotus forums that baller

CivicRacer13
11-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey guys I just bought a 04 series 2 EP3 Type R today, took it for a drive and loved it,just a few pic's of it :) I pick it up on Monday so keen
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/Ramb0_album/IMG_5432_zps27ba9175.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/Ramb0_album/IMG_5426_zpse7379821.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/Ramb0_album/IMG_5428_zpsa9d67d18.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/Ramb0_album/IMG_5431_zps58367efc.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/Ramb0_album/IMG_5430_zps957c2237.jpg

pick it up for a good price I think anyways :)

UNA91
11-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Congrats, it looks hella clean. So jealous you got a facelift in championship white

dnapol
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM

Bought mjne through shane at power road car sales in dandenong. Had low kms, clean, cheap and lots of mugen goodies

charliebrown
12-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Bought mjne through shane at power road car sales in dandenong. Had low kms, clean, cheap and lots of mugen goodies

Read bad things about power road. Apparently shady kunts there lol

Do you mind sharing how negotiable they were with the price?

DreadAngel
12-05-2013, 01:35 AM

You should be able to contact IMG about it, cause I know several compliance centres have previously sent cars from NSW to different states without issues.

Alternatively you can contact import brokers such as Iron Chef, Prestige Motorsport, J-Spec, etc and they can help find you an EP3R then have a compliance centre in VIC do it for you :)

CivicRacer13
12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Congrats, it looks hella clean. So jealous you got a facelift in championship white

Cheers mate yeah took me 2 months to find a clean one for a good price I picked this baby up for $21,500 reduced from 26k and they were trying to get 24k for it but I told them ill pay 21,500 and ill give u $1000 deposit today and you kno how salesman are 'but but but' lol so I pulled out the cash and he knew I meant business and we had a deal $21,500 drive away :) picking it up tomoro night

dnapol
12-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Read bad things about power road. Apparently shady kunts there lol

Do you mind sharing how negotiable they were with the price?

I wouldnt go around believing everything you hear. Car was super clean and I negotiated 2k of off price and he fixed all issues that the car had when I test drove

charliebrown
12-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I wouldnt go around believing everything you hear. Car was super clean and I negotiated 2k of off price and he fixed all issues that the car had when I test drove

Yeah i know its worth having a look but the only one they have atm is 84xxx bone stock for 18k. waiting for a nicer one to come up

will offer 10k pick up tonight

mocchi
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah i know its worth having a look but the only one they have atm is 84xxx bone stock for 18k. waiting for a nicer one to come up

will offer 10k pick up tonight

i like your style. keep it viet keep it jdm

CWB
12-05-2013, 06:07 PM
ok so the last annoying noise has been fixed and then today this bad boy started! It only does it in the rain, only sometimes does it, usually when engine under load... Kind of sounds like exhaust knocking but I would have thought it would do that all the time?

The only other thing I can think of is if it is one of the heat shields under the car vibrating when the water from the road comes up maybe? ERGH no idea! Thoughts?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i33/spunkay_boi/th_20130512_164944_zps9948d39e.jpg (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i33/spunkay_boi/20130512_164944_zps9948d39e.mp4)

UNA91
12-05-2013, 10:39 PM
ok so the last annoying noise has been fixed and then today this bad boy started! It only does it in the rain, only sometimes does it, usually when engine under load... Kind of sounds like exhaust knocking but I would have thought it would do that all the time?

The only other thing I can think of is if it is one of the heat shields under the car vibrating when the water from the road comes up maybe? ERGH no idea! Thoughts?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i33/spunkay_boi/th_20130512_164944_zps9948d39e.jpg (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i33/spunkay_boi/20130512_164944_zps9948d39e.mp4)

wow, I get this exact same noise aswell, and it only happens during moderate to heavy rain too... its been there ever since my header install, so i figured the exhaust might be closer pushed up closer to the body by the header. I can actaully feel the knocking at the footrest and floor when it happens. Never really bothered me and why it only happens in the rain i have no idea... it seems to happen around 2k to 3k rpm :S

Perry
12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Got the same issue as well ever since I installed my mugen exhaust and it only happens in heavy rain.

PHO
12-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Get another ek perry

do it

you know you want to

Perry
12-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Get another ek perry

do it

you know you want to

hahaha got one already just holding back on not going crazy on it at this stage.

PHO
13-05-2013, 12:09 AM
hahaha got one already just holding back on not going crazy on it at this stage.

oOoOOoOoOooOoOoOOoOOoOOOoooOoOoo

DreadAngel
13-05-2013, 02:27 AM

wow, I get this exact same noise aswell, and it only happens during moderate to heavy rain too... its been there ever since my header install, so i figured the exhaust might be closer pushed up closer to the body by the header. I can actaully feel the knocking at the footrest and floor when it happens. Never really bothered me and why it only happens in the rain i have no idea... it seems to happen around 2k to 3k rpm :S

Got the same issue as well ever since I installed my mugen exhaust and it only happens in heavy rain.

Just a thought here, on my AE111, when I had the HKS Headers, Hi-Flow CAT and FGK Powergetter...

The car once I park it after driving through the rain, there will be this 'tinging' sound which I would assume be the metals contracting since its cooling down. Is it possible that the EP3R with the less sound deadening [assumption] and while running could make thing ting into a banging sound? After all exhaust pulse and exhaust gas rushing through would change the sound remarkably.

mocchi
13-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Just a thought here, on my AE111, when I had the HKS Headers, Hi-Flow CAT and FGK Powergetter...

The car once I park it after driving through the rain, there will be this 'tinging' sound which I would assume be the metals contracting since its cooling down. Is it possible that the EP3R with the less sound deadening [assumption] and while running could make thing ting into a banging sound? After all exhaust pulse and exhaust gas rushing through would change the sound remarkably.

sounds too rapid for contraction though

UNA91
13-05-2013, 09:36 AM
its literally like deep rapid knocking sound on a wooden table, haven't had it for awhile tho, hasn't rained hard here for awhile

Vvvtec
13-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I get that noise (very rarely) aswell in my kswapped dc2 lol.

DreadAngel
13-05-2013, 12:26 PM
sounds too rapid for contraction though

True...

The only other thought is water being kicked up hitting the system and produces the sound like that? Considering the SUS304 generally used is quite thin too? Which would account for the sound and frequency but dunno how it would work hahaha

kenny07
13-05-2013, 12:30 PM

noticed you got the carbon fibre dash board thingy on your EP3

anyone know where i can get me one of those??

markkkwan
13-05-2013, 01:53 PM
hey guys, i just bought another ep3r, i noticed that my new one gets alot of wheel hop from 1st to 2nd,
It's running on ad08s, do you guys think it might be the engine mounts because they're stock?
My old ep3r didn't get wheel hop on 595evos running on hardrace engine mounts

UNA91
13-05-2013, 02:39 PM
hey guys, i just bought another ep3r, i noticed that my new one gets alot of wheel hop from 1st to 2nd,
It's running on ad08s, do you guys think it might be the engine mounts because they're stock?

If you're on stock mounts then yeah there will be alot of wheel hop. The oem mounts are pretty weak on the ep3/dc5 chassis. Especially the drivers side. I felt a huge difference after my hasports 70a mounts

markkkwan
13-05-2013, 02:42 PM
ohh i seee, i'll definately sort them out with the 3pcs mugen set or 5pcs hardrace. Thanks for your help!

CWB
13-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks to all who have commented, at least I know that I am not the only one getting this noise! Much relief!

I just emailed Exhaust Technology who made the exhaust to ask if they had any ideas. I thought too today something about the water hitting the exhaust making it cool under the car while it is still hot at the front but can't figure out how that would account to it smashing on the underside of the car?

I have been able to narrow it down that it starts when there is still water over the road, doesn't do it when it is just damp. It did it tonight as I pulled up to the lights and then when I stopped the noise stopped but then suddenly started doing it again.

I was also thinking it might be the old heat shield from the original exhaust being bent down when water was spraying all over it but again, the loud banging noise doesn't make sense, neither did my though about something to do with weird tread patterns on the tires flicking water onto the underside of the car. Very baffling! We have only just started to get rain here in SA after having nice weather but it is due to come in very wet from now on... And I have to drive the car daily for work.

CWB
13-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, I also forgot that it happens when the throttle is closed and the car is engine braking gets it going... and you can feel it through the floor.

UNA91
13-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I had always thought it could be my header hitting the subframe or something since its alot lighter than the stock cast iron header. It only happens at low rpm when the engine vibrates the most I guess

CWB
13-05-2013, 08:45 PM
It sounds like torture though! And has only done it since I changed my exhaust and that is only cat back.

LittleDragon^^
14-05-2013, 08:39 PM

If you're on stock mounts then yeah there will be alot of wheel hop. The oem mounts are pretty weak on the ep3/dc5 chassis. Especially the drivers side. I felt a huge difference after my hasports 70a mounts

I didn't know what "wheel hop" was. Googled it and realised what that horrible feeling is when I launch it hard! So the cure is engine mounts? Any recommendations?!

doosra
14-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Yep, if u want to keep the feeling close to stock then get mugen mounts. Mugen come in set of 3 so I got rear hasport mount as well. Not much vibration in the cabin.

markkkwan
14-05-2013, 09:12 PM
yea my old car used to have hardrace, little vibration but well worth it now that i've tried without them lols.
Also my first ep3 had a problem starting up in the cold where it made a horrible loud grinding sound sometimes, and now my second ep3 does it too.. lols anyone had this problem?
After some research it might be the starter motor grinding against the flywheel but yea, not sure.
has anyone solved it without buying a whole new starter motor =[?

dnapol
14-05-2013, 09:47 PM
yea my old car used to have hardrace, little vibration but well worth it now that i've tried without them lols.
Also my first ep3 had a problem starting up in the cold where it made a horrible loud grinding sound sometimes, and now my second ep3 does it too.. lols anyone had this problem?
After some research it might be the starter motor grinding against the flywheel but yea, not sure.
has anyone solved it without buying a whole new starter motor =[?

My starter motor grinds too on cold starts

LittleDragon^^
14-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Yep, if u want to keep the feeling close to stock then get mugen mounts. Mugen come in set of 3 so I got rear hasport mount as well. Not much vibration in the cabin.

My car is completely stock at the moment (05 CW EP3) so I guess I don't want it to feel like stock haha.

Has anyone been able to eliminate wheel hop completely? I read wheel hop can cause a lot of damage to diffs - can anyone clarify if that's true?

charliebrown
14-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey guys, so i've been tossing up between the FN2 and EP3. only thing i like more about the fn2 is interior (seats and cluster), but i can live with the ep3 and also prefer the double din slot.

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this ep3 in melb, had B16TYM plates on it for a while. im going to have a look at it tmr. and considering the high kms, what do you think is a reasonable price?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174708-JDM-Champ-White-EP3-Type-R

CWB
14-05-2013, 10:42 PM
So I took the car back to the exhaust shop today, they couldn't find anything where the exhaust could knock nor any idea what on earth that sound is. My next guess will be having the heat shields removed to see if it stops. The weather is getting crappier here and driving around in it today was driving me mental!

With regards to the starter motor noise, mine sometimes when cold start makes the noise you would get if you over start your car (try to start when already on). I have figured that it could be from either holding the key a fraction too long or too short, but too shorter time does not make sense...

Has anyone any other ideas what that bastard of a noise could be? I am at lost ends here and it sounds much worse than in the video.

CWB
14-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Mine had just under that many kms when I bought it but it is a honda and will go forever if well maintained, look at the DC2's for instance, they are still fetching good money even with high 200s on the clock. I think 15k would be a good price, little on the cheap side depending on the condition.

Hey guys, so i've been tossing up between the FN2 and EP3. only thing i like more about the fn2 is interior (seats and cluster), but i can live with the ep3 and also prefer the double din slot.

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this ep3 in melb, had B16TYM plates on it for a while. im going to have a look at it tmr. and considering the high kms, what do you think is a reasonable price?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174708-JDM-Champ-White-EP3-Type-R

charliebrown
14-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Anything I should look out for on my own in particular? afaik only check mounts and steering rack for creaks. If everything goes well and we come to terms on a price, ill have a workshop do a thorough inspection

theres no service history or receipts on the car either, so i cant be sure its been looked after

viett
14-05-2013, 10:52 PM
If you take it for a test drive and floor it, make sure from gear 1 to 2 is smooth.

My car seems to be a bit stiff compared to my mates ep3. Not sure what the problem is, it's bearable but I guess faster gear 1 to 2 is better.

CWB
14-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I got told to check the side skirts also, apparently they are expensive as if they are cracked etc. As with any import check for rust in the usual places including underneath (also to see if any oil marks). I also was advised to listen to any rear wheel noises, i.e. if bearings are going.

As above the gearbox should be smooth between gears, personally mine is a bit notchy but for what I paid I am not complaining.

markkkwan
14-05-2013, 11:34 PM
One quick check you can do is take a measuring tape or string and measure from one centercap to the other on the same side.
And then do so to the other side the same way and it should be the same or very close. If not the car might have been crashed or something similar.
in regards to price.
I've bought one EP3 with 180,000kms lol the most i've ever heard of. for $12,000 imo it was a bargain and it was still running smoothly.
Then it was in a car accident and got more money then i paid for it so i bought one with 87,000 kms for 15.5k luckily.

I was tossing up between the one i bought and this one http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-melbourne/cars-vans-utes/-direct-imported-ep3-civic-type-r-jdm-in-rare-black-colour-/1017946849
and i think it's still for sale now.
The only reason i didn't buy the black one is because it hadn't landed yet. and also the one i bought was more value for money! hope that helps a little!

Anything I should look out for on my own in particular? afaik only check mounts and steering rack for creaks. If everything goes well and we come to terms on a price, ill have a workshop do a thorough inspection

theres no service history or receipts on the car either, so i cant be sure its been looked after

markkkwan
14-05-2013, 11:36 PM
ohh also the ep3 in the ad i gave you looks like it has a mugen twinloop which is worthh monneyyss

charliebrown
15-05-2013, 12:29 AM
yeah seen that black one, very nicely priced. might be worth a look even though im after one in CW

does it end up being worth it buying from a private sale? considering dealers arent that much more expensive and can be haggled down quite a bit. also their price includes the transfer/stampduty which is already around $600

mocchi
15-05-2013, 08:42 AM
yeah seen that black one, very nicely priced. might be worth a look even though im after one in CW

does it end up being worth it buying from a private sale? considering dealers arent that much more expensive and can be haggled down quite a bit. also their price includes the transfer/stampduty which is already around $600

once you go black you cant go back cb

butterfingers
15-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I didn't know what "wheel hop" was. Googled it and realised what that horrible feeling is when I launch it hard! So the cure is engine mounts? Any recommendations?!

I shift too slow to have wheel hop.

But yes engine mounts would help a lot

skyfrank85
15-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Does anyoneknow where I can get the upper strut bearing plates for EP3?

Any info would be much appricated

LittleDragon^^
15-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I shift too slow to have wheel hop.

But yes engine mounts would help a lot

Thanks butterfingers. Are there any brands you'd recommend?

butterfingers
15-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks butterfingers. Are there any brands you'd recommend?

It really depends what u plan to ise the car for and how much comfort ur willing to sacrifice if its a DD

theres hasport, innovative, hardrace, mugen, energy suspension (inserts only afaik) and most of them have different varieties of stiffness from 62a and up. Most of us here tend to stick with 62a or so from what ive seen

markkkwan
15-05-2013, 04:50 PM

when i was tossing up between my one and that one
the prices were very similar all up..
That black one doesn't include rego. I offered him 15 for it which he seemed happy with and he also offered to come with when registering it. so all up that car would have cost a bit more than 16k due to rego and the transfer fees (not sure how expensive it is to register an import)
The white one i bought was a bit less than 16k all up. It had a about 13000 more kms but alot more sensible quality mods. and also it was available for pick up very quickly.
It's all up to you.
If you care about being Australia's first owner, or Low kms and maybe resale value then go for the black one.
Keep in mind the fuel economy might be bad due to it being a fresh import tuned to 100 octane. But i have no idea lols

charliebrown
15-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Any other places to look besides ozhonda, carsales and gumtree? cant view the FS section on clubitr

markkkwan
15-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Any other places to look besides ozhonda, carsales and gumtree? cant view the FS section on clubitr

you can give a call to some importers see if they can track the onw you want. but i expect that to cost a bit

nny911
15-05-2013, 07:34 PM
I got told to check the side skirts also, apparently they are expensive as if they are cracked etc. As with any import check for rust in the usual places including underneath (also to see if any oil marks). I also was advised to listen to any rear wheel noises, i.e. if bearings are going.

As above the gearbox should be smooth between gears, personally mine is a bit notchy but for what I paid I am not complaining.

How can the side skirts crack? Its plastic

charliebrown
15-05-2013, 08:07 PM
you can give a call to some importers see if they can track the onw you want. but i expect that to cost a bit

SSV can bring them in, but itll take a while and expecting it to be close to 20k for a mint one
power rd car sales list them for 18k, can pick up probs close to 16. mostly bad reviews from this place though so i dunno, plus guy on the phone sounded a bit dodge. going to have a look on sat
gran turismo autos have 4 in stock but listed as 20k :/

dnapol
16-05-2013, 02:25 AM
SSV can bring them in, but itll take a while and expecting it to be close to 20k for a mint one
power rd car sales list them for 18k, can pick up probs close to 16. mostly bad reviews from this place though so i dunno, plus guy on the phone sounded a bit dodge. going to have a look on sat
gran turismo autos have 4 in stock but listed as 20k :/

Shane from power rd sounds dodgy and mine was listed at about 18 and got it for close to 16

Twest
16-05-2013, 05:35 AM
So I took the car back to the exhaust shop today, they couldn't find anything where the exhaust could knock nor any idea what on earth that sound is. My next guess will be having the heat shields removed to see if it stops. The weather is getting crappier here and driving around in it today was driving me mental!

With regards to the starter motor noise, mine sometimes when cold start makes the noise you would get if you over start your car (try to start when already on). I have figured that it could be from either holding the key a fraction too long or too short, but too shorter time does not make sense...

Has anyone any other ideas what that bastard of a noise could be? I am at lost ends here and it sounds much worse than in the video.

I don't know if anyone's answered this yet, but it's the ring gear inside the starter motor. It's made of plastic and in the cold slips. Only way to fix it is by replacing the ring gear with a metal one...Toda makes them, big job though as you need to take out the gear box. Best to do it on clutch install, however I've had it since I bought the car and have had no issues.

mocchi
16-05-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't know if anyone's answered this yet, but it's the ring gear inside the starter motor. It's made of plastic and in the cold slips. Only way to fix it is by replacing the ring gear with a metal one...Toda makes them, big job though as you need to take out the gear box. Best to do it on clutch install, however I've had it since I bought the car and have had no issues.

dont need to remove gearbox to remove starter motor.

nny911
16-05-2013, 08:41 AM

Hey Dylan, so you had the noise from the very start too?

charliebrown
16-05-2013, 10:21 PM
AAMI wont insure an EP3, WATAJK m8. just crap insurance only way to go :(

anyone know how negotiable JCI are? or will they tell me to getfkd cos they know they're the only company that will agree to insure

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/332/12408603.jpg

dc2screama
16-05-2013, 11:02 PM

anyone know how negotiable JCI are? or will they tell me to getfkd cos they know they're the only company that will agree to insure

Aami is the worst insurance in the whole of Australia!
****en shit!

charliebrown
16-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Aami is the worst insurance in the whole of Australia!
****en shit!

bad experience mate? tell us about it

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDXZXoceyyXGP-N-dEb-2Xv5CCUHj3u5037OBg3KwfrwAr_PDsmQ

PHO
16-05-2013, 11:10 PM
GT auto's the most overpriced dealer ever. lmao

mocchi
16-05-2013, 11:53 PM
WATAJK

http://i52.tinypic.com/b64lg4.gif

LD_Mart
17-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Has anyone got the link to fix the squeaky steering wheel.
I went back lookin for it but didn't manage to find it

Perry
17-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Anyone here with NRMA for CTP green slip mine has sky rocket up like crazy =(

LD_Mart
17-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Yep got mine last week 774 bucks.
Came with a nice little letter telling u why greenslips have gone up in price
But then I heard on the radio that the government is gonna drop prices on greenslips so I googled It but it doesn't tell u when it kicks in.

nny911
17-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Anyone here with NRMA for CTP green slip mine has sky rocket up like crazy =(

Same here, due to the incidents in my area lol

LD_Mart
17-05-2013, 08:43 PM

How old are you?

Im 23 with one car crash under my name which was a 28g pay out and my insurance on my ep3 is only 1200

charliebrown
17-05-2013, 09:06 PM
How old are you?

Im 23 with one car crash under my name which was a 28g pay out and my insurance on my ep3 is only 1200

20. clean record but living in a pretty bad area

doosra
17-05-2013, 09:07 PM
How old are you?

Who with? And what area?

LD_Mart
17-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Who with? And what area?

Just Car Insurance - Near Hornsby
Just looked at my papers, $1291 on 625 excess

charliebrown
17-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Just Car Insurance - Near Hornsby
Just looked at my papers, $1291 on 625 excess

Wow. thats pretty crazy even if you didnt have the crash.

i tried a quote under dads name... whos clean record with 25+ years, still $1500 what is this rubbish

PHO
17-05-2013, 10:34 PM
because chingvale.

dem cars go missing erry day.

mocchi
17-05-2013, 10:45 PM
say you live in toorak. just going to missus house in spingweo for a late night desert.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/839/ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

LD_Mart
17-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Wow. thats pretty crazy even if you didnt have the crash.

i tried a quote under dads name... whos clean record with 25+ years, still $1500 what is this rubbish

Try ur details and punch in 2077 Hornsby, it should come up cheaper. Crazy how much different suburbs determine ur insurance

PHO
17-05-2013, 10:47 PM
say you live in toorak. just going to missus house in spingweo for a late night desert.

[IM G]http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/839/ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg[/IMG]

going for a dip ay

mocchi
17-05-2013, 10:50 PM
going for a dip ay

Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar38865_13.gif

charliebrown
17-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Try ur details and punch in 2077 Hornsby, it should come up cheaper. Crazy how much different suburbs determine ur insurance

LOL shiett comes up as 2000 instead of 3000

Perry
18-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Buying old cars isnt worth it anymore =(

CWB
19-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Has anyone got the link to fix the squeaky steering wheel.
I went back lookin for it but didn't manage to find it

I fixed mine buy greasing up the knuckle before the firewall and then pulled the boots back and did the rack too to get the slider all greased up. Hasn't been an issue since.

CWB
19-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Also, headlight adjustment... Is it the strange little gold screws on the back of the light on the side? They are in the worst spot ever... My lights are way up in the air and are useless.

UNA91
19-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Also, headlight adjustment... Is it the strange little gold screws on the back of the light on the side? They are in the worst spot ever... My lights are way up in the air and are useless.

You use a long Phillips head screw driver to turn the gears. If you look carefully there are small holes and brackets that hold the screw driver. Hard to explain lol

There's one at the corner of the headlight, fender side and one that's easily seen at the back of the headlight. Can't remember which adjusts which but it should say on the housing

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7852/lights3d.jpg

CWB
19-05-2013, 06:00 PM
OK so the lower one. I wonder what the other one does that it says 'do not adjust' I am thinking left to right.

Thanks for your help

Twest
20-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Hey Dylan, so you had the noise from the very start too?

Yes from the very start.

Twest
20-05-2013, 02:30 AM
dont need to remove gearbox to remove starter motor.

Didn't say you had to, just assumed if you were doing your clutch would be easier to do the starter at the same time, that said I've changed my clutch twice now and never changed the ring gear inside the starter, it makes a noise but doesn't seem to cause any apparent problems. But yes if you wanted to I think you could get to it from the top by removing the intake manifold.

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Hey guys,

I've been having a headache checking out the Wheel Setup thread... I couldn't find a definite answer...

As some of you know, I'm helping a friend build up his EP3R... I found a set of rims 17 x 8.5 +30... Now I'm finding conflicting information some say it won't fit no matter what, some saying front will fit but rear won't? Some say it will fit going stretched and not too low...

Personally I'd be happier with 17 x 8... But he wants it pumped lol... Thoughts?

LittleDragon^^
20-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Hey guys,

I've been having a headache checking out the Wheel Setup thread... I couldn't find a definite answer...

As some of you know, I'm helping a friend build up his EP3R... I found a set of rims 17 x 8.5 +30... Now I'm finding conflicting information some say it won't fit no matter what, some saying front will fit but rear won't? Some say it will fit going stretched and not too low...

Personally I'd be happier with 17 x 8... But he wants it pumped lol... Thoughts?

I'm having this issue as well.

Also, I would like to upgrade to coil overs one day and lower my EP3 but have read that it'll worsen the handling. How would one go about lowering the car without sacrificing the handling? Or even better - improving it!

Symphorced
20-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Hey guys,

Depends on the tyres that he'll be running. Fronts shouldn't be too much of an issue. Rears I scrub on 225/45 (tiny bit of stretch) with rolled guards and negative 2.5 degrees of camber. No issues with 215/45 on same setup though.

Poeter
20-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

My mate ran 17x8.5 +30 CE28.

Originally came with fat tyres - 235/45/17. That pretty much ate away the plastic splash guards at the front.

So in the end for it to work, he had 215/45/17 (stretched) tyres and the rear guard rolled.

butterfingers
20-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Couple guys here run 17x9 no probs. have a look at rps.13s thread, he doesnt run over board stretch either.

As for its
Affect on handling that depends on the ride height, i heard roll centre adjusters help.

Symphorced
20-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Couple guys here run 17x9 no probs. have a look at rps.13s thread, he doesnt run over board stretch either.

As for its
Affect on handling that depends on the ride height, i heard roll centre adjusters help.

215/45 on 9" rim is considerably stretched lol. Not to mentikn that amount of negative camber he had to run at that height haha!

That's 17x9 +18 though....

butterfingers
20-05-2013, 02:27 PM
215/45 on 9" rim is considerably stretched lol. Not to mentikn that amount of negative camber he had to run at that height haha!

I swear he wasnt running 215s lol. Brb gonna go thru his entire thread again!

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm having this issue as well.

Also, I would like to upgrade to coil overs one day and lower my EP3 but have read that it'll worsen the handling. How would one go about lowering the car without sacrificing the handling? Or even better - improving it!

The EP3 being Macpherson @ the front means its hyper sensitive to suspension changes, the force exerted on the driver is a few times more than that if the car had double wishbone. Coilovers in general tend to run stiff spring rate & the cheaper ones also tend to be underdampened thus the very very harsh ride to the point where its dangerous. Personally I think run softish good quality coilovers [Think like Bilstein for example], couple that with swaybars and suspension bushes. This should provide a comfortable ride while not exhibiting harsh characteristics. This setup has worked on my friend's car a treat, I was able to get the car to ride most of Sydney tarmac special stages without his gf complaining so mission accomplished for me hahaha.

Depends on the tyres that he'll be running. Fronts shouldn't be too much of an issue. Rears I scrub on 225/45 (tiny bit of stretch) with rolled guards and negative 2.5 degrees of camber. No issues with 215/45 on same setup though.

Hey Symphorced! Ahhhh icic! I'm certainty hoping not to go too stretched, defeats the purpose of me making it go faster... White TE37s in 17 x 8.5 on a White EP3R... *drools* I might post up some more stuff about this project EP3R later =) How is it on full lock?

My mate ran 17x8.5 +30 CE28.

Originally came with fat tyres - 235/45/17. That pretty much ate away the plastic splash guards at the front.

So in the end for it to work, he had 215/45/17 (stretched) tyres and the rear guard rolled.

Eeeeee... Munched the guards... Damn...

dnapol
20-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey guys,

I'm running 17x8.5+30 right now. I use a 224/45/17 tyre all round. I have BC BR coilovers and dont have much of a wheel gap. I run -3.5 front and -2.5 rear camber setups and it sits very very nice.

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm running 17x8.5+30 right now. I use a 224/45/17 tyre all round. I have BC BR coilovers and dont have much of a wheel gap. I run -3.5 front and -2.5 rear camber setups and it sits very very nice.

Sexy thanks man... How much modification work did you have to do?

Would you have a picture by any chance? =)

stienerv2
20-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Lol 215/45 on 9 inches is not bad! 175/50 on 9 inches is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqv1uZqyN-w

LittleDragon^^
20-05-2013, 09:35 PM
The EP3 being Macpherson @ the front means its hyper sensitive to suspension changes, the force exerted on the driver is a few times more than that if the car had double wishbone. Coilovers in general tend to run stiff spring rate & the cheaper ones also tend to be underdampened thus the very very harsh ride to the point where its dangerous. Personally I think run softish good quality coilovers [Think like Bilstein for example], couple that with swaybars and suspension bushes. This should provide a comfortable ride while not exhibiting harsh characteristics. This setup has worked on my friend's car a treat, I was able to get the car to ride most of Sydney tarmac special stages without his gf complaining so mission accomplished for me hahaha.

Hey Symphorced! Ahhhh icic! I'm certainty hoping not to go too stretched, defeats the purpose of me making it go faster... White TE37s in 17 x 8.5 on a White EP3R... *drools* I might post up some more stuff about this project EP3R later =) How is it on full lock?

Eeeeee... Munched the guards... Damn...

Thanks for the reply DreadAngel. Sounds like an expensive and time consuming task. I'll leave it till last along with wheels :)

Want to sort out this wheel hopping annoyance first...

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 09:45 PM
You mean the stuttering? Wouldn't a torque damper help? Or mounts?

LittleDragon^^
20-05-2013, 09:48 PM
You mean the stuttering? Wouldn't a torque damper help? Or mounts?

Yeah that's what the general advice has been other than not launching it too hard haha :)
Any recommendations on brand of mounts and dampers?

Symphorced
20-05-2013, 10:31 PM

Hey mate! Good to see you're still helping your friend perfect his setup. I don't run that tyre/wheel size up front so unsure - highly doubt it would be an issue if he runs 225/45 or 215/45. For my track setup, I run 245/40 on 17x9 +35 and I get scrub on the inside wheel arch on full lock though... :p

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey mate! Good to see you're still helping your friend perfect his setup. I don't run that tyre/wheel size up front so unsure - highly doubt it would be an issue if he runs 225/45 or 215/45. For my track setup, I run 245/40 on 17x9 +35 and I get scrub on the inside wheel arch on full lock though... :p

Hehehe, well he wanted me to be the technical advisor for the project so happy to take up the mantle =D

So far we've got:

Gruppe M Intake
Bilstein B14 PSS [I think it is]
Endless SSS Pads
RDA Rotors [I said DBA...]

Coming Soon:

TODA 4-2-1 Headers
Hi-Flow CAT [Magnaflow]
Custom 70mm Centre Pipe
Kakimoto N1 Axle Back
White TE37 17" x 8.5 +30
Bridgestone RE11 225/45R17

Future well depends how much more he wants after the new setup goes on and where he wants to head to :)

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah that's what the general advice has been other than not launching it too hard haha :)
Any recommendations on brand of mounts and dampers?

Torque Damper most of the JDM brands have it for EP3R off my head? [Spoon, J's, etc]

As for mounts how much comfort you're willing to sacrifice :p

stienerv2
20-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Is your mate named Thomas by any chance? That mod list is very familier

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Hahaha, you know him?

stienerv2
20-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Yeah i went on a cruise with him to palm beach. Im mates with the old owner too.

bluey45
20-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Small world lol

DreadAngel
20-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah i went on a cruise with him to palm beach. Im mates with the old owner too.

Small world lol

Small world indeed!

Ah you know was it Nick/Nicholas?

bluey45
21-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Small world indeed!

Ah you know was it Nick/Nicholas?

It would be Nic it's his mate. I remember buying a tow hook from him when still drove a ep3 before he went to a lotus lol.

Poeter
21-05-2013, 09:23 AM

With 225/45 on 17x8.5 +30, would this still be possible without any camber changes?

Symphorced
21-05-2013, 10:41 AM
With 225/45 on 17x8.5 +30, would this still be possible without any camber changes?

Depends on if you're lowered. Front should be fine. Rear will scrub like mofo if you have passengers or going over bumps in the road. I had -2.5 and still scrubbed with passengers and going over bumps. -3.5 eliminated most of the scrubbing but not ideal for track work so I reverted back to -2.5.

DreadAngel
21-05-2013, 06:24 PM
It would be Nic it's his mate. I remember buying a tow hook from him when still drove a ep3 before he went to a lotus lol.

Crap, I think I might know who he is lol...

Depends on if you're lowered. Front should be fine. Rear will scrub like mofo if you have passengers or going over bumps in the road. I had -2.5 and still scrubbed with passengers and going over bumps. -3.5 eliminated most of the scrubbing but not ideal for track work so I reverted back to -2.5.

Did the rear receive the lip/roll/nip/tuck/etc Symphorced?

stienerv2
21-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah Nick is my best mate. Tom would have seen my ep with rpf1s.

It's easy to fit those offsets, especially since he has those blistiens lol

DreadAngel
21-05-2013, 06:38 PM
OH!!! I think I know which EP3R you are now, saw his photos and EP3 with I think silver RPF1?

stienerv2
21-05-2013, 08:00 PM
lol yep, thats me. Im selling those wheels and got something else

butterfingers
21-05-2013, 09:33 PM
lol yep, thats me. Im selling those wheels and got something else

I know what you got victor ;)

You can try hide but grade a will always snap you. But fk gj man your cars progressed alot. Makes me sad i wont be the only guy in syd with an airwalker.ep3:(

stienerv2
21-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Lol Berty was the first one to upload the pic. Came out really good.

Thanks for the compliment.

When are you gonna get the airwalker?

butterfingers
21-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Lol Berty was the first one to upload the pic. Came out really good.

Thanks for the compliment.

When are you gonna get the airwalker?

its being packaged somewhere in japan. i hope.. been 5 long weeks, i expect another 5 more.

yea those pics caught my eye, nicely done ep3, stands out yet not over the top haha

bluey45
21-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Upload some pics Victor. I miss my EP3 lol.

stienerv2
22-05-2013, 07:13 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/977288_603085783042951_1377693831_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/977050_251680858306142_2023886531_o.jpg

Credits to Berty and Nicholas

bluey45
22-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Niceeeeeee.

I still think black looks better than the silver rpf1. Loving my Mugen wing. Hahaha.

Now for some FL projectors Victor :)

UNA91
22-05-2013, 10:10 PM
some dickhead reversed into my car and cracked my passenger headlight and dint my hood... I just happened to look out the window and at the same time hear a loud thud followed by my alarm going off loud as I watched my whole car jumped back. The reversing car stops for abit, he clearly noticed it but bails off... ffs people are so low.

charliebrown
22-05-2013, 10:22 PM
fuuuu hope it doesnt cost you too much man. just slight damage? new headlight and repair+respray hood?

UNA91
22-05-2013, 10:27 PM
headlight has a slight crack in the corner where the hood closes, not really noticable but the fact i know its there and unnecessary damage annoys me haha, funnily enough the paint is all fine, it was a pretty loud thud from a big mazda cx-7; i might be able to get a ball end hammer, heat the paint abit and tap it back to shape.

probs like the 4th time ive been reversed into, is it something about the front end shape + lowered that makes the car not visible to mirrors? lol

On another topic, i see seibon makes two different mugen rep wings, one for the uk/usdm ones and one for the jdm; whats the difference?

bluey45
23-05-2013, 12:11 AM
headlight has a slight crack in the corner where the hood closes, not really noticable but the fact i know its there and unnecessary damage annoys me haha, funnily enough the paint is all fine, it was a pretty loud thud from a big mazda cx-7; i might be able to get a ball end hammer, heat the paint abit and tap it back to shape.

probs like the 4th time ive been reversed into, is it something about the front end shape + lowered that makes the car not visible to mirrors? lol

On another topic, i see seibon makes two different mugen rep wings, one for the uk/usdm ones and one for the jdm; whats the difference?

That sucks bro. I hate it when people don't look when reversing. When I had my EP3, I had some idiot scratch my rear bumper with a shopping trolley. Seriously people these days fml.

I think for the seibon Mugen rep wings the mounting holes are slightly different compared to UK and JDM ones. I believe perry has got it installed on his ep3.

stienerv2
23-05-2013, 08:33 AM
different mounting points and roofline

CivicRacer13
23-05-2013, 10:16 PM
quick question how many of you guys are insured with NRMA for your EP3's ??

butterfingers
24-05-2013, 12:03 AM
quick question how many of you guys are insured with NRMA for your EP3's ??

Yes I am

CivicRacer13
24-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Yes I am

Thought I was the only one damn :( thought I was special for a sec there haha just wondering do u have full insurance ? How much u paying ? If you don't mind me asking :) I'm 19 on my red p's bout to go for my greens and I'm paying $2391 a year for my 04 EP3 for full comprehensive insurance,I kno it's still a lot but compared to other it's cheaper?

butterfingers
24-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Thought I was the only one damn :( thought I was special for a sec there haha just wondering do u have full insurance ? How much u paying ? If you don't mind me asking :) I'm 19 on my red p's bout to go for my greens and I'm paying $2391 a year for my 04 EP3 for full comprehensive insurance,I kno it's still a lot but compared to other it's cheaper?

I'm currently only on 3rd party, I don't drive much, never during peak hour and definitely never park in a public area for more than a few minutes. Locked in a garage most of the time. It just doesn't seem worth the extra 1000 to go for full comp, when I'm paying rent and bills at the age of 21

bluey45
24-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm currently only on 3rd party, I don't drive much, never during peak hour and definitely never park in a public area for more than a few minutes. Locked in a garage most of the time. It just doesn't seem worth the extra 1000 to go for full comp, when I'm paying rent and bills at the age of 21

Yeah i was about the same just got third party only, Mon to Fri car sits in garage. Most of the time I drive weekends or if I don't it sits there for whole week.

CivicRacer13
24-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Oh okk that understandable but yeah i was going to just got 3rd party but it's my daily drive so rather full insurance but paying the extra 1000 is a killer lol D:

doosra
24-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh okk that understandable but yeah i was going to just got 3rd party but it's my daily drive so rather full insurance but paying the extra 1000 is a killer lol D:

Have u tried getting quote from justcar?

CivicRacer13
24-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Have u tried getting quote from justcar?

Yeah just cars is over 3500 for full insurance considering I've lost my license twice for not displaying p plates properly and noise pollution -.- on my EK civic with NRMA when I told them that only my excess goes up by another 400 if I have an accident

butterfingers
24-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah just cars is over 3500 for full insurance considering I've lost my license twice for not displaying p plates properly and noise pollution -.- on my EK civic with NRMA when I told them that only my excess goes up by another 400 if I have an accident

why on earth would you lose your license for noise pollution?

CivicRacer13
24-05-2013, 05:40 PM
why on earth would you lose your license for noise pollution?

got done for both of them same time ;(

charliebrown
24-05-2013, 07:00 PM
For the guys that are on 3rd party due to not driving much, have you looked into limited use policies? Theyre around similar price, peace of mind knowing youre fully covered. Afaik shannons offer them

butterfingers
24-05-2013, 07:47 PM
For the guys that are on 3rd party due to not driving much, have you looked into limited use policies? Theyre around similar price, peace of mind knowing youre fully covered. Afaik shannons offer them

No I haven't heard of it, I went with nrma by default my family used them for as long as they owned cars.

Might look into it when I get my next weekend cat

UNA91
25-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I feel bad for saying this, but looking to move on from the ep3 as i've got the urge for turbo... maybe a mazda 3 mps?

DreadAngel
25-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Don't really like the MPS... There are better experiences for turbo... the MPS will just feel like an EP3R but more torque + power, much less suspension and chassis refinement, stupid load of torque steer and all that turbo wah wah stuff...

Go with something else =)

bluey45
25-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Maybe a sti, evo or golf?

PHO
25-05-2013, 11:25 PM

Shannons wont insure a p plater. Lmao.

charliebrown
25-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I feel bad for saying this, but looking to move on from the ep3 as i've got the urge for turbo... maybe a mazda 3 mps?

test drive the xr5 turbo. imo more refined than the MPS, less power which is probably a good thing, but can easily gain more ponies with some bolt ons and dreamscience ECU. only thing it lacks that the EP3 has is LSD but can chuck in a quaife LSD + RS clutch hnnnnngs

4 doors is betta... and the 5pot sounds heaps nicer than tin can handa

charliebrown
25-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Shannons wont insure a p plater. Lmao.

if you don't drive an ek1 and are a motoring enthusiast they may consider

UNA91
26-05-2013, 12:31 AM
I've considered the XR5, but well... its a ford lol i'd love an RS tho but too exxy. Renault Megane RS250 looks nice, but damn they really cheaped out on the interior; WRX hatchback is appealing to me but the shape of subaru always puts me off lol. It's tempting to just supercharge the ep3 lol

PHO
26-05-2013, 12:40 AM
if you don't drive an ek1 and are a motoring enthusiast they may consider

Still nope.

If under 25 (they more lenient now, 23 probably) they wont insure.

And if you are under that age, the only way you could possibly be insured is if you're a member of a CAMS affiliated club, and have your CAMS license, with trackday history.

And they prefer you to have a garage that has a lock on it to store your car over night.

You satisfy none of these. So gtfkedm8

charliebrown
26-05-2013, 12:41 AM
dun like euro? vw gti or r32

caldina gtfour, hsv vxr

charliebrown
26-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Still nope.

If under 25 (they more lenient now, 23 probably) they wont insure.

And if you are under that age, the only way you could possibly be insured is if you're a member of a CAMS affiliated club, and have your CAMS license, with trackday history.

And they prefer you to have a garage that has a lock on it to store your car over night.

You satisfy none of these. So gtfkedm8

i do 60000km a year. no need limited use policy km8getfkd

PHO
26-05-2013, 12:46 AM
i do 60000km a year. no need limited use policy km8getfkd

okay ya taxi drivin fuk

DreadAngel
26-05-2013, 12:52 AM
I've considered the XR5, but well... its a ford lol i'd love an RS tho but too exxy. Renault Megane RS250 looks nice, but damn they really cheaped out on the interior; WRX hatchback is appealing to me but the shape of subaru always puts me off lol. It's tempting to just supercharge the ep3 lol

You'll still get Ford's reliability... Or lack of :p It's slightly better but not much more...

Renault, I hope for your sake that it doesn't collapse :p If near new keep for 1-2 years, then sell and take the hit in depreciation... You keep it longer than that and you'll be losing value and have a troublesome car...

Work the EP3R till you're bored of FF Turbo/Super then detune and switch cars might be an option like you mentioned

dun like euro? vw gti or r32

caldina gtfour, hsv vxr

R32 not Turbo... GTi is an option though early Mk5 GTi's getting old and heading towards the zone where things start going sour...

charliebrown
26-05-2013, 01:07 AM
okay ya taxi drivin fuk

cb singh

butterfingers
26-05-2013, 10:37 AM
2 dr golf r or mps3. It's also much rarer to see a modified mps out there which brings exclusivity into it.

EKVTIR-T
26-05-2013, 10:46 AM
why would anyone want a powerful fwd

charliebrown
26-05-2013, 02:37 PM
BK mps3 getting old as fkkkk now. so hard to find one in mint condition. or buy one thats been fukd up and fixed. dem turbo seals expensive fix

DreadAngel
26-05-2013, 03:08 PM
BK mps3 getting old as fkkkk now. so hard to find one in mint condition. or buy one thats been fukd up and fixed. dem turbo seals expensive fix

This...

Perry
26-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm considering the following cars after the EP3

Golf R
Golf gti
2012 Wrx hatch

bluey45
26-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm considering the following cars after the EP3

Golf R
Golf gti